1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Will it run?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by simulationdude, Sep 1, 2013.

1. DevKryton

DevKryton
    Expand Collapse

I don't know why there is so much to discus? Your pc sucks, get over it. And beamng is not badly codded, I can run it on my desktop wich has hardware worth 500€ now at highest res. in 1920x1080 at 25 to 50fps.

2. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

I have an old server with dual pentium 3 1ghz and a 32mb pci graphics card and it won't run I want my money back.

btw this thread was dead why the gravedig?

3. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I got a water cooling kit for my CPU for cheap from Best Buy. My CPU (AMD A8-3850 quad core 2.9GHz) bottlenecks my GPU (GTX 650TI) by 15 FPS or so. On the old heatsink I ran it at 3.6GHz. Since I have this awesome new cooler I decided to overclock it a bit more. I got it up to 5.4GHz. SERIOUS. I can barely believe it runs at this speed with no stability problems and 1.36 volts.

4. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

at full load?? that's insane

5. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I know :D

AMD Overdrive won't let me overclock any more so if anyone could recommend a good CPU overclocking program that would be great. (My dream is to double the stock speed which would be 5.8GHz)

6. simulationdude

simulationdude
    Expand Collapse

really? My computer was $800
    And here are my specs, took a look at cpuboss:

AMD A6 3400M @ 2.8 GHz turbo 3.7 GHz
    AMD Radeon HD 6520G 1 GB dedicated vram #fusion series
    6 gb ram

Talked about it with people who have the game on another forum. Game is poorly optimized. Stop, you know what, i really don't care about your 4th gen i7's because what it all falls down to is hell.
    AMD FX 4170 only gets 40 fps.
    Averagegamingpc<mine

Your average gaming pc would include:
    2nd gen i5
    Intergrated intel or close
    4 gigs of ram

So you can stop. The game is in alpha and you should expect bugs, this didn't mean everyone had to go full retard and act like a bitch

7. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

You really expect to run this game on high fps with an APU, that's a joke. My FX-4300 gets around 35-50 fps, with only one car. I don't expect anymore than that with a FX-4300. It's just not a powerful CPU. The game isn't poorly optimized. Sure it can be optimized better, but it's far from poorly optimized. And your complaining about 40fps? Thats bullshit, stop complaining. They are plenty of people on the forums who get 15-20 fps and they aren't complaining. This game is extremely CPU intensive. Just because you can get 60+ fps in a game such as Call of Duty that runs mostly on GPU power, doesn't mean you will run at 60+ fps on an extremely intense physics engine.

And isn't the A6 3400M a notebook processor? Running this game on anything short of a quality gaming laptop is a joke. Running this game on any laptop is a joke in the first place.

P.S. The only one acting like a bitch is you. So pull your panties out of your ass and move on.

#67 n0ah1897, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  8. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

Wow you paid $800 for that? I got a
    2.4ghz Quad-Core i7-4700MQ
    NVIDIA GeForce GT750M GDDR5 2GB
    8GB Ram
    1TB hard-drive...
    I can run the game pretty seamlessly...
    Lenovo ftw.

9. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

My brother got a 700 dollar aluminam slim samsung laptop for $700 with an i7 too. No dedicated graphics but it's probably still better than the apu's gpu. Op here probably could have gotten a similar spec laptop for cheaper and had like 400 left over to make something usefull with. oh well.

I'd love a link to the product page for this laptop btw. It seems like a magical processor is inside of it that can render every game at highest setting and go from 1.4ghz to 2.8ghz to 3.7ghz depending on op's mood. That's neato.

10. NINJAHOBNOB

NINJAHOBNOB
    Expand Collapse

I'm not one to call people names, but you absolutely deserve it. You're a moron.

Please lock this thread.

11. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

BULL-SHIT, your full of bullshit, your computer is shit, shit shit, and shit, and crap, and more crap, and its a laptop, and if you payed $800 for that, then you chose a horrible company, i get 25 fps on my 3rd gen i5 and an integreated intel gpu, and i only payed $300 (Lenovo FTW :D) your the fucking retard, YOUR, COMPUTER, SUCKS!!!!!!, PERIOD,

(Sorry to admins and moderators, i just cant stop myself anymore, this person is a fucking idiot, and an asshole)

12. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

A6-3400M: The processor core is clocked at 1.4 GHz base clock speed and is able to automatically overclock up to 2.3 GHz (TurboCore, depending on temperature and used cores).

Stop saying bullshit like your CPU runs at 2.8Ghz and then jumps magically to 3.7Ghz :confused:

Averagegamingpc<mine
    That's a really good joke :p I will show you a real comparison:

yourlaptop<microwave<fridge<Lowendpc<Averagegamingpc<Highendpc

AND, your GPU is a bad intergrated chip with NO dedicated vram, don't lie saying it has 1gb dedicated vram because that's just another lie, like any post from you.

13. Dennis-W

Dennis-W
    Expand Collapse

I swear my banana can achieve higher benchmark scores than his laptop as well.

14. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

haz some benchmarks

benchmarks.png

- - - Updated - - -

and MY, benchmarks (crashed when it got to the stargate thing, lol, integreated graphics, also, im using the latest offical intel driver's, not sure why it says that my driver's are unaproved or whatever:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/1272414?

also, i get 25 fps in BeamNG Drive, even then, only because of my cpu, once i get my dedicated card, ill get much better fps at max settings :/

#74 logoster, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  15. WiseWoodrow

WiseWoodrow
    Expand Collapse

I lol'd at op, can't stop laughing now

16. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

lol, also though, hmmm, ive never seen you before, new register/user? or just never posted?

17. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Considering its September and he has been a user since August, he's not like just created new.

18. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

My computer's components cost roughly $400 or 500 all in. (I only spent about $240 on it as I got some parts free or cheap plus motherboard/CPU were christmas present (Yes this includes monitor and keyboard and stuff))
    I get pretty decent FPS in drive. (70 on high settings full screen on grid map)
    Plus my CPU is overclocked to 5.4GHz.

Not trying to rub it in, I had a crappy P4 with Geforce 7600GS up to last year.

19. DevKryton

DevKryton
    Expand Collapse

5,4 Ghz? That seems a little bit to much... even with High-end watercooling it's diffcult to keep a cpu in a none-dangerous temperature zone at over 4.5ghz.

And if it took you only 200€ to build your pc, than I don't think you spended 100-150€ on a good watercooling system?:confused:

20. Athlon

Athlon
    Expand Collapse

I signed up just to correct all the fallacies and misinformation in this thread. Now it is my belief that the OP is a troll, but almost everyone in this thread has shown some degree of computer illiteracy and I feel I must correct this. I know I don't need to but it bothers me when people are so wrong and continue to walk in ignorance.

So...
    1. GHz means nothing at all, in any way shape or form, in computers. The GHz tells you how many clock cycles the CPU does in a second. Which means nothing. That doesn't tell you how many instructions the CPU can perform, just how many times the clock does a cycle. Which is useless. A Haswell Intel Core series executes roughly two instructions per hertz. Roughly and this doesn't mean much.
    2. Cores don't matter as long as program isn't programmed to make use of them. Having 8 cores doesn't mean a thing if the program can only use 2. But having less cores that are more powerful isn't necessarily better than having a lot of slow cores. It depends entirely on what you are trying to do, physics simulations and such generally are easier to program to use make use of more cores. Whereas other things such as AI are more efficiently done using a single core (atleast I don't know of any algorithms that efficiently make use of multiple cores).
    3. An AMD A6 is a very capable APU, it's built in GPU is better than that of Intel HD 4000 by a decent margin and is quite capable of maxing games like Team Fortress 2 and Portal, perhaps even some of the newer Call of Duties. Still, it's a far cry from dedicated graphics and it's quite lacking in CPU power.
    4. This is aimed specifically at Cwazywazy, but it is quite impossible to overclock a CPU to 5.4 GHz without use of Liquid Nitrogen cooling or Dry Ice cooling which is quite of the realm of possibility of normal use. Please verify this overclock with CPU-Z. You may have just broken a record for water cooling overclocking. Also water cooling is a terrible idea unless using a completely custom loop (which can easily cost $140-$150 for a low end loop) because cheap all-in-one water coolers (sometimes called Closed Loop Coolers) are absolutely terrible for the price you pay, you could easily get an Air cooler which performs the same for cheaper. Though sometimes CLC's can be useful in crapped cases. Also CLC's are leak prone, so keep an eye on it at all times.
    5. There is no 5

Overall, asking an A6 processor to max any game passed 2010 is a bit much to ask, but it's quite a capable processor for the price. Though paying $800 for it is a massive ripoff. For $800 a Lenovo Y410p would be a much better option.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice