Worst Car Companys

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Glitchy, May 16, 2017.

1. IvelinV8

IvelinV8
    Expand Collapse

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. itzsullivan1542

itzsullivan1542
    Expand Collapse

3. Ironeon

Ironeon
    Expand Collapse

For some reason, I'm starting to dislike Tesla. It's becoming a bit like the Apple of car manufacturers- I remember that when they announced the Model 3 there were so many people who ordered it before they even saw the car.

I once liked the brand, though- I love both the Roadster and the Model S- but with the last two cars, they've completely lost me.

Where the Model S looks good, the Model X is like an electric Multipla. It litterally looks like a blob! And I believe it looks even more ridiculous with it's wing doors open- almost like a fat seagull which is about to take off. The Model 3, on the other hand, seems as anonymous as a car can be- it doesn't really have any traits that stand out- to me, at least.

They're probably good cars though (never driven one), but I'm not planning to get one.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

I gotta disagree with you on that. Sure, the design may not be appealing to everyone (I hate the X too), but whats important, is the stuff under the hood. They are doing for electric cars what Volvo did for safety, giving away their patent for the battery/engine technology. Also, they are outstanding cars and clearly the best electric you can get as of now.

5. Puzzle

Puzzle
    Expand Collapse

Chevrolet. Why?
    Over 2,000 people were either burned or killed in crashes involving C/K pickup trucks and their fuel tanks between 1973 and 2009. In 1999 a 1986 C10 caught fire as the owner and his 71 year old father were inside. He claims the truck was very dependable, well maintained and was in excellent condition. In the late 90s, six people were injured after their 1979 Malibu was rear ended, causing the car to explode. Just aging? Just an old rust bucket? No. GM knew about the problem since they designed the car and the C/K trucks.

6. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Yes, six people were indeed injured after a fuel tank fire following a rear-end crash in their 1979 Malibu. What's missing from that statement is that, in a lot of other cars, they probably would have died outright, fire or not, considering that they were rear-ended by a 70MPH drunk driver while waiting at a red light. But instead of giving GM credit for building a surprisingly safe car, they decided to blame and sue GM for a fire that they probably couldn't have done much to prevent short of installing racing fuel cells in all their cars from the factory.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Puzzle

Puzzle
    Expand Collapse

ok, I will admit you got me there, but explain the C/K trucks.

8. KozyKat

KozyKat
    Expand Collapse

What i've learned from this thread: No car brand is perfect, nor will any brand be perfect.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

I generally don't hate all car brands, but when it comes to those TV commercials where they try to say "Our products are much better than the competition's, look how shitty theirs are!" I can see that as trying to market effectively, and trying to catch people's attention, and it's the definition of Competition in general, but it just always irks me. Before, I used to dislike Tesla for a few reasons, not because that it's an Electric car, but when the car's literally stone dead, so the main battery has no power left in it, but there is the 12v auxiliary battery, but even then, it's rather small, and that goes flat quickly. So with no power left, you can't open the doors or anything, or even electronically release the parking brake, making towing it much more tedious. Now I have seen vids of people dealing with dead Teslas, and even in person a couple times, and I know there's ways to jump-start the auxiliary battery to atleast open the door and release the parking brake, but having to pry out that front plastic "grille" to get at the terminals to jump-start it, or basically, having to "rip" that piece out just seems, eh. I know it's the correct way to do it in circumstances like that, but I'm pretty sure there will be one poor bastard who manages to break that piece in the process.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ironeon

Ironeon
    Expand Collapse

Indeed, I agree with you on that one. And electricity is perhaps (along with hydrogen) the fuel of the future. My dislike for Tesla is more or less personal, I believe.

Still though, like I said, I do like the Roadster and the Model S. If I had to choose an eco-friendly car, it'd be the Model S (because, as you said, they're almost objectively the best electric cars currently).

11. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Meanwhile I do, in fact, despise electric cars. They are the opposite of cool.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Otto von Biscuit

Otto von Biscuit
    Expand Collapse

Actually its not.

Mercedes makes some of the most reliable and best modern cars. And yes, they removed the dipstick on the SLS AMG. a 200.000 USD Supercar. the new Porsches don't have one either. neither do Bentleys and Italian Supercars. See a theme? Expensive Cars for Rich people that dont want to get their hands dirty. And go to the dealership for changing tyres.

Not everywhere is america, not everywhere fuel costs $1 a gallon. (approx. $6 per gallon in germany + much higher vehicle tax.) And the "no replacement for displacement" era is over. Emission restrictions and stuff. In europe a 2.3 Liter is a larger engine for normal people whilst 1.2 or 1.6 are considered normal. maybe a 2.0 Diesel for a family car or minivan.
    Skoda (VW) is crazy. they put a 1.2 liter petrol engine in the octavia but squeeze out 170hp NA.

"OH BMW MAKES A FF SMALL MINIVAN BEACUSE PEOPLE BUY IT, ITS A BAD BRAND, THEY DONT MAKE ONLY SPORTSCARS ANYMORE..." They still make very good and fun to drive cars. of course they are more complicated than an old car. Show me one mainstream car that isn't today. And BMW didnt produce the E30 M3 only but had big comfortable luxury cars, sportscars and familiy cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

peugot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Otto von Biscuit

Otto von Biscuit
    Expand Collapse

gramer

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

And why ?

16. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

There is no "Bad" Car brands, there is bad cars. Sure, Some car brands have a higher consistency of bad cars then others, but opinions vary based on what cars they have been exposed to from a said brand.

17. holographicdreams

holographicdreams
    Expand Collapse

Supercars are toys, not cars

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

I dunno. I was just watching top gear a while ago and they did a section about it.

19. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Base your opinion on a comedy oriented TV show? Dude.

20. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

Yup. Also I searched it up and some of them are pretty bad....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice