1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Will there be working car radios implemented into BeamNG?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by LachlanRGaming, Apr 14, 2013.

1. LachlanRGaming

LachlanRGaming
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys,

Just a little bit curious about working radios in the vehicles and if there are working radios, will there be a program to put your own music in.

Thank you everyone,

Sincerely: LACHLANMAN :)

2. Lawrs91

Lawrs91
    Expand Collapse

This has been asked about before and answered by a developer.

This is pretty much his answer to the last guy who asked:

Yes, it's called an external music player such as Winamp, Windows media player, ect

No, there's not gonna be an in-game "radio"

Use the search function next time, it's in the top right corner.

3. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

It's a PC game, why would we need that feature?

4. LachlanRGaming

LachlanRGaming
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Lawrs91, and most games do have car radios, a simple example is GTA.

5. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Yep, and I never use it. I find it faster to minimize the game for a second and start a new song or just create a playlist.

6. Lawrs91

Lawrs91
    Expand Collapse

I'm on Windows 8 so I use the metro music player as a "sidebar" on my left screen with my entire music library playing on random.

7. sirnamemr

sirnamemr
    Expand Collapse

Yeah and the developers of that game have houdreds of people working on making multiple fake radio stations, writing hours of original content for each one and they also have the resources to pay for expnsive voice actors and celeberties to record it all. On top of that purchasing the rights to popluar songs for the game to played over the car radio would cost a small fortune.

The development team on Beam consists of 4 people and you want them to spend time on making working radio's for the cars... seriously?

8. Rocking_Star

Rocking_Star
    Expand Collapse

I agree.
    Best they can do is implement a small system so you play your own songs on the radio.
    But don't expect it to be GTA:IV's 'Independence Radio', with DJ's & Advertisements. (Although that would be nice).

Anyway, this is post-release discussion.

9. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

I can't alt-tab out of most games, but I usually start Pandora fresh everytime I go into a game, that way it doesn't go into the 'are you still listening' thing mid game. ;)

10. thepeca

thepeca
    Expand Collapse

lol, i can see that a lot of people expect this game to be the new GTA :D Why the heck you would need a working radio station i a sim game? :D I mean WHY? :D Thats the most absurd thing to ask about a sim game.. i mean its not an open world radio signal/radio station simulator :D It could have been that, but then the lovely cars, and physics would be useless.

The MAIN/CORE stuff of the game are a bit more important, than to have an integrated music player with (lets face it) semi-decent mp3s playing along the crashes... You can use winamp anytime you are in the mood, to play Meshuggah and crash a bit :) just sayin'...

#10 thepeca, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  11. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

Oh I don't know, maybe because it's a Sim? Most cars have a Radio, a lot of people use them. That's why. Even if it's a simple 'connect to a stream' system then it's good. If its not in there, it's not a problem. No need to bash people who ask for it.

12. thepeca

thepeca
    Expand Collapse

No, im trying here not to bash anyone, or worse, insulting anyone, its just my opinion. Radio streaming is sometimes pretty choppy (depending on your connection, and the bandwith the radio uses), and online radio stations appear and disappear every day.. not to mention its dependent to the internet. Im not saying an implemented mp3 player would not be awesome (maybe eaven with winamp playlist support), but thats something i can live without. Personally ofcourse. Nevermind though, there many pros and cons why should it be, and why it shouldnt be implemented. But im not a dev, not eaven anyone special, so my thoughts are just my 2cents to the topic :) peace

13. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

It's not like the streams would be mandatory ;). Take a look at Euro Truck Simulator 2. They have both an MP3 and a stream. All is optional ;). Either or, it's okay with or without in my books.

14. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

why don't you guys just open a playlist with vlc in the back ground

15. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Why don't you guys stop bumping the thread. The answer was "no, just get a music player in the background" (It's in some other thread)

16. Dan1035

Dan1035
    Expand Collapse

Sorry Kamil but I have to make a statement. Doesn't Gabester make his own music for the R.o.R & BeamNG videos when presenting his new mods. What if it was possible that he was able to play the music in the background while players where playing. Once again sorry for "bumping".

17. Pyroxyde

Pyroxyde
    Expand Collapse

It would be cool if it is possible to make a lua script which add this dynamic radio system (also, depending of the car's movements, the sound can be dynamically modified with some noise and spark sounds). :D

18. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

You didn't bump it, and that is a fair point. But the point is, a GTA-like radio actually costs a fortune to make, and it wouldn't be as good, so the final say was just use a music player to play music. There might be a music player, but not a GTA-like radio.

19. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

It's a waste of time spending hours and hours on a feature that it's already available. Alt+Tab, select song, Alt+Tab. Total time spent: 5 seconds.

20. Rocking_Star

Rocking_Star
    Expand Collapse

hahaha, best to-the-point response in the whole thread :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice