Your obsolete hardware

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by lyndon123, Jul 14, 2017.

1. lyndon123

lyndon123
    Expand Collapse

a place to post pictures of crappy pcs which should probably be at your local recycling center. i would post but i have to go out somewhere in about 10 seconds

2. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I have this, a compaq and a macbook that are 10+ years old
    IMG_0850.jpg

3. lyndon123

lyndon123
    Expand Collapse

is it bad that adopted a powermac g4

4. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Advent 5301
    absoulute pile of shit right from when it was made, has a GPU not capable of running games from the '90s at decent framerates (>30). It barely has the power to sometimes scroll a small window at a decent speed, otherwise the scrolling performance is dire as the GPU can't provide enough power to update the screen.
    HP Compaq NC8430
    Wonderful machine, just the aging GPU is not going to receive support from AMD or Microsoft, so it can't run Windows 10

5. lyndon123

lyndon123
    Expand Collapse

i have two dell optiplexes. a 745 and a 740. they are both relatively decent machines, one is amd and the other is intel. i need to put freenas on one of them as i plan on turning it into a nas serer

6. Lets go Canada !!!

Lets go Canada !!!
    Expand Collapse

Well let me see I'm supposed to score a dell gx260 with out broken capacitors since those things are common for that and hp laptop media edition from 2006 Intel core 2 duo 1gb of ram and some nivida card forget about what kind lol probably some old one 9500 idk

7. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

Some really old IBM tower with Windows 95, and an HP laptop from 2007.

8. Ezo

Ezo
    Expand Collapse

Does a radeon x1600 counts? it was mine but my uncle took it when he changed my graphics card

A CD drive older than the motherboard? (it cant even plug in the motherbord because is so old :p )

9. SandwichesANDmilk

SandwichesANDmilk
    Expand Collapse

i have an Acer Aspire that is dead
    its like 3 years old and it ran beam on low with 10 FPS
    i was really happy when it died because a week later i got a beast

10. Sylveon2

Sylveon2
    Expand Collapse

This Powermac G5 I saved from being thrown away, it works like new and has no problems even when I got it it had no problems except one of the harddrives being reported as being able to hold 0 bytes of data, I upgraded the ram from it's original 521 MB to 8 GB and it can still hold the double of the ram inside it right now, and I replaced the not qworking HDD and it'S 10 years old

Attached Files:

• IMAG03161.jpg
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice