Why do Europeans hate American cars?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by adamj932, Jan 15, 2014.

1. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

people driving slow? what part of the US did you go to? i rarely see anyone actually go the speed limit where i live, they instead go higher (i've seen people go 90 in a 65 zone (this all being in MPH btw)

2. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

That's just fucking insane. WTF

For us KM/H users, that is 144km/h in a 104km zone.

3. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Speed itself doesn't cause accidents. Of course its a big contributor, though.
    And, of the (many) Russian and east European crash compilations I've seen, it's mostly speed coupled with being stupid and careless, which usually go hand in hand. :\
    I'm all about going fast, but you gotta be really careful and alert if you want to do so.
    I don't really know why I'm having this argument. I always take the side that argues for faster speeds.

4. GrandMan

GrandMan
    Expand Collapse

What they do is offer the top models of those cars (BMW, Audi, Mercedes) for prices that are actually pretty low. That is, compared to European prices. In US, you can buy a BMW 335i for the price you have a BMW 320d in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

California.

- - - Updated - - -

Only in Germany. Don't try to drive 200 kmh in France

5. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

man, i have no idea what part of cali you were in, but it's not slow at all in my area

6. GrandMan

GrandMan
    Expand Collapse

No clue what you are taling about ... the top 5 of most desired brands in the world, are all European.

- - - Updated - - -

All across Cali
    And south-west of US, in fact. Nowhere close to LA

7. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

i don't live in LA, i live in a lesser known place (although we do have the biggest Sikh parade in the US)

8. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Jesus christ I'm not going through this again.
    Go an find my posts where I explained my madness.
    And the fact that other people like them has nothing to do with wether I like them or not.

9. GrandMan

GrandMan
    Expand Collapse

Not really. American cars are nice, well some. In Europe, they are not sold because:
    - Most of them consume 2 time more fuel than average consumption. Example, nowadays, the average accepted consumption of fuel is :
    6 liters per 100 km for diesel
    7-8 liters per 100 km for petrol
    As fuel is very expense (2.5 times the price of US fuel), the "nice" cars are by conincedence the ones with big engines. So ... you gotta put LPG (liquid pertolium gas) if you want to drive without throwing money out of the window.
    - US cars are not know for a couple of things, one being the fact interiors have other standards, and suspensions are often way too soft. Plus the fact there are no dealers around here, for any brand other than Ford. And, at a Ford dealer, they don't know what to do with a Ford Mustang, cause nobody drives that here. So, that's a practical reason.

- - - Updated - - -

That's right, it's not because the rest of the world has knowledge, that you would have as well.
    I'm not going to browse the forum, lol.

10. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure what you're talking about honestly.
    I seen more europeans bitch at americans for not driving safe enough than anyone else here.

11. theshark

theshark
    Expand Collapse

i know, i'm from germany ;)
    i was just generalizing.

12. GrandMan

GrandMan
    Expand Collapse

Actually, they don't. Russia is not even Eastern-Europe.
    Dashcams have different popularity, in different countries in Europe. In my country, they are even illegal to be used.

Just to give a clue : ANYTHING is different in different countries in Europe. Apart from the Euro itself (the currency).

13. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Russia is not europe.
    To consider german cars not european is fundamentally wrong. Its not opinion, its pure fact. To say German cars are on their own because they are all good is also fundamentally wrong as they also churn out crap too.
    Dashcams are extremely rare in the UK, we also have far more stringent driving tests (theoretically safer drivers as a result). Russia has looser driving test standards, theoretically worse drivers, dashcams are also popular.

14. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

They're in this thread. If you found the post that you couldn't have been far from them.
    Interpreting that first sentence the best I can (no offense), it looks like you just told me that my taste in cars is wrong, and that you europeans have knowledge that I don't, making you right.
    k
    I honestly don't give a fuck what you think about my taste.
    I'm very shamelessly in love with crown vics.
    cvpi1.JPG

15. GrandMan

GrandMan
    Expand Collapse

He's funny, but typically British.

As much as they are telling British brands are the best, they also break the same brands down when they can. Obviously, not anything, but ...
    Jeremy finds it hard to tell anything good about Germany, but he cannot do diffferenty, since his status would drop to that of a clown, if he would persist.

16. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, the dashcams are a big part of it.
    I bet if we had as many dashcams as russia over here, we'd have a lot of crash videos, too.
    Germany is pumping out pure crap nowadays, but they're still making cars that are visually pleasing. They aren't econoboxes. Well...most of them. That's the biggest thing.

- - - Updated - - -

What
    I never said it was.

17. GrandMan

GrandMan
    Expand Collapse

They're nice, but I've heard suspension is not the best part of that car. But, you're discussing taste, right ? Nice color.

- - - Updated - - -

Levels of quality have decreased, no doubt about that. Seems like these days more Toyotas are being recalled than ever before. If that is not a sign, I don't know.
    Quality of a lot of things made in Europe, is declining, not only cars.

18. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

so toyota is european now? funny i always thought they were japanese

19. GrandMan

GrandMan
    Expand Collapse

Good question, I would say : Fors Mustang GT versus the European killer : BMW M3

20. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I like american cars, but Japanese cars are made better, and are much more reliable. Or at least until recently.
    American cars are more simple, too. That's what really gets me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice