1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Why are There 3 Different Sections for Mods?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by B3_Burner, Jul 10, 2020.

1. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

I've been wondering this for awhile now, but haven't gotten around to asking until now.

There are 3 different places for mods--

-- one in the forums, three sub-headings down from the top of the Forums tab,

-- one in the MODS tab to the right of the FORUMS tab at the top of the main page,

-- and one in the repository in game.

My question is why so many places? Is there a specific reason to separate them out? Do some mods specifically go in certain locations for certain reasons? Are they mutually exclusive and unique to each location, or are they duplicated and overlap, so that every mod can be found in all three sections?

Having 3 different places to find mods can make searching for them confusing at times. It's like I don't know if I've missed a place, or already searched there. Why isn't there just one, and only one place to search for mods, so that I know for a fact that if I do a search, there's only one place it could possibly be?

2. _Diamond_Coal_

_Diamond_Coal_
    Expand Collapse

I think forums are for real life vehicles, which arent allowed in repository. And Mods tab and in game repository are absolutely same

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

Oh my freaking goodness!!! Thanks for finally making that crystal clear, because no one has ever explained that in so many words. Someone should make mention of that somewhere.

So I'm to look for my Holy Grail 1966 Pontiac GTO in the Forums, and my Codename : oldsfullsize add ons in the repo or Mods tab. Great... I shall get to looking.

One last question. If I find a mod that's posted in either the forums section or mods section, can I rest assured that only the latest version will be posted? Or is there a danger that a newer and older version might both be on the list, and it's my responsibility to check version numbers, and upload dates?

4. _Diamond_Coal_

_Diamond_Coal_
    Expand Collapse

If you mean in sections of forums ("Land" for example), it is different on each mod, but authors usually update file in main post or say on which page is the latest version

5. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

Ok thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice