1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Will it run?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by simulationdude, Sep 1, 2013.

1. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Everthing everyone else said is true.

It's a low clock AMD APU. Nothing needs to be optimized.

My computer is very similar to yours (AMD A-10 4600M 2.3GHz, Turbo 2.7Ghz, with Radeon 7660G graphics) and on low settings I get 18 - 20 FPS. Quad core doesn't matter if the clock is so low. I hope I've helped.

2. moussa247

moussa247
    Expand Collapse

Someone mad because they can't run a game? Your the one putting the game down just because you can't run it? Your question has been answered numerous times, you fighting back and lying to everyone isn't going to make you get more FPS.

#42 moussa247, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  3. simulationdude

simulationdude
    Expand Collapse

Lying about WHAT? It just seems, the forum members know crap about there own game req.
    Just for you guys i posted the system requirements! :rolleyes:

[h=2]Requirements[/h]

A 64-bit operating system is recommended as BeamNG can use a lot of RAM (1.5-2GB for BeamNG.drive itself). Also, graphical performance scales hugely with resolution. A high end gaming rig might suffer at large resolutions like 2560x1600, which is nearly double the pixels of 1920x1200.

(imported from here)
    [h=2]High End Requirements[/h]

• CPU: recent Quad-core processor with hyper-threading (8 threads) (the more cores, the better) <----- THAT IS A LIE!
    • RAM: 8GB DDR3
    • GPU: GTX 670 or Radeon HD 7950 or better (>1GB Video RAM)
    • Windows 7/8 (32bit or 64bit)

(imported from here)
    [h=2]Moderate Requirements[/h]

• CPU: Dual-core processor with hyper-threading (4 threads)
    • RAM: 4GB DDR3
    • GPU: GTX 560, Radeon HD 7790 or equivalent and above (>1GB Video RAM)

(imported from here)
    [h=2]Minimum Requirements[/h]

• CPU: Dual-core processor
    • RAM: 4GB
    • GPU: Something better than integrated graphics (at least 512MB Video RAM)

(imported from here)
    [h=2]Might run but not supported[/h]

Please note that we cannot guarantee that the game starts and runs at all on this hardware.

• CPU: Single Core
    • RAM: Less than 4GB
    • GPU: integrated graphics cards: old intel laptop onboard cards, etc
    • Windows: below Vista (Works on Windows XP - may not be fully supported)

I'm running Quad-Core 2.8 GHz overclocked 4 threads. AND... it seems the game IS poorly optimized.

4. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Not anymore :D

It should be improved though. People with amd 4 cores getting worse performance than dual core intel, and same with 4 core intel and 8 core amd, this is due to a poor single-threaded performance from AMD.

5. Creak92

Creak92
    Expand Collapse

You're not. If you'd understand what the Turbo core feature is about then you'd know that you a) don't have a overclocked CPU since it's most probably running completely in it's normal specifications and that b) you don't have a 2.8Ghz Quadcore. The APU has a base clock of 1.4Ghz. If only one core has to work and the temperature is low enough one single core might run at clocks of up to 2.3Ghz while if you use all cores the core clock stays at 1.4Ghz. You could have 16 1.4Ghz cores, each on it's own is too slow to do its job so you encounter low fps.

Also it's not really a game, it's more of a very CPU intensive vehicle simulator. You lack CPU power, you get bad performance, it's as easy as that.
    Other things that you've mentioned like performance/watt, the CPU being performance rated at 3.5Ghz or trying to tell us that APUs are the ultimate gaming machine because "accelerated" is part of their name won't help as well, the only effect is that we know that you don't have that much knowledge about computers.

While AMD APUs are often a better deal for gaming than low price intel Laptops (the AMD graphics are better but the CPU is far less powerful than their intel counterpart) this isn't exactly true for BeamNG since Drive requires a very powerful CPU.

#45 Creak92, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  6. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Not to mention that laptop CPUs are, (and this being an absolute fact) far slower than their desktop counterparts. A 2.8GHz desktop quadcore is going to be WAY faster than a mobile 2.8GHz quadcore. This is because the laptop CPU has to be able to run cooler with being in a small case, and has to draw less power with trying to be good on battery life.

No matter how you go about it, simulationdude, BeamNG is optimised enough. It's your processor that needs to be better.

7. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Off-topic: We should have some sort of benchmark to establish some realistic requirements.

8. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

well, then lets compare your cpu, to one you think it should easily beat:

cpu.png

well look at that, your wrong, just as we said, even a laptop I3 can beat your cpu, now lets compare your gpu to the gtx 670, scince you seem to think you should be able to run at max settings:

gpu.png

and once again, were right, your wrong, the gtx 670 is 92% better then your gpu, is there any other gpu's or cpu's i should compare yours to? or are you going to completley ignore the proof that your wrong, that weve given you all over this thread

9. moussa247

moussa247
    Expand Collapse

You have integrated graphics therefore you don't meet the minimum systems requirement. Also the 6520G has no dedicated graphics memory either. "Something better than integrated graphics (at least 512MB Video RAM)"

10. simulationdude

simulationdude
    Expand Collapse

My processor IS 2.8 GHz. I overclocked it, i've said that a million times. How on earth does this game require a powerful CPU? It's just poorly optimized, forget it. I have a buddy of mine with a intel core i7 3770 that lags with this.

- - - Updated - - -

If i were to compare my parts with anything it would be:
    GPU:
    nVIDIA GTX 635
    ATI Radeon HD 4830

CPU:
    AMD Athlon 64 FX- 72
    Intel Core2 Duo P9700 @ 2.80GHz
    Intel Core i7 610 @ 2.53GHz

11. deject3d

deject3d
    Expand Collapse

10/10 brilliant, op

12. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

Dude I have a 2.8ghz dual core which should be able to run the game fine right? no, it's 8 years old and slow. Me coming on the forum and complaining won't make my game run faster or my computer faster. If you have too low of fps take some parts off your car.

edit: I don't know why your i7 buddy has low fps but i'd bet that he has every post fx preset on 1080p res and a mid range gpu

13. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

you want me to compare, fine, here i go:

CPU:
    seriously? the intel core 2 duo and i7 you listed, arent even available to buy anymore, ANYWHERE, as in, they are EXTREMLEY old cpu's, honestly though, even my old pc's cpu is more powerfull then yours(find some cpu's that actually are from the same timeline as your's, and ill compare those):
    lol5.png

GPU:
    lol4.png
    beats your gpu by a trillion fold

14. simulationdude

simulationdude
    Expand Collapse

The site you shown must be a lie. I checked the benchmarks and my CPU is about 200 points hire in both all CPU and GPU

15. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

You should try it yourself then. That website is quite in-depth and fairly likely to be correct in most cases. http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/ Just pick a gpu or cpu, scroll down to the bottom of the specifications, and pack another gpu/cpu to compare it to. It will then give you detailed specs telling you exactly why it got that percentage.
    I will say that, regardless of any of the antagonistic happenings in the thread, there are very clearly some optimization issues with BeamNG and some hardware. I would also say that it's an alpha, and this should be expected, though it's still quite frustrating when you get a game as amazing as this and you can only half experience it because of some choice you made long ago in computer hardware with no way to know that it wouldn't be able to run this. Also, for some benchmark purposes:
    http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/inde...0-iceq-x-turbo-2gb-edition-vs-geforce-8800-gt
    http://www.game-debate.com/cpu/index.php?pid=793&pid2=12&compare=fx-4100-vs-core-2-duo-e6850-3-0ghz

That is my current gaming hardware (AMD) vs my dad's old gaming computer (Intel/Nvidia). On one hand, he got his Intel CPU for over $300 dollars at the time. On the other, both the Nvidia and Intel components are over half a decade old now. Flying in the face of that logic, my dad's computer runs the game better, without a single lag spike driving through forested areas. And this is on default clocking. If he puts his water-cooled system at a moderate overclock (CPU up to 3.4 GHz is the only bit I remember), It can handle fairly high settings at a steady 60 FPS. I'm afraid of how much better it'd run than my computer if he ever took it back to its max stable overclock.

16. Creak92

Creak92
    Expand Collapse

These comparison pages are mostly useless. Tell your friend to get a proper graphics card, of course a i7 on its own or together with a weak graphics card will have low FPS. You should really stop telling us over and over again that this game is poorly optimized since you obviously don't know "How on earth does this game require a powerful CPU". If you'd understand how this simulator is works and what kind of calculations have to be made to simulate the vehicles you'd know you need a powerful CPU.
    Also I still don't believe you your OC story. Yes, altering the different Pstates is possible. But if you have a look at the original configuration (Base clock: 1.4Ghz. If only one core out of four has to work you get 2.3Ghz, if two cores are used the clock is lowered to 1.7Ghz and if more than two cores are used or the graphics chip of the APU is used the clock is back at 1.4Ghz) your 2.8Ghz sound highly unlikely. These limitation are caused by the strict TDP limit of 35W, the cooling system is designed in a way that it can cool up to 35W. If you, like you still claim, force the CPU to run at 2.8Ghz even if all four cores plus the graphics chip are busy you would have a 100% clock increase and probably more than twice as much heat.
    Have you build a completely new custom cooling system for your laptop? If not don't tell us the Laptop is running at a stable 2.8Ghz at 100% load. If the OC is not stable and the APU overheats remove the OC and the game will most probably run better than before.
    Some OC for sure is possible but too because of the non-replaceable cooler you quickly run into a thermal limit which is far lower than 2.8Ghz.

17. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

no, its not, you just refuse to belive that your pc is crap, because it IS, and it has been proven multiple times, you dont want to belive us? fine, then your nto getting any help from us, as weve told you, that your pc isnt powerfull enough to run it, PERIOD!!!

18. NINJAHOBNOB

NINJAHOBNOB
    Expand Collapse

I'm assuming you're one of them people that asks for help then refuses to listen to the help because according to you, you were right in the first place. I do hope I never have to work with/for someone like you. Your computer is not up to scratch and there is nothing you can do about it apart from upgrade, so upgrade or go away.

19. FreshTutz

FreshTutz
    Expand Collapse

DUDE STOP ops are right i have intel pentium 4 at 3.4ghz and geforce 8400gs and it runs on 30fps god damnit stop arguing about frikin fps

20. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

its not poorly optomized, your pc is utter shit, overclocking wont help ANYTHING, this game requires a VERY powerfull cpu, yours is the oposite, and as for your buddy, what gpu does he have then? because an integreated gpu (which is what YOURS is btw) wont run shit medium settings, let alone high settings, i barley get around 25 fps with an intel hd 2500 integreated gpu, while i have a more then powerfull enough cpu to run this, so gpu ALSO, matter's, and also

I GUARENTEE, that if you were to go to ANY, tech forum anywhere, they would say the EXACT same thing, that your pc isnt even CLOSE to powerfull enough to do what you want it to do, AND, the benchmark site you used, is shit, as i looked up your cpu benchmark (on MANY, diffrent benchmark sites, including notebookbenchmark's) and the cpu's i testesd yours against, well, as i said, ARE more powerfull then your's, i also looked up the gpu on all the same sites, and once again, the gpu's i tested yours against, all easily beat yours :/ so stop denying that your pc is shit, because no matter what website you go to, if anyone there knows ANYTHING about pc's, theyll all agree, here, even have some links to forums:

AAndTech: http://forums.anandtech.com/

Toms Hardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/

even the mcforums would be a good for this: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum/208-hardware-discussion-support/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice