1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Your BeamNG Story

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EruptionTyphlosion, May 14, 2017.

1. JBird10

JBird10
    Expand Collapse

it all started with me on youtube and then suddenly i saw a YBR death falls vid with a thumbnail of a grand marshall geting destroyed. I clicked and watched it and then more. i was hooked. a day later i got the demo and then the full game ON THE SAME DAY. thats how much i loved it.

2. MRcrash

MRcrash
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

It was few years ago (probably when hirochi raceway was released). I was playing around with internet game called "Incredibots 2". I tried to do a deformable car, but it didn´t end well. Then I searched on youtube if there is any idea, and I found video called ''phun algodoo destruction'' (which was other game but nvm), After I watched some of these, a video of !3D! game with bus falling from cliff on thumbnail showed up. It was probably RoR but I didn't know it that time. Of course I clicked on it because of curiosity. Then there was another video in the list which was even more interesting - "Stairway to hell and pit of death" by Insanegaz. And that´s how i found beamng.

3. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

I was watching some brand new spintires videos (2014, 3 days after spintires came out) and i saw a video by WBR and has been playing ever since

4. MadZee

MadZee
    Expand Collapse

I found Beam through the good old RoR forums back when it wasn't a complete s***show. Saw the original CryEngine 3 demo, registered as soon as I found out this game had forums (I mean, look at my "Joined" date, haha). Bought the game not long after it became available, and since I loved RoR a lot, I didn't even read a single review. Wasn't disappointed.

For the longest time I just lurked in the forums and checked for new mods, until few days ago I decided to figure out if I still remembered my login details, haha

5. Possibly_Pos

Possibly_Pos
    Expand Collapse

found rigs of rods I think from watching Kurtjmac. Something made me come on this site the day the game got released to buy and I played the techdemo for about a week then downloaded a copy of the game from a special place and just felt I had to buy the game to get everything out of it as the forums at the time locked you out if you didn't own it. [loved that about this forum] I'm not really sure how much time was in the middle of all that but I've still the first version of the game on one of my hard drives just for when I want to go back and see what made me buy this in 2013. I'm terrible with stories sorry if some of this makes no sense at all :D

6. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I found BeamNG back when i used to play RoR, when the RoR forums went downhill and was fucked, i left the forums and searched for something to replace RoR, i tried various games but while i was searching youtube, i found the BeamNG channel, after watching some of their videos i got hooked.

7. Snikle

Snikle
    Expand Collapse

They really should do that again, but I'm sure they had their reasons for stopping it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Evandman12345

Evandman12345
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I found out about beaming early 2014 when I was doing an English assessment. I was watching spin tires and test drive unlimited 2 videos when a beamng Porsche 911 video appeared. Liking Porsche I watched the video and searched beamng and watched ybr, neological, spiers the amazing and other youtubers. I asked my dad for it oneway and he said I have to work for it. So I asked my really kind teacher at school and they said that they would buy it for me for $24 He created an account on steam and now I play beaming on it nearly every day:)

9. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

Your TEACHER did that for you?

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice