What happens if it works?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by JetPoweredMacintosh™, Jun 24, 2017.

1. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Forgive me about saying but this is so typical american housewive ish. They probably use theyre car to get to their neighbour and then go on the Internet and say how bad they are

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

i bet those women own a gun
    (typical murica: own a gun is good, own a car is bad; own a thirsty polluting V8 is good, own a VW is bad; and on top a president with orange skin and blonde hair, but thats offtopic so nvm)

#22 coolusername, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Har, har ,har...good one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

All of my cynicism is screaming that this is satire based on that screenshot. I'm getting reminded of ConcernedMom420 and BanDriftingNOW.

All of my other cynicism is screaming that it's not and these people are actually serious.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Lots of American gun owners and SWAT teams I know prefer those awesome Heckler&Koch assault rifles, you know, the ones made in Germany.
    Lots of our police use those awesome .40 cal handguns made by Sig Sauer, you know, that German company.
    Our main battle tanks are equipped with guns made by the same German company that made tank guns for Hitler's panzers, you know, Rheinmetall.
    Lots of rich American neo-liberals who want to tax and ban everything in existence drive cars made by the same German companies
    that provided aircraft engines to Hilter's Luftwaffe, you know, BMW and AUDI.
    Lots of Americans love to drive automobiles made by the German company that produced Hitler's personal staff vehicle, you know, Mercedes Benz.

You should probably be concerned with the state of your country under herr Merkel and her lust to complete a European Fourth Reich.
    American douchebaggery and hypocrisy is the least of your problems.

• Like Like x 2
  6. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Germany is basically the most capitalistic country the Heckler&Koch guns dont shoot straight at least the ones we have our tanks and everything rarly work and those which do are from the 50s still and if anything works like it should we export it if it doesnt we keep it.

7. Raft

Raft
    Expand Collapse

8. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Just ban humans and there will be no need to ban anything else.

9. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

To be perfecly honnest, here in France it's more #GovernmentAgainstCars.
    Taxes are again increasing. For a car that reject more than 190g/km of C02 it's almost 10 000€ of taxes. Finding a new decent car starts to be a real pain. Most good car reject more than 160g/km of C02, or almost 3k€ of taxes...
    Fuel is also increasing, we pay almost 1,28€/L actually.
    I'll be honnest, I don't like electrics car, but with the Model 3 comming soon in France at a decent price, we may end-up buying an high-end one. (Almost 10 000€ are refund by the gouvernement when buying an electric car)

#29 Ulrich, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  10. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Jesus christ. I knew the BeamNG forums weren't exactly brimming with intelligence and maturity, but seriously how do you guys fall for this?
    It's obviously satire, they even said ridiculous things like 96% of all crimes involve cars in one of their tweets. This, at the very worst, is a satirical page that got out of hand, and at best it's just some people taking the piss :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Sometimes things are so obviously fake that they aren't. Just like with the people who think the earth is flat, what they say is completely stupid, but they believe it.

12. ConcordeLXi

ConcordeLXi
    Expand Collapse

yay.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. asf2424

asf2424
    Expand Collapse

let us have our cars, dammit
    #sonsforstreetracing

14. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Though, honestly, I do kind of like their suggestion for a 100dB minimum exhaust...

15. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Oh god you're infected
    Hold still, we promise to make it quick

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Hey, what would be your beef with legally mandated loud pipes? That's some government overreach I could get behind! I mean, seriously, why wouldn't you want a legal excuse to have your car sound like this:

Well, actually, that would sort of be government overreach, but still, for once it works to our advantage instead of against it.

Also, more noise = easier for the NMT that plagues some forest/mountain roads to hear your coming, well except for that one guy who can't go anywhere without earbuds stuffed into his head, but I guess that's his problem. I'm thinking of getting cutouts for that reason, actually; that way I can run quiet when I'm trying not to annoy someone, then let it sing when I'm out in the boonies and don't want to run over a bicyclist.

The rest of that list can burn, of course. And legally mandated straight pipes will probably never happen. It's fun to dream, though.

#36 NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice