WIP WIP - NEW MAP - St Joseph, MN

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by brtchida, Jun 20, 2026.

  1. Jer

    Jer
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2020
    Messages:
    1,437
    This is incredible dude. like legit the perfect map. this has even inspired me to make a map of my own that ive been working on for a week now
     
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Schuf

    Schuf
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2024
    Messages:
    18
    This is a great map. Is there anything new?
     
  3. brtchida

    brtchida
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2016
    Messages:
    22
    No major updates, as I work 50-60 hrs a week. Slowly been working on detailing some of the roughed in areas and working on curbing and more residential areas.
    --- Post updated ---
     

    Attached Files:

    • screenshot_2026-07-10_18-56-15.png
    • screenshot_2026-07-10_18-57-10.png
    • screenshot_2026-07-10_18-57-23.png
    • screenshot_2026-07-10_18-57-39.png
    • screenshot_2026-07-10_18-57-47.png
    • screenshot_2026-07-10_18-58-04.png
    • screenshot_2026-07-10_18-55-11.png
    • screenshot_2026-07-10_18-55-43.png
    • screenshot_2026-07-10_18-59-10.png
    • screenshot_2026-07-10_18-59-19.png
    • Like Like x 6
  4. Dekoder

    Dekoder
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2021
    Messages:
    35
    The map looks sweet! As a person who loves details everywhere, you did an amazing job with those haha
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. brtchida

    brtchida
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2016
    Messages:
    22
    The current status of things... thanks 0.39 :p Anyone have any idea to fix all my grass and trees???
     

    Attached Files:

    • screenshot_2026-08-01_22-29-57.png
    • screenshot_2026-08-01_22-34-53.png
    • screenshot_2026-08-01_22-35-17.png
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Schuf

    Schuf
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2024
    Messages:
    18
    Try replacing the textures with the new vanilla textures
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. brtchida

    brtchida
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2016
    Messages:
    22
    Edit: post removed
     
    #27 brtchida, Aug 7, 2026
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2026
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Yezo

    Yezo
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2026
    Messages:
    3
    I hope you’ll be able to fix the issues with the map, I’d recommend asking The help of BeamNG devs and map creators.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  9. brtchida

    brtchida
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2016
    Messages:
    22
    PROGRESS
    Welllll I have the trees all fixed and most of the buildings figured out. Still can't seem to get the grass working again. Would the grass textures be under the "terrains" folder or art/groundcover ??? I've dug through vanilla maps and as far as I can tell I have everything right, but obviously I'm missing something.
     

    Attached Files:

    • screenshot_2026-08-09_09-09-30.png
    • screenshot_2026-08-09_09-10-56.png
    • Like Like x 4
  10. frks3864

    frks3864
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2023
    Messages:
    253
    i think i found the grass textures in here: BeamNG.drive>content>assets>materials>foliage.zip>assets>materials>foliage>grass (it also has a groundcover and bushes folder too)
    i think these are the ones you need? idk, but im hoping so:)
     
    #30 frks3864, Aug 9, 2026
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2026
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. brtchida

    brtchida
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2016
    Messages:
    22
    Grass is the last thing that needs to be fixed at this point. Any ideas where to look for a main.materials to check that each terrain type has the associated grass with it? or how the structure of the grass changed.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  12. brtchida

    brtchida
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2016
    Messages:
    22
    WE HAVE GRASS
    --- Post updated ---
    We are 95% back after the 0.39 update! After about 15 hours of coding and reorganizing file structures and reading main.materials files and trying to make sense of the new file structures, all the grass and trees are working! I will be compiling what I have to share publicly on here sooooon. Thanks to anyone who tried to help :)
     

    Attached Files:

    • screenshot_2026-08-09_22-40-21.png
    • screenshot_2026-08-09_22-41-13.png
    • screenshot_2026-08-09_22-41-36.png
    • screenshot_2026-08-09_22-39-57.png
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. frks3864

    frks3864
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2023
    Messages:
    253
    i can wait to see the finished product;)
     
    • Like Like x 1
  14. brtchida

    brtchida
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2016
    Messages:
    22
    UPDATE: Still dealing with some gremlins from the .39 update, but I'm currently working on filling out more and more of the residential areas. Roughing in houses, garages, driveways, tree, and some landscaping. Still need to go back in and detail and add more props n things. Thinking of releasing soon, but I know last time I tried combining my edits with the actual mod files it failed to launch... not sure if anyone knows of a good writeup on that??
     

    Attached Files:

    • screenshot_2026-08-22_07-57-36.png
    • screenshot_2026-08-22_07-59-34.png
    • screenshot_2026-08-22_07-59-12.png
    • screenshot_2026-08-22_07-58-35.png
    • screenshot_2026-08-22_07-58-03.png
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Doooooooooooom

    Doooooooooooom
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2025
    Messages:
    1,267
    Sorry for the bump but how's progress?
     
    • Like Like x 2
  16. brtchida

    brtchida
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2016
    Messages:
    22

    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks everyone for sticking around, progress is definitely slow at this point, but we are getting closer to a completed residential area :p I figured out parked cars, which definitely makes it feel more alive, and besides that I've just been grinding to get these neighborhoods complete with as much detail as possible. I've been making predetermined short cut routes and alternate ways to navigate the blocks of houses, which are meant to make it interesting for BeamMP. No real release date as of yet, hoping to finish up one major block of houses, then maybe rough in some of the main county roads and highway portions, so that there is enough paved roads to explore and learn the layout.

    Thanks for sticking in there!;)
     

    Attached Files:

    • screenshot_2026-09-19_06-24-38.png
    • screenshot_2026-09-19_06-25-01.png
    • screenshot_2026-09-19_06-25-28.png
    • screenshot_2026-09-19_06-23-00.png
    • screenshot_2026-09-19_06-23-38.png
    • screenshot_2026-09-19_06-23-57.png
    • screenshot_2026-09-19_06-24-17.png
    #36 brtchida, Sep 19, 2026
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2026
    • Like Like x 6
  17. brtchida

    brtchida
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2016
    Messages:
    22
    OKAY. Can someone tell me WTF just happened???? I was trying to combine the "Current/Levels" with the base game directory, which didn't work, so I copy and pasted the original separate files back, and now ALL MY FU*KING DECAL ROADS ARE DUPLICATED AND LOOPED. Thousands of them. HOW. Anyone have any ideas here, because this would take weeks/months to fix.
     

    Attached Files:

    • Screenshot2026-09-20082602.png
    • Screenshot2026-09-20082634.png
    • Screenshot2026-09-20082717.png
    • Screenshot2026-09-20082738.png
    • Like Like x 1
  18. jscxnt

    jscxnt
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2024
    Messages:
    519
    you shouldnt ever combine modded files with base game files. A mod should only ever stay in your user folder. Did you backup before doing so?
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. brtchida

    brtchida
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2016
    Messages:
    22
    Problem solved. It was registering two instances of my folder which contains all the decal roads. Just a random bug. Damn this game gives me heart palpitations sometimes lol
     
    • Like Like x 4
  20. brtchida

    brtchida
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2016
    Messages:
    22
    PROGRESS UPDATE:
    Just reaching out to see if anyone who actually knows how to use blender can help with some asset creation. I modeled a standard split level house in OnShape (much more fluent with that) and imported it to Blender. I can't seem to figure out how to assign materials to it or to make it reference existing beamng materials. Any help would be appreciated.
     

    Attached Files:

    • screenshot_2026-09-29_19-48-12.png
    • screenshot_2026-09-29_19-48-01.png
    #40 brtchida, Sep 30, 2026 at 2:43 AM
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2026 at 2:49 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice