will this game accept amd fx?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by lyndon123, Mar 27, 2017.

1. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

My point is turning down the dynamic reflections to something reasonable will get you much better frame rates, with max settings and dynamic reflections on max I get a solid 60fps but if i max out the reflections it kills it down to 30fps just like yours, it will do this with basically any GPU, I know someone who tested it on a 980ti and got similar results a while ago.

On my normal max settings:

Settings I use normally:

With no changes other than maxing the reflections it drops to around 30fps and has barely any visual difference at all:

Its like this regardless of the map with the minimums going up a little on more basic maps, absolutely no reason to run the game with reflections that high.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I agree with that, East Coast Usa is quite GPU heavy from all the maps, it is also very heavy with dynamic reflections, but for example Desert Highway is different story, you can set dynamic reflections to max, I think it was Nevada where I could have dynamic reflections at max too (720p I think it was there though).

With D15, I get barely 60, mostly 58-59fps on highway spawn of East Coast USA with these settings and 1080p
    upload_2017-3-28_18-16-30.png

Problem being, if I put out tire smoke or drive around to some other spot on map that is harder on GPU, FPS drops below 60 which means vsync drops to 30Hz and driving becomes very poor compared to vsynced to 60Hz.

It is not going to work, settings have to be reduced, also if running more complex vehicles it is going to be again too much, so even without dynamic reflections 1050 Ti is not going to run high settings at 1080p @ 60fps.

It can get close, at times it can, but graphics settings usually should be set so that lowest FPS is at least your target FPS, in order to have smooth gaming experience.

Shaders and mesh detail (maybe light detail too depending from map) to normal, SSAO and dynamic reflections off and then I'm starting to belive 1050Ti running 1080p @ 60fps, but not max settings, that I will not believe.

For the money, I would say 1050Ti is great card and surely it can be used to play at 1080p with reduced settings, but with 720p it is set and forget, no need to adjust settings and can have high graphics setting on. Except two maps I think, which might need GTX 1080 to run anyways :p

So understanding how different maps and different places on map cause different level and kind of workload is crucial in order to understand how to set graphics details and what parts to invest in order to get best gains in BeamNG.

While I agree that dynamic reflections are heavy, I don't agree they automatically tank any GPU, that is generalization that does not really work when scale of variety is so wide as in BeamNG. I posted pic with over 90fps when having dynamic reflections maxed out, so while effect is heavy, it is not automatically a killer, at East Coast it is though.

That is also why I'm thinking some kind of standard testing and map performance rating, saying chicken lays brown eggs is not really telling whole picture.
    --- Post updated ---
    For 1080p and 1050 Ti, these are settings for East Coast Usa that will keep pretty much all time 60fps when running without lights and single vehicle, I got 64fps at minimum, without overclocking.

First selecting Normal graphics detail level, then Custom and setting options like so, different card brands and CPU's might affect performance a bit:
    upload_2017-3-28_19-1-5.png

For JRI would have to drop Lighting Quality to Normal to avoid dropping below 60FPS, where as for Small Island settings would be same as for East Coast, I could enable SSAO too except for the one corner where it would drop 58FPS (rest of loop running 80FPS). Mod maps have lot more variation then, so settings might be wildly different for some of those. For me this does not look maxed out, no matter how much focus is drawn to dynamic reflections.

• Like Like x 1
  3. spavatch

spavatch
    Expand Collapse

You caught my attention with this thread so that I wanted to check how my rig stacks up against yours. That's not gone well... :p

Attached Files:

• upload_2017-3-29_4-4-10.png
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice