WHich Nvidia is best?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Chernobyl, Jul 28, 2014.

?

Which graphics card is best

1. GTX Titan

14.3%
  2. GTX Titan Z

61.9%
  3. GTX 650

23.8%
  1. zZZedZz

zZZedZz
    Expand Collapse

AM3+ Socket motherboards don't come with onboard video. That's why there's no video output on the motherboards. I don't think any AMD CPUs have an iGPU on them anyways.
    Out of that list, Titan Z is best in terms of performance, but best value is a 780.

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Mine is AM3+ yet has an onboard GPU, but not all do

3. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Same here.

4. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

AMD's appeal is price to performance, I've bumped back down to a 5870 till I'm sorted. If AMD have really gone this shit in 2 years then I'm going to nvidia. problem with nvidia is they're overpriced as hell, so an equivalent card for identical cost is not possible.

5. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

My reasoning for Nvidia is Shadowplay. AMD cards are great and all but Shadowplay is a fantastic utility.

6. metalmuncher

metalmuncher
    Expand Collapse

Actually, that AMD Raptr app recently got an update that has very similar functionality, using the hardware encoder as well I think. IDK how good it is though, never tested.

7. daveywaveyHD

daveywaveyHD
    Expand Collapse

It's OK, though i would never use it for recording gameplay as apposed to Dxtory. I only say that due to (as far as i know) you can only play games listed on Gaming evolved's library (BeamNG cannot use Raptr even though i have it in my steam library, it doesn't get synced). Also, lack of extra functions; unless i'm missing something, you require an external mic recording software such as Audacity to record voice. It has a neat feature that has a pre-recorded set amount of time (that you can change to something like 1 min?) meaning that when you aren't recording yet get a good moment worthy of being remembered on video it allows you to save that 30 sec clip (Without bloating out your HDD by recording everything). I'm unsure about the quality as i have never rendered it (if it needs rendering?) nor bothered to use it much (because i have Dxtory :V). The built in Twitch streaming is a nice touch and is ideal for someone who doesn't want to download dedicated software and doesn't want programs spread all over the place. In a sense it's perfectly user-friendly, made for users who don't want hyper edited videos (or even good vids for that matter) but rather want to share some moments with friends (idk how well this is integrated with vid sharing). Unfortunately i cannot compare it to shaddow play as i have never used it. I may be wrong with some things i have stated above (and am unsure about some of the features that i have not found/may not be available to the games i play) so this, what now appears to be a very vague Raptr review, is purely me supporting MetalMuncher's comment. I'm tired, need sleep, please, no hate.

8. Smeowkey

Smeowkey
    Expand Collapse

lol The Titan is over a thousand bucks. Obviously it is meant for graphics design/rendering and not gaming!

Next poll, battleships vs canoes and paddle boats!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice