1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite part about Beam?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flippi 284, Dec 10, 2017.

?

ok

1. Crash physics

49.5%
  2. Racing

8.2%
  3. Tuning

4.1%
  4. Mods

15.5%
  5. The community

4.1%
  6. Graphics

1.0%
  7. Other (Say in thread)

17.5%
  1. Evandman12345

Evandman12345
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I like Beam Because It is fun to drive around and have the cops chasing you and your trying not the damage your car.

I also enjoy the scenery even though Beam doesn't have the best graphics

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Being that my tater can't play the game, I'd have to say my favorite part is just what it is and what it represents - i.e., the opposite of a typical AAA game in recent times.

Where other games depend on multiplayer, the BeamNG team is dedicated to getting single-player right first.

Where other games use shiny graphics and various forms of turd polish to mask crummy gameplay, BeamNG focuses on the important parts first and still manages to have OK graphics.

Where other games dumb down the physics and run heavy on the latest hypercars in order to capture the lucrative "little kids with no skill and too much access to Mom's credit card" demographic, BeamNG appeals to the mature driving enthusiast with brutal sim physics and a variety of car types both old and new.

Where other games rely on DLC or, even worse, pre-order exclusive content, to milk the buyer for all they're worth, BeamNG does none of that. Once you buy in, you're in.

Where other game pre-script car behavior in an attempt to approximate real life, BeamNG abstracts cars down to the chassis level, allowing for deep and fairly unrestricted customization. With BeamNG's baked-in and well-developed mod support, the possibilities are functionally endless, as in, even with a significantly larger pool of active modders, it would probably take multiple lifetimes to exhaust the possibilities. You want to imitate other games and put JDM-style fender flares on an old pickup for some reason? In theory, there's nothing to stop you. You want to build a dedicated mud truck instead? Already in the game, as a preset config no less, but if you want even more capability, it can be modded in.

All this, for about half the cost (or less) of a new AAA title. They have said that their goal is to push the boundaries and "make anything possible", and I truly believe it. From the top of the organization to the bottom, they're doing it for the art. That is my favorite part.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

That....is beautiful.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Totally agree.

I like the devs' refreshingly honest approach to anything they do.

I like their loving attention to details and quality, whereas most games are mere cash-cows for their creators nowadays.

I like the game's sandbox nature: you can do a lot more than just driving and crashing, modding opens endless possibilities.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

I enjoy the realistic driving dynamics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

My favorite part? I like the game.

(I...I can't pinpoint anything else)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. falcon xr8

falcon xr8
    Expand Collapse

Its like a friendly do g. Always there. Hahaha. But lots. Free rome. Driving crash. So much to do ( if you have a Imagination )

8. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

I'm with @FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL on this one. The Developers loving attention to detail. when i first came to BeamNG, you could barely rock crawl but with recent updates to the powertrain, i have been able to rock crawl a whole lot better.

9. SkilledOrigin

SkilledOrigin
    Expand Collapse

I love the crash physics, and mods, but I think where this game can be improved is in the customization. They make these cars like they are out of the factory, which is perfectly fine. What I want is many more parts in the parts selector, widebody kits and other body modifications such as tinted lights/windows, exhausts that actually change the cars sound, anti lag, and much more, FWD,RWD, and AWD options in all vehicles, more turbo and supercharger options, every wheel available on every car (for example, drag wheels cant be selected on certain cars) hell, id want to V8 swap a sunburst or something!

• Like Like x 2
  10. CommandoAir

CommandoAir
    Expand Collapse

I just love the sheer "Do whatever the hell you want" attitude. You can do things you just can't do in other games. It's not like other games that are "this is a circuit racing game" or "this is a rally game" or "this is an arcadey action racing game". You can do pretty much anything, with any style of car, any style of customisation, any style of racing/driving, and anything you can't currently do, you could probably mod in.

That, and I love how the devs give us complete control of the set-up of our game, right down to the UI colours. If there is one thing I love about PC games, and game devs who support this, it's setting a game up to be exactly how I like it, giving me the option to mix metrics, change UI layout and style, changing controls for everything, etc.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. 440cid

440cid
    Expand Collapse

Driving carefully, driving recklessly. Heck, it's BeamNG.Drive.

As in for game features, I really love the part selector and how the game is easily (and encouraged to be) modded.

I also enjoy converting Automation engines to Beam as I see fit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. FaizMAS118

FaizMAS118
    Expand Collapse

Best part for me about BeamNG is i can recreate all crash from Dashcam :)

EDIT: this game is useful for recreating crash to see what happen :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

map editor, because I can create a proper stadium truck track which is something we have yet to see on the forums, we have the West Coast track but those jumps aren't made for speed as I sometimes find myself slowing down to 30MPH so I don't over shoot it, this is a 1 hour version of the ramps I make, it needs to be wider and the jump in general needs work but it gives you an idea of what I hope to run into on the mods page at some point as I still have yet to figure out how to save what I did to the level without overwriting the original level

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00139.png
    • screenshot_00140.png
    • Like Like x 1
  14. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

destroying cars. It's as simple as that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice