1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

X-Axis rotation irregularities in World Editor?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by james_uk, May 12, 2021.

1. james_uk

james_uk
    Expand Collapse

So I have a flat terrain mesh I've imported into BeamNG but it's giving me a very bizarre problem.

Basically, what happens is no matter what I do, BeamNG always forces the X Rotation axis by 0.056 degrees no matter what I do. I can test this by placing water down. Towards the end of the terrain, it's always submerged. By placing a plane to simulate water in Blender, I can see the terrain is completely 100% level. By rights, there's no reason at all it should appear submerged towards the end of the terrain.

In other words, BeamNG doesn't appear to allow complete zero-ing of the X-Axis rotation. Is this somekind of a bug with World Editor by any chance? I've checked the rotations in Blender and everything (rotation/position) is all 0,0,0. Looking at mesh's in the official maps, I can see they technically have the same problem but it's a non issue as they are significantly smaller than the scale of the mesh's I'm working with.

I have a terrain (New York) that's many miles long and it's causing a serious problem in the sense that the end of it is always submerged. I'm having to raise the terrain out of the water to compensate for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice