World Editor Pot Hole Decals?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Hybodo, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Hybodo

Hybodo
    Expand Collapse

Hi guys, trying to reverse engineer these pothole decals that are 3D. If I place these decals they're 2D and seem to have zero physical interaction. Could someone explain how these default decals (on Jungle Rock Island for reference) are 3D or how I could replicate this in my own roads? Screenshot attached.

Attached Files:

• beamngscreen.png
  2. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

You have to pull/morph the terrain down. Idk how to use the new editor, but with the old one, click on the mountains icon (top left) and then the hand grabbing tool lookin thing. ANd then just grab the terrains and pull it up or down to your liking. I will most likely need some massaging and a minute or two of work.

3. Hybodo

Hybodo
    Expand Collapse

Originally I assumed that was the case, but if I view the decal from eye level, the stock decal from the level is 3D. I verified by lowering the terrain so the decal was hovering, and sure enough its not just a 2D plane, it has height. When I place them with the decal tool however they're all flat no matter what. Do these decals have heightmaps or bumpmaps that can be enabled or something? I can take another screenshot of what I'm talking about if that doesn't make sense.

4. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

I honestly don't know. I haven't bothered to mess with it beyond making stupidly large jumps.

5. ltntai

ltntai
    Expand Collapse

If you place the decal first and then lower the terrain, you have to move the decal a bit and it will automatically snap back. There might even be some advanced grid snap option so that you don't have to do it every time you change the height.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice