1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Where are we going?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EruptionTyphlosion, Nov 17, 2018.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Yeah and that is not what I meant, of said games, how many have changed very core for modder's needs, like powertrain changes for example?

That is what is quite special in BeamNG, developers really are working for modders in this game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. The Shotty

The Shotty
    Expand Collapse

The powertrain change was made because they wanted a better powertrain
    and most games usually come with the features that BeamNG is trying hard to implement because they didn't cut corners and their engine didn't break whenever something needed optimising because of all the technical debt that has been created

3. corvette81

corvette81
    Expand Collapse

.... are you referring to the tron bs? cause nobody really wanted nor asked for that just like 2 people made tron skins awhile back.

Anyway GTA updates of recent have been lending themselves to what the community wants, ATS literally just put in one of the most popular trucks that modders have done, Farm sim have competitions for modders with winning content being featured and added and the list goes on.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

But shouldn't it be the dev team's job to introduce new content into the game? Despite all the help modders are getting there are very few mods that are high enough quality that I would consider downloading them.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Tixltif

Tixltif
    Expand Collapse

Why are you all so negative, if you don't like the game then don't play it. I personally enjoy the light runner mode, I brought it out at a party and everyone enjoyed it. The bus route mode was a bit of a flop and I don't really like it at all. I think that 2018 was a semi decent year for beam and even though it wasn't the best, it wasn't terrible. I'm content with what's in the game right now. We have a ton of maps, a ton of cars, and a ton of things to do. That's all that really needs to be said here. Beam is going in a positive direction they just need time. What they don't currently need is people complaining and clogging the forums with things that have been stated a thousand times. I think that beamng.drive is going to be okay and we can only look forward to next year.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. The Shotty

The Shotty
    Expand Collapse

To add to my last post

The developers of Saints Row hired a really popular modder (also one of the only modders iirc)

7. corvette81

corvette81
    Expand Collapse

I don't play it but games don't improve if everyone pussyfoots around the truth and doesn't give fair criticism.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. The Shotty

The Shotty
    Expand Collapse

"if i can't see it it's not happening"

9. Tixltif

Tixltif
    Expand Collapse

okay but my point is, you've all made your points and they know what's happening so what's the point of clogging the threads and forums. There are people who are trying to get ideas and points across that are new and will provide some new and actually useful feedback and people just keep complaining about the lack of content

10. The Shotty

The Shotty
    Expand Collapse

if they knew what was happening they would actually be doing something about it instead of continuing to add pointless things that don't add anything new to the game

11. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Support for custom shift logic did come from modders needing such, latest powertrain change was to support electric and hybrid vehicles that modders have been creating.

Of course one can see how he looks, but approach of development is different in this game than in those others.

But I agree that Giant is also trying to boost modding a lot.

There is quite many modders that BeamNG has hired, some old topics are funny to read as modders trying to learn stuff have all staff badges now.

So sure everything can be improved, but with constructive criticism, there is big difference of being supportive with criticism or being destructive. .
    --- Post updated ---
    Ok, so if I'm getting your message right, you feel that devs don't know what they are doing and are adding things to game you don't want?

What would be your list, what you would added this year and what you would of developed if you could of had chance to run the company? I'm interested of hearing your visions here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tixltif

Tixltif
    Expand Collapse

I think that what's happening on the forums right now has passed constructive criticism. If you find something that hasn't been stated hundreds of times before on discord, twitter, and the forums that you think is important and that should be fixed then say it but as of now complaining about the lack of content in 2018 doesn't need to be stated again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. The Shotty

The Shotty
    Expand Collapse

first of all
    once that's done
    actually complete vehicles on the list instead of making buses and trophy trucks and fiats
    focus on improving the engine as much as possible whilst also trying to balance the amount of content
    make consistent updates and not an update every 50 months

maybe do these things:
    redo the entire engine/switch so that every single fix doesn't break everything else
    maybe at that point just switch graphics engine
    hire more people/pay current
    maybe read/take advice from Glassdoor reviews:
    upload_2018-11-18_2-19-15.png

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I have before, and I can do it again.

The only things that can classify as Wreckfest having an advantage over BeamNG is the kind of cars it has that BeamNG doesn't, multiplayer, and the graphics.

Gameplay wise, you can do whatever you want in BeamNG, while in Wreckfest it's strictly demo derbies. I'm not trying to insinuate that derbies are a bad thing, but only derbies is limited gameplay. In BeamNG, you can do derbies there too, and also police chases, go offroading in the Hopper, D-Series, H-Series, etc. And if you have mods, many more doors swing open. In conclusion, BeamNG offers more playable scenarios.

BeamNG
    - Bus routes, maps with different environments in different areas, free roam, scenarios, light runner, pretty much unlimited mod support (seriously, look at the kind of things Stoat Muldoon, Bernd, and Chris Lucas have pulled off), realistic crash physics, playable props (like the trailer, Hirochi piano, etc)

Wreckfest
    - Demolition derbies, racetrack maps only, limited mod support (I didn't see much on their Workshop, nothing game changing like the kind of mods BeamNG has seen several times), artificial looking crash physics (they look stiff and programmed to me, almost like they're letting gameplay hold them back.)

15. The Shotty

The Shotty
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG
    - No proper consistent updates, no clear goal as of now, devs like to not listen to the feedback from people like me or others (not me so much) about things that need addressing, not much gameplay because scenarios are limited and chasing unresponsive ai gets boring, most mods made for the game are usually low effort and don't really add much, extra bumpers or skins don't really add much, unlike Wreckfest mods, which can add stuff like buggies and derby stadiums, even if there is few mods for the game

Wreckfest
    - Clear goal, finished game, good, varied selection of cars that was planned from the beginning, developers addressed big issues and didn't add useless modes, gameplay is fun, multiplayer support, mods aren't too easy to make, but the game is already fun as-is, and isn't an easily accessible game for modding unlike BeamNG

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Don't forget the lack of good-quality mods recently.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. The Shotty

The Shotty
    Expand Collapse

If anything, that means i should revoke my argument about Wreckfest being harder to access mods wise, because most mods barely touch upon proper JBEAM or JBEAM editing, let alone entire new vehicles

18. Tixltif

Tixltif
    Expand Collapse

look, beamng has a way to go but complaining over and over again isn't going to fix anything. Please stop saying the same thing over and over again. Come up with something new and then I'll take you seriously but as of now you're restating the same arguments again and again and it's just frustrating. I want this discussion to go somewhere and repeating the same thing won't fix it. Let's move on and say what we want to happen in 2019 so that the devs can actually go and look at this and say "Hey that's useful and will help us improve the game". Instead of going "Oh hey that's something that we already knew about and this thread is probably just that so let's move on".

19. The Shotty

The Shotty
    Expand Collapse

maybe we will stop making the same points if the devs stop missing the same issues

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

Just gonna leave this one out there.
    Wreckfest was never done and never near completion until THQ nordic came up and worked on it with them.
    BB went through bankruptcy and all sort of problems.
    There was a time where there was no updates for more then a year.
    Beamng isnt a bigger company, things takes time to make.

• Agree Agree x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice