1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Your BeamNG Story

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EruptionTyphlosion, May 14, 2017.

1. ConcordeLXi

ConcordeLXi
    Expand Collapse

In late 2013 I saw the first YouTube video from BeamNG. I thought nothing of it at the time, to me it was just an extremely expensive simulator I would never get my hands on. A couple months later I came across a gameplay video. I was thinking how this guy got the game. I looked into it and saw that it was available on steam. I didn't have a steam at that time, so I just ignored it. Then a bunch of videos for the game started popping up in my feed from peole like Insanegaz and BeamNG Mods Xexeom. I started watching them every day. I was interested in the game quite a bit at this point. In October of 2014 I got a steam account and downloaded the Tech Demo. I was mesmerized at the physics and capability of the engine. In November, I bought the game on steam. I played it on my spare time a lot. During 2015 and 2016 I got disinterested, but would still play it every once in a while. In december of 2016 I started playing more frequently, and in January I made a Forum account. I love this awesome game and its awesome community, thank you guys.:D

2. davidinark

davidinark
    Expand Collapse

I had been making Wreckfest videos and they had basically quit updating the game (this was a few years ago), so I started looking for something else. I don't remember exactly how I came across BeamNG.Drive, but once I bought it, I was hooked! Been making videos ever since. Currently, I have over 400 Beamng-related videos. Haha! That is nuts to think about.

3. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

I remember it all started when I got my first real computer (a 2004 Optiplex with a 3.4 GHz Pentium 4, a whopping 3 GB of DDR2 ram, and a GeForce 8400 GS graphics card that I installed) back in 2011ish. I searched the internet for "free 3d car games" or something like that. I think Need For Speed Most Wanted was one of the first real games I ever played, and that really got me started. I played the demo of that, then after I while I bought the Black Edition off of Amazon (it's worth a lot nowadays). I still play it sometimes. Then after going through various games, Rigs of Rods popped up. The idea of a game where you could do literally whatever you want with a car sounded amazing, so I played that from 2013-2015 (I still play it occasionally but not much). I also played the ETS2 demo over and over again. Then in 2014 I built the computer I still have now, the specs are in the description. I played NFS Hot Pursuit (2010) on it with the CD I bought (now I own it on Steam too) and marveled at the beautiful graphics. And then sometime early in 2015 I found out about Beam through the RoR forums (it was in someone's signature). I didn't know it had anything to do with it, but clicked the link anyway to see what it was. I immediately downloaded the tech demo and played around with it. That was when I fell in love with BeamNG and one of the main reasons I signed up for a Steam account and a forum account here back in September of 2015. Since then I have taught myself 3D modeling, map making, and texture design because Beam made me want to.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Spede3

Spede3
    Expand Collapse

I remember watching tc9700's spintires videos when a video of "Beamng stunts & crashes!" Or something video was in the side bar, opon watching it I immediately fell in love with the game, i downloaded the tech demo and then purchased it via Humble bundle?. Then i bought it AGAIN on steam when it went up on steam in 2015.

5. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Someone told me, then shew me on his Celeron centrino laptop, that ran at 1fps, then I installed it on my desktop getting 3fps! Then I upgraded from a Pentuim 4 to Pentuim D (same clock) and got... 8FPS! Then I upgraded to a Core 2 Quad Q6600 and got 22fps and then eventually a brand new PC at 60fps (most of the time, dragged down by my GPU)

6. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

I used to watch jacksepticeye’s videos in late 2014/15 and decided to watch some of @TheRealYBR (WhyBeAre) ‘s videos on beamng. I made the resolution to get BeamNG when I turned 13, and here I am.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

I wanted a game that i could enjoy with infinite possibilities, and I was really into cars, at 7 years old i could name most cars on the road. Sooo searching around i found beamng videos. so i got the tech demo and that started it

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Fun fact I don't own the game but I probably know more about it than SpeirsTheAmazingHD

9. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

wat y u no own beamng? ur pc don't run it?

10. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

I have a laptop from my school

• Like Like x 1
  11. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

lol i have a macbook from school, but i also have a gaming rig at home

12. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Automation forums thats how I found it and then the rest is history migrated to here and never looked back

13. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

I have a Chromebook and a tablet that sucks nutz

14. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Hehe... it all started here... August 5th, 2005.

http://rigsofrods.blogspot.com/2005/08/

I used to play Hard Truck 2 a ridiculous amount... that along with 4x4Evo 2. I had tons of fun with mods for 4x4Evo 2 and I wanted to see if I could find some mods for Hard Truck 2 as well. Back then I wasn't very good at using google and googles search results could end up being a little strange. I just googled Hard Truck 2 Trucks and somehow it literally picked up on Procide mentioning in his blog post that he used Hard Truck 2 as inspiration for Rigs of Rods. There wasn't much on the site at the time but the description sounded interesting so I thought I would write it down and come back a few times to see what happened (yeah... I didn't know how to use bookmarks either).

Fast forward about a week and he released version 0.11... Holy hell was that cool. Bouncing around in a car that could be crushed... I had never seen anything like it... but there was next to no content. Luckily, I didn't have to wait long and within a year, the Repository was made by Tdev... and... well... the rest was history.

15. OttoNL

OttoNL
    Expand Collapse

I used to have a friend who used to play every car game he could get his hands on, including RoR.
    Then some time later I suddenly saw BeamNG appear on Steam and I heard somebody mention it's a sequel of RoR (sort of). I was a little on the fence because of the whole sandboxness, I mostly wanted short races (I didn't know scenario's were a thing), but then I saw Draegast play this game and it looked like so much fun. He really sold it for me and some others I know.

Honestly at first the game was quite broken on my pc, but I had a small YT channel as well and my subs loved it, so I stuck with it and it grew on me. And when I picked it up again this fall I noticed that this game has changed so much. It's now super stable, I feel like the physics are a lot better now, I'm not afraid to drift anymore :p and the Hopper works so amazing with these physics. I instantly got obsessed with this game again and I finally started making simple scenario's :D

16. Mamoru Akai

Mamoru Akai
    Expand Collapse

I think back in 2012 or 2013, I was a RoR player and I loved Gabester's car mods, I though they were the best. I heard Gabester quit RoR modding and has moved on to make more Gavril vehicles for another game and it was called BeamNG.drive!

17. TStabbert

TStabbert
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

tdev visited a class about Game Development I was in about a year ago. I always wanted to get into game dev, took my chance, applied and was hired :)

• Like Like x 4
  18. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Good for you

19. Jsap20

Jsap20
    Expand Collapse

YBR and Insanegaz are the guys who made me start

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Nyan2Fast4U

Nyan2Fast4U
    Expand Collapse

Found the cryengine video somewhere, was amazed something like this existed (I had played RoR before, but still) downloaded the demo and played it for 30 seconds, instant buy, didn't need more.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice