'White with a dash of Asian' - Streaming Channel

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by David Fortsc, Jun 23, 2013.

1. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

Just thought I'd post this here. I'm going to be doing commentaries and gameplay broadcasts as well as a 'Let's Play' with my friend. I have a 2 hour video of me figuring out the controls and playing Kerbal Space Program, which was actually entertaining to do. It was more so directed as a 30 minute test run but I got carried away and just played and played. I'm going to be hooking up my second monitor so there isn't any more inception when it comes to adjusting settings.

http://www.twitch.tv/whitewithadashofasian - I'll be doing a broadcast of BeamNG when it finally comes out or if BeamNG grants me a 'review' copy. *Hint BeamNG

2. FreddyJones

FreddyJones
    Expand Collapse

I'm too lazy to turn my speakers on to watch videos on my computer, but is sounds cool. Good luck with the 'review" copy :)

3. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

Haha, thanks. I'm going to be adapting a lot as the broadcasts go on. I'm not going to lie and say I'm entertaining, I just do what I do and hope it is. It's wishful thinking about the review copy, I doubt they'd want that. AND OH MY GOD WHAT IS SHAKING MY HOUSE BRB

4. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Wat? Earthquake in Florida?

5. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

Nope. Just a really strong Lawn Mower apparently, LOL! This is why it sucks to live in a trailer. Neighbor's lawn mower shakes your room.

6. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

Going LIVE in 5 minutes to try out another game for the broadcast. Would appreciate it if some of you tuned in and provided feedback about quality.

7. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I came on, and you broke. lol And while it might not look laggy to you, either your internet or your capturing tool is making it look like you are running on a laptop. :\

#7 Bubbleawsome, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  8. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

No it's laggy. That's why I came off. Went out to the living room and just came back in. About to load up Cry of Fear and try it since it's a less taxing title.

EDIT: Back up

9. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

Sorry to double post...

In case anyone hasn't seen it, when I was playing Cry Of Fear I decided to try out my webcam while broadcasting - it turned out rather decent. I also managed to be able to make my first 'camera appearance' memorable. Check it out on Youtube:

I'm having fun doing these broadcasts so check them out. I'm not the funniest but I think some of it is interesting in general, then there's me talking. LOL!

#9 David Fortsc, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  10. Rocking_Star

Rocking_Star
    Expand Collapse

haha, that was funny. There's something about people screaming in scary scenes that always makes it funny, even in the "face" of an extremely scary scene. (see what I did there? ... No? Go back & see the video again)

Keep going. Would like to see where this goes to :)

11. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

12. Rocking_Star

Rocking_Star
    Expand Collapse

That was a good gameplay.
    I think I'm going to keep in touch.
    I wonder if you would try Amnesia, it's another horror game, one I played (actually, the only horror game I ever played).

I'm looking forward to what happens next,
    I'm not haven't tried twitch yet, but I'll try to 'follow' you.

13. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

I'd be more then willy to try Amnesia if I had it. I've heard of it and I feel like I'd have a mini heart attack leading up to it, haha. I'll keep an eye out to see if I can get Amnesia later on down the road. Thanks for the feedback. I'll update this thread next time I go live if need be.

14. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

Mr. Asian J.P. made an appearance vocally while we played Cry Of Fear together. I know it's a long video but hopefully we can keep you entertained. It gets better after we switch from the Co-Op to 'Suicide' Mode. There I think hilarity ensues.

http://www.twitch.tv/whitewithadashofasian/b/423599952

Youtube version:

#14 David Fortsc, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  15. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

#15 David Fortsc, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  16. Rocking_Star

Rocking_Star
    Expand Collapse

Strangely, watching you drift makes me want to play a zombie FPS.

A couple of small tips though (I'm no expert, but just what I think):
    You should try to build more momentum coming into that hairpin turn.
    Also, during straight lines try small, narrow drifts. Many of the times I think you were drifting too wide, & when you reached the turn you were going overall a bit slow.

17. GeoTelnet111

GeoTelnet111
    Expand Collapse

What if I wanted to 'REVIEW' BeamNG?

;)

God help us if they do what Dice did with the BF4 Alpha Trial. :p

18. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

In that video I was honestly very clunky and not sure why, I think I was wanting to make sure I put on a good show. I went back in later and started to drift again. The goal with the server is to get a high school which requires you to do a lot of drifting and drift length. You're right about the smaller drift lines, if I can keep it sideways longer I might get more points, but the track is very narrow. So I try to use the entire track as much as I can, but sometimes my tires clip the grass which sends me off, lol. As far as speed goes into the corner, slower in my opinion is better. I'm not about speed, I'm about drift angle and precision. I try to get a good sideways drift versus high speed.

The Hairpin is tricky, if you bring too much momentum your rear end breaks out from behind you uncontrollably. Or, if you have too little momentum your drift ends before the corner does. You have to get it just right and a few times off camera I've gotten a perfect entry and exit that allowed me to link it immediately into the next corner. Maybe I'll practice more and broadcast again.

As far as the zombie game goes, that's a little weird but I'm glad it made you feel something. :D

19. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for the bump. I'm wanting to do a broadcast but I'm not sure what I should play? Any suggestions?

20. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Minecraft. :p
    Play some browser games, those are interesting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice