What to do to the .dae file so the UV map works with it?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by GILDO125, Jan 2, 2022.

1. GILDO125

GILDO125
    Expand Collapse

I’ve been sent some cars for beam. Most are UV mapped and work perfectly fine in game but I have been sent a couple where the model is completely mapped but in game the mapping doesn’t work and doesn’t show. I’ve asked the person who sent me them what to do to essentially active the UV mapping and he said it’s all done on blender on the .dae file. I haven’t a clue what to do with that vague information. I really only know the pure basics of blender but any help would be appreciated. I’m guessing it’s not a lot of work as the hard work of making the UV map is done it’s literally just getting the model to take it? Thanks in advance

2. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

You must go into edit mod, select everything with A, and press UV unwrap. Then, go to the UV tab. It will be a mess but it will be here. You can then shift nodes around on the UV map.

3. GILDO125

GILDO125
    Expand Collapse

I think part is already done tho mate. I have a uv map for these cars that I can paint etc. think it’s something to do with how the model is saved/exported? A option needs to be selected somewhere

4. el_ferrito

el_ferrito
    Expand Collapse

As far as I understand, there are two parts to the UV. The image, that you have, and the element writing the dae that tells the engine which bits of the image go where.

The answer above should help you select the dae to the UV map correctly.

I could be wrong mind, I've not actually done this before.

5. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

What do you mean when you say it doesn't show in-game ? Does it have no textures ? If that's the case it's not necessarly because of a lack of an uv map.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice