Whats Your GPU

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by TheCovet, Feb 28, 2018.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

You have two PCI-E x 16 slots? One for video encoding, another for gaming :D :D :D

Gaming tends to be bit too expensive these days, it will be around 400 euros if I'm going to keep this 2nd hand 1080, not really sure, it is nice in so many ways, but at the moment probably even 6GB 1060 would do 1080p at high in BeamNG just equally well. Then again if I upgrade CPU at some point, 1080 would already be there to be used to full potential and it is indeed quite nice for video recording.

Also Ewanc's Pikes Peak requires 5Gb vram to be run at full details with dynamic reflections (I did see over 4700MB used) and with 1080 I have still GPU power to waste even when recording with NVENC, but that 400 could get me K series CPU that would help with single core load which in BeamNG is quite limiting currently, ah well, alt-u helps for that :p

Just wait until you are above 50, dreaming about all that time and energy of when was 16, that is just how life works :D

2. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

oh yeah that's a point. but I still don't think I can justify whether I want to upgrade my gpu or not. I suppose I can leave that one in, a 150w HEVC encoder :p Do you know if freesync will work if I have both an AMD card and Nvidia card, it should work if I connect the freesync display to the AMD card right?

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I have no idea, but if Quick Sync works with AMD card, then you would think that freesync should perfectly ignore whatever you have another GPU, or then not, have no idea.

Also I'm not sure if NvEnc works just as a encoder, or does it require nvidia rendering graphics to work? It may be different from iGPU route.

Oh I remember the time when you could upgrade GPU vram, what a wonderful times and such a huge performance levels :D If just software would be still optimized like back then :-\

Yesterday I did manage to spend quite bit of time with JC3, it is amazing how it uses all 8 threads of CPU (roughly 50% of each) and only 50% of GPU while running perfectly at 60fps on highest settings, while it still puts huge amount of stuff on your screen and game world that is biggest of any game, no pauses of loading when moving around that huge game world either, only with some special areas and for cut scenes.

It still crashes bit too easily, especially when doing missions, which is really annoying, but optimization on that engine and game is something really cool. I'm quite sure it uses way too much CPU but they have balanced the load among threads so well that it does not matter much.

On GPU side they have to do some really cool tricks to pull that low GPU load, some maps on BeamNG uses more GPU, but so much prettiness as well as performance that it is really cool. 4GB or more vram required to play that on highest settings though.

BeamNG is actually only game where I have got 100% GPU usage and that is when doing burnouts.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

Yes it should work. My experience is that an Nvidia and an AMD GPU can work together independently of each other in the same system. You obviously need drivers for both, but they should not conflict. The Nvidia driver will not try to do anything with the AMD card, and the AMD driver will not try to do anything with the Nvidia card. You could even have an Intel HD iGPU enabled alongside those two if you wanted to be able to connect an absurd amount of monitors.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Mr.Blueboy

Mr.Blueboy
    Expand Collapse

I never knew that! That means more experimenting for me.

6. Ovahlls

Ovahlls
    Expand Collapse

I wish BeamNG did auto-optimization. That way, my graphics settings would lower when needed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mr.Blueboy

Mr.Blueboy
    Expand Collapse

Mine wouldn't have to, because I have Intel HD 4400 2Gb so it's on lowest all the time.

8. AM-DB9

AM-DB9
    Expand Collapse

That I did for a local church that needed many monitors to display graphics and timers/countdowns and stuff. They ended up connecting 7 monitors, but you could go for 12 total.

Windows lets you arrange them as you want too - just drag and drop them around as you prefer.
    7.png

2x EVGA GTX 980Ti SC FE make my current GPU setup.

• Like Like x 1
  9. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

Intel HD Graphics 3000

• Like Like x 1
  10. Never1

Never1
    Expand Collapse

currently enjoying my 1080ti FTW3 with liquid cooling custom loops 2GHz OC

• Like Like x 1
  11. NaNe

NaNe
    Expand Collapse

I use a Gigabyte Geforce GT220 1Gb with a monitor using 1360x768 resolution,pretty fast

12. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

what

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. NaNe

NaNe
    Expand Collapse

The best gpu can get here is gtx 560.

14. AX53

AX53
    Expand Collapse

6gb GTX 1060 yo

15. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

Where the hell you are living anyway? If you have internet I'm sure you could order at least a GTX 1050...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. NaNe

NaNe
    Expand Collapse

yea I have internet.I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina,yes I could order but I still live with my parent and I still go to school

17. Mr.Blueboy

Mr.Blueboy
    Expand Collapse

The best one in where I live live is a RTX 2080Ti.

18. BangerRacingDude

BangerRacingDude
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

ive got a killer build with an intel pentium g4560 and a gtx 1080 ti :cool: (jk its trash well the cpu at least)

19. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

Wow. Any plans to upgrade your CPU?

20. BangerRacingDude

BangerRacingDude
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

yea, need some more money first.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice