1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Your BeamNG Story

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EruptionTyphlosion, May 14, 2017.

1. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

I honestly dont remember, but sure dont regret deciding to buy it.

• Like Like x 3
  2. TechSupportUS

TechSupportUS
    Expand Collapse

My story:

I was watching Node on YT and I looked on the side to see if there were any more Airsoft videos which was what I was watching and saw like Car destruction. I was immediately entranced and clicked on it. It opened me to a whole new world that I have never seen before. So I looked it up on steam and bought it. And now I'm here....still watching videos on BeamNG Destruction

3. TommasoItaly99

TommasoItaly99
    Expand Collapse

I bought the game after the 2015 Singapore GP...I was thinkinhg about this game since I saw it 4 years ago...
    I got a little bit tired of it, but planning to play it again in no time.
    September 2015-May 2017 : 148 hours of gameplay

4. Tom C

Tom C
    Expand Collapse

I started watching ybr

#44 Tom C, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TechSupportUS

TechSupportUS
    Expand Collapse

YBR to op xD

6. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Found it on the Automation forums and thats how I got into it back in 2013, most boring story ever....

7. FireStriker

FireStriker
    Expand Collapse

Umg YBR is op pls nerf

8. TechSupportUS

TechSupportUS
    Expand Collapse

Whats the automation forums?? a game or is it like steam?

9. Fast-Subaru71

Fast-Subaru71
    Expand Collapse

>Played the sh*t out of RoR
    >Thought it was awesome to see such a game
    >But it seemed like the game was dying

Then, BeamNG appeared. Knowing it was not going to be free like RoR, I decided to only watch development of the game on those forums from time to time.
    I tried the techdemo, which amazed me.
    I don't remember what trailer made me buy the game, but it was a good thing. The only game I bought before was Minecraft and if I remember well, it was cheaper at the time. But I don't feel like BeamNG is too expensive. I don't regret spending money on it at all.

10. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

2012 - gabester and tdev made a HUGE stink about starting up Beam on the RoR forums. Gabe released the GV4, everyone blamed him because it wasn't done. I had enough of those people and hopped over when I could get the chance.

#50 CaffeinatedPixels, May 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2017
  11. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Its a forum site that has sadly gone out of action and the game itself well....theres been no dev work on it for some time it was a game that has sadly died...

12. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Do you mean the game were you design cars? If you do its not dead at all

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Moelvis

Moelvis
    Expand Collapse

The year is 2012. I am 10 years old. I decide to buy Gta San Andreas for my MSI (can't remember what model it was) and as soon as my first car blew up, I thought: "I wonder if there is a racing/open world game with realistic crash physics. I couldn't find (because it was so little known back then) BeamNG so I made do with watching videos of ADAC crash tests (the first video I watched was them crashing a Renault Laguna 2006 at 80km/h just for your interest). Believe it or not, this was the first time I had regularly used YouTube in my life.

Then I found the nerd3 channel a year or two later and I became obsessed. I found his NextCarGame (now Wreckfest) video first and as soon as I saw it I was like "FUUCK YEAAAAAH". Having no money for myself, I downloaded the techdemo, but it kind of left me a fair ways from the realism I wanted. The graphics were, to my 2004 era standards, very good, but I wanted something a bit technical, something I could screw around with. However, I kept it as it was the closest thing to my dream I had ever seen.

In 2014, I found BeamNG, again thanks to a video uploaded by nerd3. This time, I was happier than never before. I didn't even bother with the techdemo, but went straight for the full version at the time. Sadly I uninstalled it not 6 months later, favouring Gta 5. However, the story goes in a loop. Bored with Gta's strip clubs and whatnot, I went on Steam, and regretting the fact I had forgot my username for my original purchase in 2014, I shelled out the £18.99 it cost to buy the game again (almost £10 more than I had spent not too long before). It was still worth every penny.

I don't contribute mch to the forum, but having recently made my first proper account for the website, I want to say that, though I don't watch his videos anymore, Nerd3 , because he quenched my thirst for the game of my dreams.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Well one day I was browsing the internet, and was really into some youtube channel, so I looked at there videos, and I saw beamng.drive.
    I was sitting there like hmm what is that game?
    Its a car game so lets click
    i clicked
    And i fell in love
    i bought the game a month later, and that is when i figured out Oh i can change the graphics mode so it will run better
    before Normal qraphics = 1fps max
    after
    Low on 15fps max
    that was sad
    so i bought a new pc
    max graphics
    lowest fps = 45 fps =)

• Like Like x 1
  15. bytx

bytx
    Expand Collapse

I watched this video years ago on Insanegaz channel,
    2 years later i bought the game since I thought it would be fun.
    2017, I found the forums :)

16. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I have been out of touch with that forum for 4 years I got colossal burnout from that game so to me that forum and that game are "dead" to me

17. neketow

neketow
    Expand Collapse

got into Steam, saw BeamNG Drive for 20 bucks, bought it, discovered a whole new world of mass destruction and lovely physics

• Like Like x 1
  18. Username

Username
    Expand Collapse

Not much to it. Discovered Rigs of Rods back in late 2010, early 2011 on YouTube from video like this:

and from compilations from people like @Nadeox1 (who has since deleted all his old compilations :sadface: ) and jaimswallace aka Kryton. Lurked on the forums and on and off but was never really involved in the community.

But I heard about BeamNG when nadeox1 posted a video showcasing the crashes from when the devs were livestreaming the game on Twitch a couple weeks before launch.

I thought it was pretty cool and even saw the opening of the website (it was still a countdown before the game's release.) I thought about buying it for $5 but I was like "nah" and just left it. Then when I finally decided to buy the game, it went up to $15 and I had to register an account (back then, there was no Steam release - remember the Greenlight voting? lol) so I did and that was that.

Also just a funny observation: We went from minimal, no fancy effects, music on top of raw gameplay videos from Rigs of Rods to cinematic videos about RoR crashes to cinematic videos about BeamNG crashes and then back to minimal videos with music on top of raw gameplay.

(P.S. Nadeox if you're reading this pls make your old vids unlisted so I can rewatch them for nostalgia)

19. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

I knew about this game on Car Throttle. (Yes, am really The F12 of Maranello in CT)
    At first I don't ever really bother it, but then later I tried it, starting from pirating the game and then I bought it from Steam later.

20. ignito

ignito
    Expand Collapse

Same thing as Giraffinator on page 1. I was watching some of Etalyx's videos and saw BeamNG and because im into cars, i was immediately in love. Unfortunately I had no computer powerful enough to play it, so videos from him and Speirs were my fix. Somehow I just forgot about the game for a good 1-2 years until I saw it on sale and remembered, at which point I had a better PC and bought it sometime in 2015 IIRC.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice