Why do Europeans hate American cars?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by adamj932, Jan 15, 2014.

1. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

importing cars because they were better :p

2. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

We do have sprinters, but they are really rare where I live.

3. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

I see nothing wrong with it. *SUPER SARCASM*
    ford-evos-concept-17.jpg
    WHAI

4. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I see them every once in a while. Most vans are Fords. (I don't think they even sell any without V8s. Murica.)

The new Mustang looks like a Fusion on steroids.

5. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Those are some of the fugliest trucks to ever roll off of a production line. I hate those. Didn't start seeing them till a few years back. After looking closer at the picture, I realize that is a slightly different model. The one I'm talking about has the little thin headlights stuck into the big fiberglass panel on the front. Gah. Hate those things.

6. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

Um... You know that isn't the new Mustang right?

Attached Files:

• 2015-ford-mustang-via-usa-today-leak_100448537_l.jpg
  7. ORIGIN4LFluffy

ORIGIN4LFluffy
    Expand Collapse

The funny thing is, I am the complete opposite. I love Japanese cars more than any other cars.

8. vicnitro

vicnitro
    Expand Collapse

Am I the only one who actually likes the new mustang...

9. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Yes, yes you are.

10. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Don't understand why everyone hates it. I'm not particularly in love with it, but I didn't want to put tabasco in my eyes when I saw it.

11. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

I saw the back of it and the side profile I fell in love with it quite quickly. Like the front end. Aggressive yet classy. New IRS to boot. Can't wait to see if they do a SVO Version. This video helps.

#31 CTJacob, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  12. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

I'd rather have a slammed UPS truck than the 2015 'stang to be honest...

...and yes they exist :D

99979550692911a595dce213c1a39077.jpg

Edit: If I'm actually being honest, they aren't that bad. The headlights really, really turn me off.

13. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

The Fuel Bill from the older cars they drank petrol and they got 2 MPG...thats at a stretch

14. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

That's back before the liberals got ahold of our car industry. Ahh. America.

15. raiderfan

raiderfan
    Expand Collapse

Potato no and older cars would pass anyting but a gas station. (that includes imports ahahaha)

16. cooraagoo

cooraagoo
    Expand Collapse

Maybe Jeremy Clarkson's propaganda makes Europeans think in that way :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

Classic American car's all had pretty shit handling, compared to their European cousins. The American idea at the time, and still today in allot of ways was to throw tons of power at their car's and then leave out important stuff like independent suspension, weight savings, ect. ect. They also do not last very long because of all the cheap flimsy plastic shit. Most American cars are made to look pretty and sound loud, but when it comes to stuff that maters I would chose a Asian or European car over american any day. Not saying all American car's suck, there are definitely some that were done right.

P.S. I am an American btw so no bias here.

18. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I agree that older cars were all real heavy and just weren't exactly precise machines. I'd say today, the cars handle better, but I guess it's still like that in some ways. Up until about the late 70s or 80s, the us industry built great cars, but since then it's just been complete crap.

19. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

I guess it all depends on your definition of great. Once again those cars were indeed fast and strong, but take them out on the track vs a 60's 70's European sports car and they would be left way behind. I have never driven a modern American car, post early 90's, so I can't really say how good they are or are not. Honestly if I was looking for a daily driver car today, I would find one with the best MPG and smallest price and be happy :).

20. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Looking at my name you know where the bias stands. But heavy cars aren't always that bad. For example my father in laws 79 trans am. 400 pontiac big block 350 trans.. Nasty nasty nasty car. Learned this man was the real thing back in the day with racing people. He took me for a ride in this thing on uneven sketchy back roads almost as bad as dry rock island pushing this thing doing 70-80 on a small 1 1/2 lane road hitting corners like a beast. I thought I was gonna die. Next day take my 07 civic sedan through this road. Over 45-50 my rear end was breaking loose. And I am a dare devil behind the wheel. So sometimes heavy can mean a solid planted car. If done right

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice