Why did you start liking cars?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by TechSupportUS, May 23, 2017.

1. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

We always owned skodas but for me its one of my favourite brands espacially the first gen octavia because i grew up with one and it was also my first car so i love it for that reason.

2. Pervin.M

Pervin.M
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I started loving cars when i was 2 years old,and first car brand that i learned was "Hyundai".Then i started playing Nfs carbon which got me into mucsle and jdm cars.But Nfs proStreet got me into real tuning (turbos,engines) etc.And my grandfather's samara 2109 got me into soviet-shtmobiles :p

3. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, ProStreet was awesome. i dont understand why it got hated to death back then.

4. Pervin.M

Pervin.M
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

No free roaming ,only closed race tracks i guess :p

5. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

I know... that game was epic... of all the NFS games that one deserved a sequel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Nah, High Stakes really needs one.

7. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

Agree! Imagine a game with simcade handling, NFS2015 graphics and livery editor, and ProStreet grade tuning and career! Id be sold on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Alright, you got me there. High Stakes was the bomb... especially once I found nfscars.net... that pretty much set that game as one of my favorites from then on.

9. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

The PS1 version was the best.

10. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

I always had the PC version... I had the original Hot Pursuit on PS1 though and I will admit that I liked that one better then the PC version (I don't know why I have both... I have 2 disks for the PS1 version as well :p)

11. missionsystem

missionsystem
    Expand Collapse

Ive been able to identify cars since 2, when I was that age my parents car was a Peugeot turbo-d so not exciting

12. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Nfs III was good. HS on PS1 was NFS III PS1 on steroids. Absolutely amazing.

13. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

I like cars because I'm a man... Most men like cars.

14. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

The engine. Love the sound of supercharged V8s revving up :)

15. Warble

Warble
    Expand Collapse

my dad used to professionally race Datsun 240z's in a GT2 homologated vintage class in the middle 80's as well as doing Ice racing here in good old Michigan with his trusty 1982 Datsun 510 wagon he owned a business selling and fixing Datsun's during that time and we still have two 240's around the house, one of which used to be a group A rally car. He also raced SCCA races with Honda civic Si's in the late 80's to early 90's and raced and owned the teams of pro stock cars at the local short track up until I was born in '98, he wanted to spend more time with the family, and he and I have enjoyed working on cars and owning quirky old Japanese shitboxes as well as American classics ever since, there have probably been over 100 cars that my dad has owned since I was a kid

16. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

I started liking cars because of video games, and my grandpa was a mechanic! I use to play a lot of Need for Speed, Burnout, and the Midnight Club Games.

17. Dealercrash

Dealercrash
    Expand Collapse

go karting and sim racing. saw a go kart race and wanted to go kart competitively when i was 7 (now i do), and i started sim racing with a ps2 controller and now i have a G29

18. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

first thing introduced to as a kid. grew up watching my godfather play Gran Turismo 4.

19. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

I learned how to read with Car and Driver magazines (in Colombia we used to have our own Car and Driver). That got started it all, and it started going downhill when my dad sold the Dreamcast and got a hacked ps2 with Gran Turismo 3. I remember driving a PT Cruiser and my dad teaching me how to tune it XD

20. asf2424

asf2424
    Expand Collapse

a certain chemical reaction occurred that made me like cars back when i was like 4

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice