1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Wild "extrusions" question

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Aboroath, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_00018.png

Nice big black extrusion that literally grew before my eyes. I've noticed on the Grand Marshal these tend to
    form mainly from the back seats in heavy crashes. Is this a jbeam and self collision effect? Do objects have to have some sort
    of "volume" limit?

Scientific and techie explanations welcome. Kinda' fascinating!

EDIT: I have the door, hood and trunk beamdeform and beamstrength values on the hinges and latches up to 200000. I was tired of doors
    flailng open and coming off.

2. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Well, you answered yourself.

3. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Are you saying these extrusions are happening due to my modified settings? I've noticed for several months now the same backseat anomaly with the GM
    and completely untouched, albeit on a much smaller scale. If I did answer myself I guess I was meant to own this piece of software crack.:D

4. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

How often does it happen? I think I've only seen that once in 3 months.

5. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

You will see these artifacts occasionally on every vehicle, usually in very violent or high speed crashes only though. If your car is doing that on its own just sitting there, or driving around normally, then I'd say it's due to the modifications you made. From my understanding the black shapes appear when the physics engine isn't sure what to do, like when smashing into a wall at 400mph, or when a D-15 and a golf cart suddenly becoming one :).

6. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Only does it on heavy insane crashes. You're probably right about the engine scrambling for a solution. I've got so much to learn and so damn little time to do it.

7. Samsuck

Samsuck
    Expand Collapse

I thought it's caused by broken beams, but that's just a guess , I'm also wondering what causes it.

8. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_00002.png

Another extrusion. To be more clear on when this happens, almost always at the end of a crash down the ramp of death. I'll pan the camera around to examine
    the damage and watch as the effect grows in real time. Self collision makes them grow. Can a dev give a technical explanation?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice