What would cause a modded transmission to "slip"?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by UlfuRSkegG, Apr 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. UlfuRSkegG

UlfuRSkegG
    Expand Collapse

I am working on an AWD modded sunburst and so far I have played with the engine, transmission, and turbo.

Does anyone know what would cause the transmission to feel like it's slipping?

When I do a nice smokey burnout, it will rev through 1st and 2nd gear and the tires will pour smoke, then when they gain traction the engine revs all the way to max in all of the following gears with little to no vehicle speed increase or tire smoke.

I thought my clutch torques might be set too low so I tried setting them to 2000 n/m, and got the same result.

Maybe there is a value that would affect the powertrain to cause this problem? (or glitch where it gets lost in a LSD)

+ Also, I go off a jump and the speedometer would read "138 mph" (I know its not really going this fast) in the air, then when I land the speed changes to around "70 mph", but my RPM doesn't. I would expect my revs to drop with the added load (weight of the vehicle+contact with the road)

Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks!

#1 UlfuRSkegG, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

sure you dont just need to set it higher still?

3. Gregory TheGamer

Gregory TheGamer
    Expand Collapse

If the turbo is a selectable part, try looking thru it and find clutchTorque. The turbo's seem to overwrite the engine's clutchTorque thing because turbo's also have the clutchTorque setting.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice