1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Whats your general FPS on max settings? (on Jungle map/any)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MultiGamerClub, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

Laptop in signature: Low settings 30-60 any map, 5 WCUSA 1600x1050 resolution
    PC in signature: Highest 40-120 any map, 40 max WCUSA 2048x1152 resolution

2. Sparks4

Sparks4
    Expand Collapse

I have an i5 8600k overclocked to 4.9 GHz, and a msi gtx 970 overclocked to 1586 MHz on a 2k monitor.

2560x1440 resolution
    Max settings, with dynamic reflections on low, I get around 60 to 70fps on each map. On grid map, I get around 80 to 90fps... on 1080p I get 200+

3. MultiGamerClub

MultiGamerClub
    Expand Collapse

I found out my oc only gained 100-200 mhz after going in gpu-z, when i benched. It showed as "graphics: 2000 mhz" which wasnt the real oc as i originally thought.

Ive reverted back to default settings on my gpu, its barely 10% performance gain on my gpu, theres no need to oc it anyway, same goes for memory. I have it at 2000 mhz but if i oc it to 2500, it works but its a bit unstable ive found out.

It can stay there for longer times, but its not worth it. BeamNG.Drive goes fine on the settings i have atm.

-Multi aka John

4. akumazedex

akumazedex
    Expand Collapse

For what it's worth, I get anywhere from 100+ FPS down into the 40's sometimes. I've struggled with frame rates in this game for years across multiple different PC configurations. Anything from a FX9590 with 32GB DDR3 and SLI 970's to my current overclocked 1800X 16GB DDR4 and SLI 1070's. The hardware says I should theoretically be able to blow this game away, but it just doesn't. I regularly play the Ebisu map with 1-3 cars and I get 60-100 FPS, yes it varies that much. That's far from a demanding map. So I can't tell you much. Ultimately I think it's limited to the game engine. I've found settings that work for me and just left them alone. Try different configurations and see what works for you. Post processing seems to take a big hit on FPS as well as any enhanced lighting and shadows.

#24 akumazedex, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

My Cinebench single core score is around 170.

Because at WCUSA I'm very close to be limited by CPU single core performance with 1050Ti, less single core performance and faster GPU will cause single core performance to be limiting factor.

You might have a lot of computing power, but often in BeamNG it is one thread that is causing so heavy load on single core that FPS is limited because of that.

8th generation Intel K-models are fastest on single core performance, such overclocked will have better frame rates than other CPU's at the moment, because single core performance limitation is not bringing FPS down so easily.

That is why you have trouble with FPS and that is also part of the reason why disabling shadows improves FPS so much, while shadows are heavy on GPU too, knowing single core limit and balancing your settings to keep single core load lower gives most consistent FPS.

However on some maps there is not much to do, even disabling shadows still is causing high single core load, turning shaders to lowest will cure that, but everything has a cost.

Some things go over and engine goes berserk making lots of calls which increase single core load more than should, it appears like if there would be some overhead as situation worsens rapidly after some point when stuff is added to map, some object types cause it easier than others.

Not sure if they can optimize that a much though, we will see, but it is quite interesting how JRI does not have such high single core load even there is a loads of stuff. For example draw calls has nothing to do with it, neither number of polygons, collision stuff might be at least partly responsible, but then there is lowering shaders and why that is causing issue to vanish on some maps.
    Funny part is shaders at high, normal and low can be about the same, lowest gives FPS boost.

When understanding how these computing loads behave, it is easier to adjust settings so that you get best out of your rig, many fast machines run BeamNG poorly because this single core limitation, but paying attention to that when adjusting settings can give better results.

Graphics settings don't affect only GPU load, they do affect also single core CPU load, knowing this helps a lot to get BeamNG to run better.

6. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

On my laptop...0 :)

7. PoehlerBehr

PoehlerBehr
    Expand Collapse

For me, like most posts here, West Coast runs as smooth as square wheels on high settings. Everything else I can get a good framerate, depending on the content.

8. Octothorp Obelus

Octothorp Obelus
    Expand Collapse

Specs in signature.
    I can get 75 FPS (capped at 75 FPS since that's my monitor refresh rate and it won't make a difference if it's higher or not) on all maps with three-four cars, including WCUSA.

9. MilanKD

MilanKD
    Expand Collapse

something like 4 -6 on gridmap
    something like 1- 4 on wcusa if I go into a not so dense area

10. synco_NL

synco_NL
    Expand Collapse

i have 35/50 FPS

11. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

60 FPS In East Coast, Grid Map, maps like that

25-35 in WCUSA

45-60 in JRI

12. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

25-35 On demanding maps (with the exception of the freeway on WCUSA - 12fps)
    60+ On open-ended maps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice