Why did you start liking cars?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by TechSupportUS, May 23, 2017.

1. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

Maybe it's because the first theater movie I watched was the original Cars when I was preschool age, which made me want to play the Cars video games, which led me to want to play all sorts of other car games, eventually one of them being BeamNG many years later. Or it could also be that I live in an area full to the brim with fancy cars. I honestly can't remember.

2. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

When i was 6, i used to read a owners manual for a 1982 Pontiac Firebird, it got me interested because i was fascinated by the instructions on how to maintain the vehicle, i also read Wangan Midnight at the time, eventually when i became 10, i went to a junkyard and thanks to my uncle, brought home the engine block of a Yutivo Camaro, i stared at it every single day, all this sparked my interest on nearly every old cars.
    (the engine block of a Yutivo Camaro is a Chevrolet 250 I6)

3. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I think it started around my 3rd or 4th Christmas when my dad unloaded a huge gift bag of Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars on me. Had to have been 50+ cars in there (most of which I still have, though not necessarily in good condition), and he kept on spoiling me in that regard in the ensuing years. He also started introducing me to NASCAR around that time. My first "real" video game was NFS High Stakes on PC at age 5, then Porsche Unleashed after that, then came a PS2 with Hot Pursuit 2 and Gran Turismo 3. So, yeah, I'd say it was mostly my parents that got me into it. Now, many years on, I have a 6-point ticket to show for it, and I'm driving around with a techno mixtape in my stereo and a stopwatch taped to my rear view mirror.

4. Specht77

Specht77
    Expand Collapse

I don't really know why I started liking cars, my father for example thinks that cars are just an expensive way to go from A to B

What I remember is that since I was a kid a liked racing games, played a lot on Rally Championship and then TOCA2 with an old steering wheel that turned in a airplane controller and motorbike controller

When I was ~6 years old, I went to an uncle's house, and my cousin had Viper Racing on his computer, I loved the game, made coin savings and some time later I bought the game using just coins

Played Viper racing for many years, bought Logitech's Formula Force Wheel to race better.

In 2002 while playing on Val's server (http://vnovak.com/) using VRGT chat, someone showed me LFS S1, loved the physics and soft tyres

Some time after LFS S2 launched, and I bought Logitech DFP

In 2005 I started racing on online leagues, I was 13 years old, my first race on the league I finished second place with a blown tyre

I kept racing on LFS and GTR2 until ~2011

Around 2013 I started racing on Assetto Corsa, and I'm there until now

#44 Specht77, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  5. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

My father was a tow truck driver, and the apple don't far from the tree

6. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

Uptown Manhattan is so full of fancy cars that an S Class is considered common. :D

7. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

It's almost like that here

8. bytx

bytx
    Expand Collapse

I always wondered how these work since I was little, the rest is self explainable

9. Stance02

Stance02
    Expand Collapse

2 words: Top Gear

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Captain. Adam

Captain. Adam
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

why, it was put into my cradle

12. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

How bout all 3? I'm 12 and I collect cars too. Your collection goes up to 3,000?!? Mine is only 512 right now. My parents don't let me buy much cause they say it takes up room (mostly my mom my dads a little better). My most expensive car? A 1968 sweet 16 American made hot wheels redline Deora in spectraflame green. Sounds like a lot right? Naw only $35 bucks on eBay cause it's got some scratches.

13. CarsAreLife77

CarsAreLife77
    Expand Collapse

I don't really know where I got the love of cars. To be honest, I guess I was born with it. As far as I can remember, I've liked cars since I had the ability to hold a Hot Wheels toy car. Then, I got my first driving game, which I'm pretty sure was Midnight Club DUB Edition. It basically escalated from there.

14. scottshamblin

scottshamblin
    Expand Collapse

Top Gear was a lot of my drive (no pun intended). Fine, pun intended. And the CT car memes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. rocksim

rocksim
    Expand Collapse

My first word, legit, was caa. (as in car)

16. IvanGF14

IvanGF14
    Expand Collapse

Well, i was born with a steering wheel on my hands, so i dont know :p

17. BaldurIsCool

BaldurIsCool
    Expand Collapse

ive always grown up to LOVE cars and i still do, but then i somehow lost interest slowly and started gaming, when browsing through steam, i found the match in heaven, 3 things i love most, 1.destruction 2.cars 3.games
    so since i first played it, i grew into cars cars again, and now, i sleep in my mothers bed because i filled my own with at least 500 toy cars and garages made out of cardboard. thats my story! also i found out i can color text, and thats really cool

18. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

I had a lot of diecast cars and model cars as a young boi, and I used to play with tomica stuff. it just expanded rapidly from there

19. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

I literally have no idea. But, I've always loved them, and I have loads of old toy cars.

20. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

When I was 8. Burnout 3. End of story.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice