1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Wheels never stop

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Davidbc, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Basically what it says in the title, the wheels kept spinning at the same speed for more than 5 minutes, I took a couple screenshots showing the time difference and a video to prove the game wasn't paused or anything:

spinforever1.jpg

5 minutes later:

spinforever2.jpg

[webm=]http://www.beamng.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33304&d=1403988814[/webm]

Attached Files:

#1 Davidbc, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  2. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

those wheel bearings doe

Seriously though, I don't think there is drag on the wheels when in neutral. There might be whilst the clutch is in, but that's a similar bug to the Covet's handling, mechanically understeering in gear but mechanically oversteering in neutral

3. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Any dev has seen this? There should be a loss of energy from the friction of the wheel parts that would slow them down until they completely stop.

4. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Well , Just like when you roll a wheel on a skateboard or bike with your hand I believe the same principle applies to cars and wheels should eventually come to a stop. :p

5. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Nope they've discovered perpetual motion our energy crisis is over all glory to the BeamNG devs

6. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

Wheels don't have coltri's, so no aero physics, no drag or anything, and they don't use bearings, they use magic points to rotate from so there's no friction whatsoever, no brake pads touching.. Nothing.

There is literally nothing stopping them from spinning.

7. estama

estama
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Well, for wheels, there is "axleFriction" that affects them ;) .

8. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

Never knew :p Maybe Gabe just hasn't added them, or much at all..

EDIT: Yeah, it's cause of the axle breaking, I just noticed it loses all friction when you snap the axle, so there's no real wheel friction or resistance.

#8 DrowsySam, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  9. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

I used the forklift to put the pickup on its roof and there is friction, the wheels always come to a stop as expected. Then I crashed really hard and ended with the car sitting on its front as in the screenshots in the op and the friction is gone.

10. AirSKiller

AirSKiller
    Expand Collapse

Probably after the axel breaks, since it's the only friction point, the wheels don't have friction anymore and keep spinning.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice