1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

What is a good racing wheel for BeamNG?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MusclecarRacer, Aug 16, 2019.

1. MusclecarRacer

MusclecarRacer
    Expand Collapse

Hey fellow drivers,

I've had BeamNG for years now, but always lacked a racing wheel. I was looking for some yesterday on Amazon, but it seems like the vast majority had really creepy reviews, or were more than 500 bucks. Are there any good choices out there that are actually good quality, and won't break the bank? Where would be a good place to find them also. I thinking having a wheel would make BeamNG even more enjoyable.
    --- Post updated ---
    "Creepy reviews", should've been "crappy reviews", wasn't able to edit the OP for some reason. Gotta love spell check right. :p

2. Kiruke

Kiruke
    Expand Collapse

Thurstmaster T150 and Logitech G29/G920 are probably the best bang for your buck racing wheels. You can find both wheels for about 200 bucks.
    And I can confirm that BeamNG is even more enjoyable with a wheel. I've been using one for about 4 years and it's been a lot of fun.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

any wheel is good on beamng. i picked up a logitech driving force ex from a boot sale for 10 quid and it's far better than a controller

4. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

G27 is always a safe call, even though it's priced a lot under your budget.
    I still believe it's one of the best wheels out there.

5. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

I currently waiting for my fanatec dd1

6. titantls

titantls
    Expand Collapse

If you want something cheaper the g25 is an awesome wheels. I’ve had mine for a few years now and I love it. The g27 has a few upgrades from it but it can be more expensive. eBay is the best bet

7. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I personally was just about to buy a G29+shifter on Amazon. That's pretty standard being that it's less plasticy than rivals in the price range. Used older models are an option too.

8. MusclecarRacer

MusclecarRacer
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I'm checking listings on Ebay and comparing to Amazon. I'll post here which I get, and the experience I have with it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MusclecarRacer

MusclecarRacer
    Expand Collapse

I decided to go with a new G29. The older G25's and G27's on ebay looked decent, but for not much more I was able to get a brand new G29. Its coming in tomorrow, pretty excited.

• Like Like x 5
  10. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

would be nice if you can put up avideo up here because im too interestet in an g29
    i gad the same question g25 g27 or g29

11. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Your best bet would be to go with a G27 (if it's in a good condition) or a new G29. The G25 is too old, in my opinion

12. MusclecarRacer

MusclecarRacer
    Expand Collapse

So got the G29 all setup and configured. I love it! Wow I've been missing so much by not having a wheel. 100% recommend it, the FFB is pretty dang powerful, and overall everything feels great.

• Like Like x 2
  13. =STUKA= Jaidensky

=STUKA= Jaidensky
    Expand Collapse

You think the ffb is powerful In Beam? Play dirt rally, that’s some serious ffb. I have G920, would 100 percent reccomend to anybody who has a car game.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice