Wreckfest Players

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by DuneWulff, Feb 28, 2018.

?

Which Car is Best? (Assume A-Class Build)

1. Euro Fastbacks (Gremlin, Panther, Bulldog)

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. US Fastbacks (Starbeast, Roadslayers, Speedbird)

9 vote(s)
    11.0%
  3. Import Tuners (Sunrise, Speedemon, Tristar)

7 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. Euro Compacts (Killerbees, Boomers)

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. Classic Muscle (Hotshot, Rocket, Roadcutter)

12 vote(s)
    14.6%
  6. Land Yachts (Warwagon, Gatecrasher, Rammers)

25 vote(s)
    30.5%
  7. FWD Micros (Nexus, Firefly)

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  8. Trucks (Mud Digger, Matador)

6 vote(s)
    7.3%
  9. Euro Heavyweight (Hammerhead, Dominator)

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  10. I unironically drive the lawnmower.

10 vote(s)
    12.2%
  11. The Bandit

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I'll see if I can find it tomorrow

2. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I had to vote classic muscle. My two best cars are the Rammer and the Roadcutter, tough choice lol. Been trying to figure out the Starbeast but I think manual shifting will
    suit it better. It's gearing is annoying no matter what I have it at. Anyone using a functional AWD mod?

Last night the BC Banger server went tits for some reason and everyone moved to the New England server, another good one in my opinion. Really sucks when the admin goes
    to bed and leaves track rotation off tooo_O. Thanks all for the shifting mapping info, will try them out! I go by f18freak and my badge is very familiar:p.

3. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

Should you try the C-stick shifting, tell me what you think about it. I'm curious what others think about it.

4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I think tonight I'll try binding the gears to the right stick. I usually have that bound to camera controls but I'm not a fan of Wreckfest's camera stuffs so I don't really use it anyway.

As for the Starbeast, I love using that for demo derbies and the chaotic tracks. I just bought the Gatecrasher; so far I'm not liking it. Seems to me that it's main strength is strength, but there's other cars which are almost as strong but much better in other aspects. Maybe once I put some performance parts on it my opinion will change. I bought the Supra last week, I am loving that one.

I said this earlier but since that poll is up I'll say it again, IMO the firefly was OP when it was released. A performance build of that thing was incredibly quick and agile but still strong enough to bully a lot of the AI.

#84 ManfredE3, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  5. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

Bc racing is empty atm I am the only one on
    Anyone on the ec one?

6. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

I can't even connect to anything tonight lol
    Bugbear's multiplayer in this game is so weird.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I somehow managed to get a pole position in the gremlin in a field of a class cars mine was a c class

8. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

Lol. A fast car doesn't mean very much if you can't drive it. I always see people with A260+ who end up in the back because the car drives them more than they drive it. My Rammer is... A232 I believe. Only a little above B class (although it can't actually get any higher lol)
    But you can easily pole with C/B class cars if you drive with some sense. The issue with it is C/B cars can't win in the straightline fight, so you have to perfect the corners instead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

So... Last week steam decided it wanted to delete my Burnout Paradise save file, and tonight it decided to delete my Wreckfest save file...Yay me... Both games are doing weird things that suggest to me that steam didn't delete the old save file when it made the new one. I don't really care about Wreckfest since I cheated in the cars and parts I had before, XP doesn't matter since I did that, and I still haven't redone the first two championships since Bugbear redid them. I am getting 0 FPS on the main menu for the game now... Like to know a way to get my burnout Paradise progress back though.

Lesson learned, Minecraft isn't the only game I need to make backup save games for...

#89 ManfredE3, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  10. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Last night late was weird too....almost no one around and lots of lag. BC Banger was unfortunately filled with a bunch of dope smoking imbeciles. Guess that's the price we pay for personal?,
    "servers". The official Bugabear servers were dead and laggy as well. I'm not a nerd on online gaming tech so I might be wrong on all this.
    I attempted the right stick shift scheme and it ain't bad. Cut a second off some lap times. Definitely want to have all other bindings for the right stick off. It's fairly
    intuitive versus reaching for a button and I intend on practicing hard with it.

11. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

What is going on with the servers.
    Twice I started a race and was immediately greeted with a wrong-way sign that wouldn't go away. That is infuriating. I honestly quit out the second time. This was on BC Banger too, which was completely full house.
    In other news, 24 players on Speedway Head-on Loop is absolutely the greatest fun ever. You don't win, you survive.
    I do wish we could make a BeamNG Wreckfest server for those of us on here. It'd be nice to find out who here is top tier ;). I don't know if anybody here can support a server though unless we do it time-restricted to only when we're online.

12. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Definitely ain't me!...still noobin' hard. I've raced Mopower and he is pretty damn good with his purple Starbeast. We had a collision once just as we apexed a big jump and I went
    for a full 13, (yep counted), cartwheel ride into the woods. Laughed my ass off the whole way. He's a good and respectable clean racer. Wreckfest is unique in that if you just want to race to win, untouched, you need to be REAL good. When your in first and hit lapped traffic, you now need to survive that as well and you are fair game. It's like two games in one. In that situation trying to survive to the end is a whole new anxiety level....and whining about it does zero good, It's Wreckfest.

I thought about hosting a server, or at least attempting it but like you say time management is key. I'd also be concerned about player ping rates with my current set up. I might give it a shot.

13. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

I died because of this. Thing still had collisions.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Whoa...that looks ALOT like something we'd see in BeamNG. Sure looks like a spazzed out jbeam glitch!

15. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

What is gping on with my replies? Stupid phone
    --- Post updated ---
    Holy shoot, is that a 747???
    Oh, f18freak and you call ME fast. You are modest as there are defintely tracks that you are as fast or faster than me.
    The wrong way sign always shows up on the dirt 8 for me. It is not a big deal, doesn't affect anything. It's just a glitch but you still finish in whatever position after 10 laps. Just keep plugging and you'll be fine, even if it is irritating.
    --- Post updated ---
    I raced F18freak/Aboroath yesterday and we had a beautiful drag race to the finish line on one track.

The big block did some work for me haha!

16. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

Really? I was on that track... had I known it was just a visual bug I would've kept chugging along.:(

17. missionsystem

missionsystem
    Expand Collapse

i still have had no luck joining an online lobby, im really starting to miss it especially with those new cars

18. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

And, yes, I do drive the plum crazy star beast ;)

19. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

Have you tried re-installing/verifying integrity?
    --- Post updated ---
    Rammer or nothing!

20. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Yes, that was awesome. .001 difference! So much fun to be had especially with folks who respect good clean racing in a game all about
    wrecking...lol. Weird I know:p. Your Starbeast and skill behind the wheel is the best that I have seen. Many (including me), are confounded
    as to finding the sweet spot on those.

Love the Rammer on ovals so far! My angry orange Rammer still a WIP.

On another note, I really hope the devs implement wheel detaching, god how beautiful that would be in addition to all the
    debris flying around.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice