What is your Real car and What is your Dream Car

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Luigitime27, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Firepower

Firepower
    Expand Collapse

This is a sentence we'll quote in the future ^^

• Like Like x 1
  2. speednsnake

speednsnake
    Expand Collapse

You actually favor the 3rd gens to the 4th? That's a pretty rare opinion, but it's good to see that there are still folks out there who would keep and enjoy one of those old girls on the road.

OT:
    Current: I have two trucks, both Ram 50s.

My first was an '88 4x4 custom sport cab that I'm currently making into a project car.
    ram501.jpg
    I have a build thread for it here if your interested: http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulleti...-Ram-50-build-Twincharged-Twinturbo-SOHC-6G72

The other is an '89 2wd base model that I bought as a parts truck when the '88 broke down.
    IMG_20151122_131959.jpg
    Feel free to contact me if you want to know anything about 2nd gen ram 50s/mighty maxs, I know quite a bit about them.

Dream:
    I like a lot of cars, but if I'm fortunate enough to have spare cash to afford them, this would be the list of cars that I'd actually buy.

Ford Model T, not restored, but in servicable condition
    Ford Model A, same as the T. I love the cumbersome driving procedure of these cars too much to add modern parts, and restoring a car this old is a nightmare.
    1948 Hudson Pickup, Modern drivetrain. These aren't unique enough to bother with inferior parts, and I like fast better than slow.
    Whatever the fastest Caterham is when I can afford one (probably never. but a guy can dream).
    Superformance Shelby Daytona. This one gets a picture. They're brutally fast and still have the charm of old cars. At 90k I'll probably never own one, but it's a dream car none the less.
    152273.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Quotex

Quotex
    Expand Collapse

4. speednsnake

speednsnake
    Expand Collapse

The USDM/JDM is much more 80's, so I can see why you'd prefer it for a car like that. The EUDM seems to have a lot of MR2 in it.

5. Quotex

Quotex
    Expand Collapse

That and i'm simply a sucker for full-width taillight designs.

6. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

My dream car would be a Mazda Miata ND.
    I swear, miatas get better with every generation.

7. Like_A_Boss97

Like_A_Boss97
    Expand Collapse

I really want one because my dad owned one, and I loved that car. Unfortunately he traded it in for a 2004 Ford Expedition.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jordanpuma

jordanpuma
    Expand Collapse

Currently drive a 2005 Toyota sienna XLE Limited (fake wood is the bomb), I'm building a custom (possible two seater) Harley Davidson bobber, and my two dream cars are the 1969 Dodge Charger, and the 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback.

if I could ever possibly afford one, throw a 1949 Ford Convertible in there. also any bike with a ShovelHead, damn expensive engines, but they sound so good.

9. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

Currently drive this thing,

Dream car(s) are these potential money dumpsters

The BMW especially, since I knew a guy who used to have a short wheelbase 740i which he had swapped out the V8 for the V12 from the 750iL, I never really liked the long wheelbase models.

• Like Like x 1
  10. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

Current, well.. nothing.
    Dream, Realistically a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi, unrealistically Nissan GTR Nismo...

11. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Seems like your dream cars are quite a downgrade from that lexus :p

12. machine

machine
    Expand Collapse

Well, wouldn't say that they're that much of downgrades. Especially since that MB looks to be a third-gen S600.

13. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

The Lexus is nice and it's reliable, it's 3.5L V6 is gutsy, but there's atleast 5-6 people that live nearby having one as well, which kinda defeats the "unique" factor since I've never seen another 3rd gen GS round where I live for a while until recently, I mean, it's a mid level luxury car, which even though, does have some much better equipment than those two, but to me, it doesn't have that "quality" feel like the BMW and the Benz, which was what, the flagship luxury sedans back in the day.

Now I've been called insane before, mostly because of the cost, not just finding any of these two that's in good shape and doesn't have any of the notorious problems which have probably led it being sold at a cheap price, and find another with the V12 engine to do the engine swap. The US only got the V12 engine in the long wheelbase model, which like I said, never liked, since the extended rear doors made the whole car look disproportionate. Probably with the S class as well, but yeah. There's alot more cars which would've cost me alot less money, and is alot better than these two in several points, running costs, reliability, gas mileage or economy, etc.

That being said, The Lexus GS is a nice car as it's reliable, but it doesn't have that "sting" or something like that the BMW and Mercedes has, I know these two are cheap as chips now, But can't a guy dream? :p

#73 NismoR35, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  14. 147689

Expand Collapse

My dream cars are a 1999 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R, a Nissan R35 GT-R, a DeLorean, Tesla P85D (hence the insane mode), and a Toyota AE86 Trueno
    Currently I drive nothing
    On a side note: The Nissan R36 is ugly, as you will see why If you look up Nissan R36 GT-R

#74 147689, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  15. Zorin-Ind.

Zorin-Ind.
    Expand Collapse

*Insert thank you gif*
    Love the W140 and E38! Lexus GS is a great car as well. In terms of reliability and operating costs it's the smarter choice.

16. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it hasn't failed me ever since I got it, though how I got it is a funny story, My uncle had bought it initially for his wife, but for whatever reason, she didn't like it "too expensive" as she said (her logic fails me sometimes). The car itself had nothing wrong with it, though originally it was a showroom model which meant that it had no window tint, my uncle didn't want to trade the car in since he had literally just gotten it, and his wife particularly didn't care much on what he did to it, so he called me and asked if I wanted it, and I was like, "Hell, a free Lexus" and went to get the title changed to under my name.

Car payments and all that, I didn't have to worry since my uncle had taken care of it, the only thing I had to worry about was insurance costs(and window tint), which was typically a tad pricey for something like this, but it didn't bother me much. The few things with the car that still annoy me is that, first, it has a cassette player, and no auxiliary port to even plug an iPod in, which forced me to use one of those adapters that plugged into the cigarette lighter and through a small "switchboard" attached to it, I can select a radio station that the adapter uses and plug my iPod, or iPhone in order to play my own music, and the windshield wipers seem to be a little oversensitive when it's set to AUTO, so whenever I'm driving when it's raining lightly and it's maybe a little windy as well, the stupid wipers change speed constantly, and there's no intermediate mode like other cars have, since the AUTO mode is in it's place, but that's pretty much it.

I forgot to add in my earlier post, is why I chose the E38 and W140, well, the BMW, it's obviously because of this

and this

And for the Benz, this

#76 NismoR35, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Luigitime27 Rains

Luigitime27 Rains
    Expand Collapse

man, I glad people actually reply

18. Luigitime27 Rains

Luigitime27 Rains
    Expand Collapse

I owned one, too. (The one I called a weird ford truck) by mine didn't have A/c

19. supra4life

supra4life
    Expand Collapse

my dream cars are a 2000 Toyota supra, a Super bee Doge charger a Dodge Challenger a Nissan skyline a dodge ram

#79 supra4life, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  20. GatheringAgate

GatheringAgate
    Expand Collapse

Dream car(s) 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air, Hummer H2, Mitsubishi Lancer's, Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, Nissan/Datsun pick-up, 1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Ferrari F40, Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren, Lamborghin Countach, Lamborghin Jalpa, Lamborghin Miura SV, DMC DeLoreon, VW Beetle, VW Type2/Kleinbus/hippy van, old Honda Civic, Albany Buccaneer, Declasse Rancher XL, 2003 Ford Focus SVT, Ford Raptor SVT, Gavril Roamer, Ibishu Pessima, Chevrolet Chevy Van, GMC Vandura, BMW M3 and M1, old Mitsubishi Colt, old Renault Twingo, old Renault Clio S, Army Humvee, Dodge Viper SRT10, Dodge Ram 1500, Chevrolet Camaro's, Dodge Charger's, Dodge Challenger's. Pretty long list huh? Can you spot somen special cars from the list?

#80 GatheringAgate, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice