Wreckfest Players

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by DuneWulff, Feb 28, 2018.

?

Which Car is Best? (Assume A-Class Build)

1. Euro Fastbacks (Gremlin, Panther, Bulldog)

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. US Fastbacks (Starbeast, Roadslayers, Speedbird)

9 vote(s)
    11.0%
  3. Import Tuners (Sunrise, Speedemon, Tristar)

7 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. Euro Compacts (Killerbees, Boomers)

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. Classic Muscle (Hotshot, Rocket, Roadcutter)

12 vote(s)
    14.6%
  6. Land Yachts (Warwagon, Gatecrasher, Rammers)

25 vote(s)
    30.5%
  7. FWD Micros (Nexus, Firefly)

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  8. Trucks (Mud Digger, Matador)

6 vote(s)
    7.3%
  9. Euro Heavyweight (Hammerhead, Dominator)

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  10. I unironically drive the lawnmower.

10 vote(s)
    12.2%
  11. The Bandit

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I assume that means a depressingly long wait until June?. I seriously doubt console versions of Wreckfest will be out before Christmas
    as I read it. I'd also be very surprised if the PC version came out in June. The devs appear to have quite a bit of polishing to do before this
    game is retail ready. Their latest community survey was eye opening and a little worrying and a release before September would have me in
    shivers over a "rush out and patch later" scenario. Then again I'm not a game developer either. I plan on day one purchase of the PS4 version
    regardless:cool:.

Unrelated, had a great time on multiplayer last night and (gloat incoming!), I beat lilsmokey666 in a A293 Rocket,,,heheh. He was pissed
    and ranting about assists and such...lol. No, I didn't snap a screen of the the winning results damnit. Take my word for it, it happened.
    That spawned a small discussion about having player classes and having a more fleshed out system to see, adjust and classify player
    assists in MP. The results of that would be obvious and put to rest arguments and butthurt over who uses assists and who doesn't. Ace drivers
    using pure manual shifting who beat everyone every time have no credibilty whining about getting beat by someone using assists. Conversely, people using assists and beating 99% of everyone have no credibilty whining about drivers who use strictly manual shifting.
    Personally, I admire drivers who drive and win consistently using manual and would love to see a more robust and visible system in MP to allow
    for the titans of the manual to duke it out amongst themselves, same with all other shifting and assist levels.
    /END WALL OF TEXT.

2. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Bugbear wants to get this game out and after Nordic joined the project pace has been going well, but console is a long way off. Work on it won't even "start" until PC is out and after all the controversies with this project I doubt they will want to rush console release.

3. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

Manual in this game is great for maximizing turning exits/entrances and drifting. Additionally, manual also allows you to recover faster if you know what you're doing (ie, you can sling it in reverse when spun out in order to J-turn back around quickly)
    The downfall of manual shifting in this game is that it puts a lot more pressure on you to both race, defend, and go on the offensive and it is punishing if you screw up any of those even for a second. Accidentally downshift too far? Back end goes out and you've lost all momentum. Didn't shift at the right time off the line? You're a sitting duck.

Automatic is a solid safety net, and it isn't a pushover like in most other racing games. The big killer assist is Traction Control, you'll never win online with it unless everyone else just sucks. lol

Edit: I honestly forgot my own...
    yay.jpg

#243 DuneWulff, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
  4. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Happy Birthday dude!

Your point on reversing with manual is spot on. That's the one thing that motivates me to go manual. Reversing in automatic is a godamn
    frustratingly long experience. As you say, my major issue with manual is trying to race, defend and offend all at once. I do believe there is the
    ability to race auto and have bindings that will allow you to manually shift when needed. Even with that ability throwing down to reverse when needed
    is still much faster than automatic.

TCS has been off for me since about day 2.

5. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

No way, I have 4 gig of ram, intel celery, integrated graphics...
    --- Post updated ---
    Boy, Christmas would be a bummer. I’ve put aside some money to get it, I’m hoping I can get it before I spend that money on something else haha

6. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

AI in this game is nice. Likes to slam you into trees.
    rekt.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Been a while since I checked in. I've got my European escapades uploaded, so feel free to check those out.

Had a few run ins with Aboroath but that'll be saved for m6 next vid.

8. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

Too bad I can't host a server
    upload_2018-5-18_21-47-38.png
    This could support 2-3 cars at most.
    Most of the popular severs are on the west coast and I am on the east coast so it is pretty laggy.

9. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Sorry to hear. I am in a similar boat or I would put a server up.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Some of the top tier racers in this video. Check out the sexy lines!

• Like Like x 1
  11. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Crop harvester and shark fin confirmed for next update.

12. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

That’s gonna be fun.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

I can't imagine the combines will be real exciting... Most of them top out around 25ish mph

14. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

You mean to tell me you aren’t looking forwards to a combine vs lawnmower deathmatch?

I hope that thing gets a skin referencing The Dominator from Top Gear. I’m sure it’ll at least be a mod eventually.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

I just really hope they've fully added all customization options and fully fleshed out everything. I can't help but feel like they might be jumping the gun on full release, especially considering the results from the most recent survey...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I agree and I am sure the dev team would like to do more, but with how far this project has been pushed back as is they probably are feeling the pressure to get it to “full release”.

I find it strange that they didn’t mention any of the exclusive pre-order content in the announcement.

17. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

I would love to have this paint job as a base game paint job

18. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure if anybody else realized this, but they've announced a launch date of June 14, 2018, and have released the launch trailer:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

I've known for a while now. it took 4 1/2 years but the game is finally coming out.

20. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

After watching Failrace’s footage of the Wreckfest tour I think the school bus will be my new favorite vehicle. Really disappointed that I didn’t see much in the new vehicle department though. The combine, school bus, and double decker look to be special event vehicles with limited options for paint and nothing for customization, and I couldn’t tell but it looks like the 3 wheeler is in the same situation. Hopefully there’s some more content not shown in the video. I like the new UI, nice to see more info during the demo derbies.

I really feel that the game needs a limo (for obvious reasons), an old van like a gen 1 Ford E-Series (so that the Mud digger isn’t the only large vehicle) and a NASCAR Modified Coupe (would fill multiple niches which I feel the game is lacking without)

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice