1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

What Would BeamNG Be Like If Torque3D Didn't Exist?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Danny Werewolf, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

This is, as the titles said, simply a hypothetical, or what if. It'd still be awesome if the devs could answer this for more info on what CryEngine really was like, and just thoughts about what it may be like if Torque3D didn't exist. Pretty much just a thread to talk about an alternate future where BeamNG was still on CryEngine (probably not) or a totally different engine.

2. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Welp, this could be fun:p

In my humble opinion I think if T3D had never existed we wouldn't be too far from where we're at now. I believe the devs would have found
    something similar to the inherent attributes of Torque. I am nowhere near astute enough on the subject to even make a guess what "engine"
    they would have selected but it certainly would have been able to be accessible inside and out to both development of jbeam physics and
    the modding community alike.

Perhaps had T3D not existed they may have waited until a decent free and open source solution came around or perhaps collaborated
    with someone on their own from scratch engine. I seriously doubt we would be enjoying this software on a brand name engine at all.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice