You need to activate windows problem.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Deleted member 1747, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

After I uninstalled Norton Internet Security my computer broke.
    It all started after Norton wasn't working but was still charging my parents £45 every month, so my dad decided to deactivate our norton membership. So after he ended it and uninstalled it, the next morning, it said "you may have been a victim of counterfeit versions of windows." Apparently I now have to activate windows, even though it has been activated for 2 years now. I will post pictures later as I don't have the time right now

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Sounds to me like you do have some sort of malware on your system, or phenomonally cocked up uninstallation of norton (and considering where it gets its fingers into that is entirely possible)

3. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

Fixed, thanks to the one person who responded

4. iMogal

iMogal
    Expand Collapse

WAIT?!

Norton was charging you £45 a MONTH?!?! WTH?!

http://ca.norton.com/antivirus/

According the website, it is $55 a YEAR (Canadian)
    (and still a rip off)

5. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

There are a lot of much better free anti viruses like avast..

6. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, i meant it would charge them an extra £45 (yearly payment) and it is so crap it doesn't do as much as AVG Free 2014 (what i am now using!)

7. Doug7070

Doug7070
    Expand Collapse

Avast! is an excellent solution, for sure. I'd advise using a combination of Avast! for realtime protection and Malwarebytes for rooting out anything that manages to get into your system. I've been using that system for years and havn't had a single virus issue in that time, or had to pay a penny for either one.

8. BaronRedStorm

BaronRedStorm
    Expand Collapse

Definatly use avast I am using it right now and i Never ever had one issue with it ever Its also good at detecting viruses :cool: your best off with avast
    Edit: And don't use multiple Security systems at once Unless you have a super Cpu otherwise It slows up the CPU

9. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I hate avast with a passion. Slow piece of intrusive crap that is only for people that can't/won't manage their own stuff. Or don't care enough to give enough time to properly maintain the spy software on a childs computer. Those make me mad too. Who needs to see everything on anyone's computer?
    AVG and malwarebytes only for me. :|

10. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

only anti-virus i use on any of my pc's: Microsoft Security Essentials (Defender on windows 8/8.1) and malwarebytes

11. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

I have Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes. I honestly don't see the need for an antivirus if you know how to prevent them. My daily driver laptop had no antivirus for 4 years. Not a single virus ever.

12. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Avast! Is an excellent solution, they blocked my website and many others for no reason, and said they would refuse to re-evaluate it until I moved hosting. Although there was no malware or any type of adware on the website or afilliated with it. haha :p. I don't really use Anti-Virus solutions because I'm internet-smart and don't go to fishy download sites and other stuff.

13. raiderfan

raiderfan
    Expand Collapse

Good to know i'm not the only one not using a anti-virus.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice