1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Xbox controller steering issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by ChrissV, May 23, 2024.

1. ChrissV

ChrissV
    Expand Collapse

So I've not played in a long time. updated and jumped on today and it was undriveable, i would be steering round a corner and the steering would just snap back straight and stay there until i moved my stick again. i've changed all "steering assists" off etc and nothings made a difference.

This is my favourite game to sit and waste time on but its just given me the most frustrating hour or so trying to fix this problem. i can't even attempt to enjoy this game with it doing this constantly. any ideas?

2. Ryhan.N

Ryhan.N
    Expand Collapse

Check if the issue persists in other games, preferably try running a controller calibration software to see how ur controller is sending input data. If you notice the same problem, then your controller is not functioning properly. This bug most likely has nothing to do with BeamNG, but try resetting all bindings to default anyways. Maybe your controller steering deadzone was set to the ends for some reason.
    Also does this happen every single time you corner or only sometimes?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice