1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Where are we going?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EruptionTyphlosion, Nov 17, 2018.

1. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Very wise words from both of you.

Even though there are a few people that misbehave, this is actually an extremely mature and helpful community. This is (in my opinion) the best gaming community I have found.

For example I also play Fortnite (don't judge... It's just a fun online game to play with my mates), but the community is absolutely awful. It is full of ungrateful kids wanting more all the time and then complaining when the game adds more content and salty grown men having a sook because the game brought back 'OG' skins. It's a horrible, toxic community - nothing at all like BeamNG.

This may be a little off topic, but its just my 2 cents worth to the conversation :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

I changed my mind... Thanks to this review I now hate the BeamNG community :(
    Capture.jpg
    (I don't mean that literally but that review did make me genuinely angry)

Capture.jpg

Hopefully reporting it will get it removed.

(It's a review for the prerunner btw)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. CarsRFun

CarsRFun
    Expand Collapse

What an ungrateful f*ck.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

That is really weak review, but if ignorance of one or few person defines community etc. then I don't think it is very good, there always is going to be persons who would need much more education before letting them loose to internet, but at this era such is not the case.

But so what if some person rates 1 star with complete misconception, we know person is expressing quite weak arguments and will not have very good time as everyone will know person as one star rater, there is no way to really make such go away.

I'm not saying that such should be accepted, but more of that how much one let's such affect himself, I guess it can even be form of trolling, so best to deal with such is to add person to ignore list.

If you let them annoy you, then they get you exactly where they want you to, it's quite difficult to not get annoyed, but overall more issues come from becoming annoyed than from troll behavior.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

I 100% agree with you, and don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this community. I just get annoyed because @Stoat Muldoon put's so much effort into his mods, takes his time to help me out with my own mods and then gets disrespected like that. It's just frustrating because none of the poor reviews he receives are deserved and are just a result of complete ignorance, trolling and/or stupidity.

I know I shouldn't let it bother me but it's really frustrating :p

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

There's always going to be disrespectful little snowflakes, angered by you not helping cater their perfect little protected world to them. You should read through the Roane County TN reviews sometimes - and while the majority are good (like 'it's so big I got lost for hours, and still can't find my way out') or at-least along the lines of 'the 2500~3000 hours of work sunk into this stinking thing shows, even if it's a bit rough around the edges', there's some like 'gosh this stinks, it looks like the 90s in here' or something to that effect. The end-all point here is you CANNOT please everyone. There are some people that are impossible to please. Those people you just toss cactus plants and porcupines at, or just spank profusely until they get the point. It's not your fault - or your friend-who-made-the-4wd-mod's fault that some parent was too afraid of 'Child Protective Services/Children in Youth' to discipline / spank their kids when they needed it. It's not your fault people are ungrateful. There's always going to be those miserable kids out there that are completely spoiled brats.
    To balance that out, there's always super nice happy-go-lucky folks that are willing to help out whenever possible. Even some who work thousands of hours for free to build the community up if nothing else. If some folks don't like that, or don't like the result; they can go play Cattlefield or Call of Doodey, or Couch-Fort-Night, or just go back to playing Minecraft... since I guess 'Half Life 2' is out of touch now.
    *quickly hides the original Half Life 1 orange-case CD, early 90s computer-show-purchased Shareware CD's, and Windows 95 CD-ROM (with Hover on it) that's on the desk*

You're not going to please everyone. Don't die trying like other's have. Don't beat yourself up over it either.
    DON'T LET IT BOTHER YOU, LIFE IS TOO SHORT :) You're better than that, especially if you can do the part where it screams your eyes out with all-caps like an unhappy kid *points left*.

If they're mad because their diaper is over-filled, or because someone peed in their Cheerios... That's too bad. It's not YOUR fault THEY CHOSE to be miserable. Don't let them bring you down to their level. But also, equally important, don't let them deprive you of the fun community we can be here, for your own sake. That being said - if you need a few days away from internet forums occasionally, I can't say I blame you. I do take my time off now and then, just every two weeks or so, putting my modeling program away for 48 hours, and enjoying life (as I'm disabled and have time to do modeling/mapping to the point where it would be mentally unhealthy).
    Everyone needs a break. So go take one, enjoy yourself, don't die in the mean-time, and we'll be here when you come back. It's healthy to take a break, that's why there's such a lucrative business out there in modern society with tourist traps and nearby hotels.
    Just enjoy YOUR life and don't let others (even me really) tell you when you can/not enjoy life, and how/when to enjoy it.
    --Enjoy

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Don’t argue with idiots. They’ll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

Back on topic here, @Fera 's post and statistics are 100% true.

9. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Good grief.

Also, Crimson, I'd advise that you don't let that single reviewer determine how you see the community as a whole. If you judge a community by simply a single person, your thoughts will be very limited.

I judge communities by what I see the most of in multiple people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

He said he didn't mean that literally, so he actually didn't mean that and was more of a intentional over-exaggeration.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Am I wrong to still offer advice anyway?

12. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

It think it was pretty obvious we can't just judge one person as your entire opinion on a community.

But anyways, this is a bit off-topic.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Seems like that kiddo just doesn't get it. -_-

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Oh well.

But seriously, back on topic, guys.

I’m thinking a graphics engine overhaul is in the works, or a very early, WIP edition of the campaign, which will be based on the Italy map.

What do you guys think will happen in 2019?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

That’s very true, I’ll try and just ignore those spoilt and ignorant children, there’s so much more positive and helpful people on the forums anyway I shouldn’t let them bring me down. :D
    I’m guessing the campaign will be released in the second half of 2019, I’m also hoping for at least 2-3 new vehicles to be released during the year... although that might be a bit optimistic. I don’t really have any high hopes for a new graphics engine any time soon

• Like Like x 1
  16. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Can you please respect that we are a hard working, 42 people team, that works towards getting the game finished please? This whole thread and beating the shit out of us does not help us much pushing all the overtime hours to finish the hundreds of bugs we still have in Italy. I do not have the time to read through the so much wordy posts that Fera writes. Haters gonna hate. I do not intend to feed the trolls here either.

We will post updates regarding italy and the gameplay development + feedback round in microblog soon.

cheers!

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 5
  17. Raceboy77

Raceboy77
    Expand Collapse

we just want to know whats going on, not really to bash y'all (though some people up here do)

18. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

We are working hard on finishing italy, working on the gameplay design and finish everything before christmas starts. A huge map and a new car is a huge update and we have lots of things that needs fixing ...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Raceboy77

Raceboy77
    Expand Collapse

ok great, so thats whats going to be for the end of this year, what about the start of next year

20. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

About the 'where are are we going': we are finishing Italy for now, then work on the career mode and gameplay for the next 6 months. We will integrate the community into the gameplay design once the christmas stress is over with.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice