Working on FFB mod, lost, help.

Discussion in 'Land' started by BravoNovemberZulu, Mar 4, 2026.

  1. BravoNovemberZulu

    BravoNovemberZulu
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2021
    Messages:
    204
    So I’m trying to create a mod that will make the FFB signal increased/decreased grip (such as during weight shift) much more clearly via increasing/decreasing torque, probably signal understeer and oversteer than the almost nonexistent default signaling. I have an idea that may be as simple as making the self-aligning torque force signal 95+% of what gets sent to one’s wheel, but after a day of conversation with AI that that *very confidently* gave me code for customffb mod that doesn’t work, or alternatively told me to alter values in files, values that are not to be found anywhere in BeamNG files, I feel like I’m hitting my head against a wall. So here goes. Where does one begin learning how the BeamNG FFB works and writing a mod that allows the user to tweak it themselves? Heavy emphasis on self-aligning torque forces, because (tentatively) being almost entirely SAT appears to be what makes the FFB of certain other games so clearly informative.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tofli

    Tofli
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2025
    Messages:
    460
    Why here ? You should put that in an other forum than land car
     
  3. BravoNovemberZulu

    BravoNovemberZulu
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2021
    Messages:
    204
    I assumed this was the correct forum because it is a mod for the FFB of cars on land. What is the correct forum for help with starting on this type of mod?
     
  4. Tofli

    Tofli
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2025
    Messages:
    460
    Maybe mods and skins but not sure
    Here is for complete car mods
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice