What Is Your Less Favorite Class In School?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by nosraenyr kcirtap kcin, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

I know it drives me mad, i don't think I'll ever use it, I suppose the same could be said for Algebra but Shakespeare's quotes probably won't help me at all.

2. losr

losr
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I can kinda understand algebra and geometry for people going into construction and things like that, but I think that it shouldn't be a required course since lots of jobs/careers won't use most of it.

3. CarsAreLife77

CarsAreLife77
    Expand Collapse

Depends on what grade I was in. in 7th grade, everyone was annoyed by the English teacher. I swear, she chose the topics that made us feel as guilty as possible, she chose assignments about how "screen time affects children". She even made us read a book called A Long Walk to Water like she was MAKING US TAKE WATER FOR GRANTED.

4. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

*cough* Spanish class *cough*

5. Snikle

Snikle
    Expand Collapse

Oh God, where to start.

This year, my least favorite class is probably French. The teacher has us do too much bullshit instead of really learning it. English is also pretty dumb sometimes, interpreting Shakespeare and all that.

Last year, my math teacher was an actual nut. It seemed like every other day there was a new seating chart and procedure. She had us use 3-4 different websites, each for a few weeks at a time before seeming to forget about them forever. She got half the example problems wrong on the board. Also, last year, my computer class teacher was pretty bad. She was obsessed with "cheaters" and would have paranoid anti-cheating rules.

6. welshtoast

welshtoast
    Expand Collapse

Maths, followed by Chemics/Science, French and what might seem suprising..Arts

7. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I think it might have been French with me I didnt take it to the final years in my school term I have enough to get by

8. Boss_Hoss_test

Boss_Hoss_test
    Expand Collapse

Homeschooled (insert smirk here)

9. QUANTUM0

QUANTUM0
    Expand Collapse

Languages. All of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MillenniumJade™

MillenniumJade™
    Expand Collapse

English, cos my teacher allowed us to listening music during test

11. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

How is that a bad thing?

12. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Social studies...

13. MillenniumJade™

MillenniumJade™
    Expand Collapse

we cant bring any electronic devices in my school, except for digital class like me. so we bring a tablet instead of books. so listening music and all something like that is forbidden

14. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

This discussion can be summed up by 1 song. Which I agree with.

15. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

I fucking hate math, it's nice to learn, but fricking hell. Am I going to be using the bloody Side Angle Side triangle later on in life?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Algebra and geometry are fundamental for any engineering career, for example.
    And there are always pointless things in school that you have to learn, but what's useless to you (english) might be someone else's future. Maybe a future writer will discover their passion by learning about classic literature, for example.
    Nobody's going to ask you to solve a SAS triangle in a professional envoirment, but it might be one of the tools you'll use to solve the bigger problem. For example if you become a software engineer nobody is gonna ask you to solve a differential equation, but that equation might be the key to working out the wider problem that you have to solve.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

So much this. As a programmer, if you know math you have a much easier time coming up with a viable solution to a problem instead of coming up with bullcrap workarounds. I imagine that this is how it works in different areas as well, where people don't think they'll use the math they learned ever.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

As a programmer yes. I aim on becoming a mechanic or an engineer. But do you think I'll ever use a calculation to find out the length of sizes on a triangle while working on a car? Sorry if it sounds sarcastic.

19. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

If you become an engineer, you'll need pretty much all the math you learn. As a mechanic, you won't really need any maths, but honestly if you're still in school I'd recommend that you aim a little higher...

20. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

Not saying you will use that while working on a car but for example I've used that just last week to calculate the distance of a golf ball from a hole in a C code assignment.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice