1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Where do I put troubleshooting questions that involve using mods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by carnox7, Sep 2, 2019.

1. carnox7

carnox7
    Expand Collapse

In the troubleshooting section of the forums, it says to not post questions that involve mods, and to post the problem on the mod that's causing the issue. However, I don't know what mod is causing the issue?

The mod support section seems to be for MAKING mods, not using mods.

So where do I post questions that involve using mods, but don't know the mod that's causing the issue?

2. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Simply put, there's no official support for using mods. Mods are unofficial, and thus aren't supported by the devs. They will not provide support for a modified game as for it wastes time they could be using to make the game better, both for players and modders alike.

If you want support for making a mod, use Mod Support. If you're using a mod that isn't working correctly or is breaking the game, Message the author or post in the forum thread for said resource/mod if it has one.

If you need help figuring out what mod is broken, that's ultimately your task; I suggest removing every mod you have and installing them again one by one until you reach one that's causing issues, then delete it... It's the easiest way I can think of.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice