1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Your BeamNG Story

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EruptionTyphlosion, May 14, 2017.

1. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

found videos of it, and, yeah
    upload_2017-5-15_23-24-18.png

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

It all started in 2015 when I was watching car videos and stumbled upon this:

Yes that was the first BeamNG.drive video I ever saw. Shocking. But after watching it the next morning I wanted to find that youtuber again, which was YBR, and then I really wanted the game. I got it a few weeks later.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

I grew up playing the Burnout and Need for Speed games as a kid, I always wanted a game where cars crashed realistically. I dreamed of a game like BeamNG, no other games had physics like this game. I found this game in 2014 from a YouTuber called Insanegaz, I had a terrible dual core craptop at this time, eventually I forgot about the game, and found it again in March or April of 2015, I was having a really rough month, I was having trouble at school, my cat passed away, so I needed a way to relax and exit reality, and forget about life so I found a Youtuber around this time called "WhyBeAre". I loved his videos. I would sit and watch them for hours on end. Eventually, I bought a cheap gaming computer that could run BeamNG on the lowest graphics, even if the game didn't look that good, I appreciated the game a lot. I have never played on high graphics, I just don't have enough money, but I still love this game. I showed a few friends this game, They thought I was crazy for finding entertainment in destroying cars for no reason, or objective, I took a long break from BeamNG around December 2015, and I came back to find a couple new cars, which sparked my interest back in the game. This is my BeamNG story. This game has changed my life for the better, this will always be my #1 favorite game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Red exhaust

Red exhaust
    Expand Collapse

This was the best youtube recommendation of the year! I had been hoping for a realistic car physics game and even though Burnout: Paradise had good crashes, it was an arcade game. Was browsing youtube when suddenly:

I immediately went to the BeamNG website and downloaded the tech demo and soon bought the whole game (it was 11€ back then). My hopes and dreams have become true!

E: Forgot to mention that I watched the old BeamNG.drive trailer 50 times because I was so impressed.

#24 Red exhaust, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. NoxiousFumes

NoxiousFumes
    Expand Collapse

My friend introduced it to me. I had no money, until 2 years later I got money for my birthday and purchased a steam card. From there I managed to purchase beamng.

6. mr.shek

mr.shek
    Expand Collapse

i was watching beamng videos of whybeare i bought the game in 2013 and i think why dont i have the mods cos i dont know about mod so i quit and in 2016 0.6 i came back and i know mods i tried a long time and i manage to know how to mod and in 0.7 i sign up
    --- Post updated ---
    sorry about my gramma

7. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Was skimming through the IGN site one night like I always do and an article along the lines of " the most realistic video game car crashes you've never
    seen" came up. I immediately lost my breath and shit my drawers simultaneously when I watched the video they had linked. Had the tech demo in under
    two minutes and the whole game the next morning.

I had been lusting for this kind of damage in a video game for decades and BAM!....my dreams came true!! Love being a part of this...thank you devs!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

Gabester or some other developer shared a link on reddit. I went and got the techdemo and owned the game less than 20 minutes later.

9. carsofawe

carsofawe
    Expand Collapse

For me, I actually found this thanks to RoR. I found RoR in early 2013 if I remember correctly, may have actually been back in 2012. I found BeamNG through that, and ended up not really ever being active. Until now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

holy shite, that video is from 2015? I feel old now...

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Captain. Adam

Captain. Adam
    Expand Collapse

I Used to play Burnout paradise and I'm still doing. Thanks for that game because it made me get more interested in crashing stuff and driving.
    We don't forget these videos x) :

12. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

Yep, uploaded on October 29th, 2015. I watched it when it was uploaded a few days after.

13. Dealercrash

Dealercrash
    Expand Collapse

Rambling in coming...

Well I had a thought when I saw a bad accident on the freeway, and I saw the firewall and the engine in pieces and thought, "why can't games have that..." And since I am a weird person that holds on to ideas for way too long I searched up something like realistic crashes or something. And after a long time of digging I found beamng in 2014. I also wanted realistic racing physics and race cars, and rally. And since it was so cheap compared to other games, I got the tech demo for like a day and bought it soon after.

14. Youngtimer

Youngtimer
    Expand Collapse

Watched some videos on YouTube in 2013 and stumbled upon this:

Watched more videos and got interested for game. Searched for download link, downloaded the game and that's how it all started.
    In summer 2014 bought the game.
    In June 2016 joined to the forums.

#34 Youngtimer, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ClumsyGamer

ClumsyGamer
    Expand Collapse

I saw Those "GTA 5 Gameplay" videos that were made from beamNG demo videos. A couple days later, nerdcubed played it right after I found out what beamNG was, I got steam quite a bit later and only remembered it after they added the vehicle selector that's currently in game. Those were the days when AR162B made all the must have mods.

16. Snikle

Snikle
    Expand Collapse

I saw some Rigs of Rods videos back in 2013, and was into watching those for awhile. Then some videos of a similar, but "new" and better destruction simulator came up, and it was called BeamNG. I watched a ton of beamNG crash compilations (but never anything where the youtubers talked; I hate that) and eventually got the tech demo with grandiose plans of spitting out a new mod car at least once a month. The demo ran terribly on that computer, but I got the game anyway, in July of 2014. I never really got into modding like I wanted to, but when it turned out that the rate I planned to mod at was even faster than the rate that the Russians do, I don't think I regret it. I may mod a car someday. Anyway, that Christmas I got a newer computer that ran BeamNG slightly better, but still not well. I also had to get the steam version. The updates came and went, and in October of 2016, around the time 0.7 came out, that computer broke (Physical force? I'm not saying.) and I got another new one. It still only has 6 GB of RAM, but I can run Beam pretty well on it, and the 2 GB increase from my last computer really made it faster and more enjoyable for me, which is why I play it so much now.

17. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

i got beamng because of whybeare. i used to search up car crash animations on youtube then i saw one of whybeares videos. back then he still sweared so sometimes i would hide in my room and watch him lol. i soon found other youtubers who played beam and thought "wow that's a cool game". i actually got the game a year or 2 later when i got rid of my pet rabbits because or new puppy kept eating their poop. so my dad said i could get something and i said beamng drive. back then i had a 2014 Lenovo laptop that sucked. it was laggy even with 1 car. now i have a slightly better HP laptop with windows 10 and a touchscreen(it gets annoying sometimes). i recently just found out how to break the game. go to my profile to find out how i did it.

18. jusOnedrift777

jusOnedrift777
    Expand Collapse

I first got introduced to Beamng before it became an official game. I saw the cry engine tech demo video on you tube and fantasized about playing it. Come about a year later they announced the release of the full game. I was very hyped and bought it probably a day later.

19. SandwichesANDmilk

SandwichesANDmilk
    Expand Collapse

So was just looking at simulators on steam and I found beam (this was the day before the Miramar came out) I checked humble bundle and it was on sale for 20$ best 20$ ever spent
    Found the forums got an account some time later

• Like Like x 1
  20. yolo-phil

yolo-phil
    Expand Collapse

I played RoR from 2012 until 2014, then i found out it this Game existed and bought it. I Made my account Months later, i tried to make Mods but i am to lazy and Stupid for that :C

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice