1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Xbox 360 wired controller refuses to work

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by sirendude2012, Jun 28, 2014.

1. sirendude2012

sirendude2012
    Expand Collapse

I've been trying to get this controller working with BeamNG for a while now. I've tried a ton of input maps, methods a-plenty, pretty much everything. It works fine with Rigs of Rods, it just won't work in BeamNG, and I don't see why. I put the correct GUID into the correct input map, what I get as a result? Nothing.

The controller is a third-party wired controller that I got through Newegg, the one that has an all-chrome Xbox button. A friend of mine has the same one, he says he just plugged it in and it worked. Not the case with mine, for some reason.

I would love to get the controller working in BeamNG, since many say it improves the experience. It improved the RoR experience, so I can't imagine how realistic BeamNG will be if I get this controller to work.

I'm using the Pre-Race update, though the controller would not work with previous versions either.

2. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

thats the same problem i have with my AFTERGLOW AX.1

3. Rokzy rules

Rokzy rules
    Expand Collapse

Remember to backup all your LUA, Vehicle, skins and map mods

1. go to beamNG. Drive icon right click on it and select open file location.

2. Now find the cleanup.bat and run it

3. try your controller .I found a map I was making messed up my controller so I deleted it and it worked fine if this does not work look below I will give you another way that I used to fix my controller

1. Go to control panel

2. Find Hardware and sound then click it at the top it should say devices and printers click that

3. It may say the name of the controller or just controller like mine right click the icon press game controller settings

4. Press advanced... and scroll down the drop down list until you find your controller name select it and press ok

5. Press ok on game controller settings exit out of control panel and test to see if it work's

If neither of these worked post again and I'll try and help you more ;)

4. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

nope that didnt work

5. Rokzy rules

Rokzy rules
    Expand Collapse

Press your @ key then screenshot that and post it here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice