1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Windows 10 Has Broken BeamNG [FIXED]

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by MichaelwithaAsus, Aug 3, 2015.

1. MichaelwithaAsus

MichaelwithaAsus
    Expand Collapse

I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday and I am now getting 1 fps in BeamNG, although the main menu is still at 60fps. I thought because of when the 4.1.0 update was released it would support it. So for now I can't play until the game is fixed, but since the devs for this game are awesome I am sure I won't have to wait long.

Here are my specs for reference:
    i5 4670k with Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Cooler
    Asus GTX 760
    Asus Z87 Pro Motherboard
    Corsair CX 600 PS
    8GB Ram
    750GB Seagate 7200RPM HDD

#1 MichaelwithaAsus, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  2. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

Re: Windows 10 Has Broken BeamNG

There's something wrong with you're PC.
    Mine has Windows 10 and lower specs, but gets 60+ FPS on gridmap.
    Are you sure your PC and/or your room isn't/aren't melting?

3. MichaelwithaAsus

MichaelwithaAsus
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty sure my room is fine as I was getting 60+FPS on gridmap before I upgraded too. One thing that may be causing it is I did download Windows 10 before I got the Notification because I was just wanted 8.1 out of my life lol.

4. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

That can't be causing it either since I did that aswell.
    Do you have a built in GPU? Check if BeamNG isn't using that, it might've messed up.

5. Swanky_Pants

Swanky_Pants
    Expand Collapse

reinstall drivers

6. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

GTX 670... that isn't a build in GPU unless he was running a GTX670M on a laptop... /= Even than it isn't Intel HD graphics still a dedicated GPU.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed.

7. zakkeg

zakkeg
    Expand Collapse

Windows 10 auto updates drivers and Nvidia's GPU drivers that it updates to are beta and don't work. Nvidia graphics cards are not functional in Windows 10 yet.

8. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

How can I use an Nvidia GTX 750 in Windows 10 then?

9. MichaelwithaAsus

MichaelwithaAsus
    Expand Collapse

I have a desktop GTX 760

- - - Updated - - -

I updated to the latest Nvidia driver a few days before upgrading to windows 10 to be sure my computer would be ready and in the driver notes in the Nvidia app it said nothing of the driver being a beta it actually it was a driver specifially for windows 10 and quote, "Nvidia has been working closely with Microsoft and Windows 10. Although, I could always be wrong. Thanks for the feedback!

10. Eastham

Eastham
    Expand Collapse

I had this same problem in BeamNG as well as other games with my GTX 760 the problem resolved itself after restarting.

11. jackh4x

jackh4x
    Expand Collapse

So in conclusion, I have the same specs as OP except my gpu is the EVGA SC variant and a different HDD. Therefore I'm wondering if it's safe to upgrade. I haven't received the notification to upgrade to windows 10. I built this computer and installed a legitimate copy of windows 8.1. Has anyone else had this problem?

12. zakkeg

zakkeg
    Expand Collapse

The stable drivers are good but Microsoft's auto-update feature grabs the latest driver which is a beta driver. I reverted back from Windows 10 after trying many different solutions people found online without success.
    Read more on the issue here http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/07/28/windows_10_update_nvidia_driver_conflict/.

I have found no working solution yet, I am going to wait a few weeks before going to Windows 10 to avoid any bugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Any graphics card with an Nvidia graphics processor in it is affected from what I have found. I also built my computer and am using a legitimate copy of windows 8.1 and was affected by the issue. SuperClocked (SC) cards should also be affected. After upgrading through the notification you are given 30 days to revert back. You can just try and, if you are affected, revert back like I did.

-Edit-
    I found a possible solution over at Linus Tech Tips Forums, here's the link! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic...-fix-for-windows-10-auto-install-bad-drivers/ Let us know if it works.

13. MichaelwithaAsus

MichaelwithaAsus
    Expand Collapse

I believe I've fixed the issue for this game at least

I went into my bios and tweaked some things that windows 10 changed for some reason and also reinstalled the game and it seems to have solved the issue for this game. Although still having bad frame drops in games such as Far Cry 4 :/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice