1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Will it run?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by simulationdude, Sep 1, 2013.

1. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

youve obviously never used a soft-body physics game such as beamng drive or rigs of rods, in which, cores and ghz actually do have quite an impact on performance

2. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

I totally agree, but most people were talking in terms of BeamNG. Sure all of those things are true in general, but most people based what they said on how his computer will run BeamNG. While an A6 is a capable CPU, it's far from capable enough to handle BeamNG. I was curious how Cwazywazy overclocked to 5.4GHz as well. :p

3. Athlon

Athlon
    Expand Collapse

As I said, cores only matter when a certain program is programmed to make use of aforesaid cores. Most games can utilize atleast 2 cores, higher end games can use 4-6. Physics sims like BeamNG drive and rigs of rods can use up to 8 max (I don't know exactly, but 8 max because no consumer grade CPU's exist that have more than 8 cores).

GHz doesn't matter as I said. A 4.0 Ghz AMD FX 8350 will perform worse than an Intel Core i5 3.5 GHz in 90% of games. The only games it will perform better in are the ones that make use of all 8 of it's cores. This is because as I said, GHz only tells how many times the clock cycles in a CPU. Not how many instructions are performed each cycle.

I guess.

But I have one question of you, why did you get a Vapor-X 7770? The reference cooler is more than enough to cool a 7770. Are you overclocking?

4. NINJAHOBNOB

NINJAHOBNOB
    Expand Collapse

Not really. You can get an old quad core at 3 GHz and a new quad core at 3 GHz and the performance difference is absurd. They obviously matter, just not as much as people think. People just compare COARS and GIGHERT and say "mine is better than yours" because, although it means basically nothing, the number might be a bit larger.

5. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

GHz doesn't have that large of an effect. Sure a i5-3570k at 3.4GHz isn't going to perform as well as i5-3570k overclocked to 4.3GHz, but an I7-3770k at 3.4GHz is going to perform way beyond a FX-4300 overclocked to 5.5GHz. (Those were just random clock speeds thrown out there btw.)

6. deject3d

deject3d
    Expand Collapse

nobody here understands the difference between ghz and ipc lol.

7. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Spent $40 an a CPU watercooler I found on clearance at Best Buy.

(imported from here)

(Sorry for picture, using Apple keyboard which doesn't have printscreen button)

(imported from here)

8. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

9. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I don't actually know since all temp monitors always give cold temps for the cpu. I do know that it told me my idle was about 30f on the stock cooler at 3.6ghz and about 10f now. On the old cooler it was about 110 under load and now its about 80. The temp in the bios is correct though.. (Says about 85f)

10. Athlon

Athlon
    Expand Collapse

I do believe you mean Celsius, because quite simply, there is no possible way to get a CPU under around 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Even with water cooling (unless of course you have sub freezing ambient temperatures, in which case the water would freeze inside the water cooling unit).

Anyways please use Celsius when giving temps, it's used in more places in the world and it's the accepted standard.

11. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

also, another suggestion, for the cpu-z part, in the bottom right corner, there should be a validate button, run through all that, it should give you a link, that link will prove that it is in fact true (some people wont believe you unless you use that form of validation)

for example, if i run mine through the validator: http://valid.canardpc.com/ej1w7v

#91 logoster, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  12. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Oh sorry, I missed this question. It was on sale for 10 bucks less than the regular and my case is small with horrible airflow :)

13. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Remembered to do it just now:

http://valid.canardpc.com/gep6my

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice