1. This is an off-topic section of the forum.
    If you have an issue related to BeamNG, please post in Troubleshooting section instead.

your opinion is wanted

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by kayseyomalley14, Sep 23, 2016.

1. kayseyomalley14

kayseyomalley14
    Expand Collapse

right i want your gods honest opinion of this build not from a performance view , say someone posts this online and you think "oh wow they must have loads of money" i wanna know what you think

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/nNCBLD

CPU: Intel Core i7-6850K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor (£559.99 @ Amazon UK)

CPU Cooler: Deepcool CAPTAIN360EX 229.6 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (£99.99 @ Ebuyer)

Motherboard: Asus X99-DELUXE II ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard (£340.12 @ Amazon UK)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£171.24 @ CCL Computers)

Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (£287.99 @ Novatech)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£262.31 @ Amazon UK)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£59.38 @ YoYoTech)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card (2-Way SLI) (£660.92 @ BT Shop)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card (2-Way SLI) (£660.92 @ BT Shop)

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass ATX Mid Tower Case (£162.15 @ CCL Computers)

Power Supply: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£149.99 @ Amazon UK)

Total: £3415.00

right now youve formed you opinion i want you to post it below.

the rationale behind this build is;

i want something thats mega powerful

will be more than powerful enough to play beamng (more cores = better 4 beamng)

upgradeable to the max,

not so much bragging rights.

thank you for you time

and no this build is proposal, something i want to build, and i will be working hard to afford this pc

2. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

While your build is well out of a good price to performance ratio, it's a good build for the price. Although, for that much storage, I recommend you ditch the 850 EVO and buy 3 2TB HDD and set them up in RAID. You'll have much more storage, and while write times will be slower, your read speeds will be faster, and you'll be thanking me when a drive fails. Also, pure opinion here, but with something as badass as that, I'd use a case as badass as the Corsair 900D, but that's just me.

Doesn't mean you need two 1080s in SLI, just saying.
    Uhh, you've got almost nothing you can upgrade. You've got dual flagship GPUs, an enthusiest grade CPU, and more RAM and storage than you'll probably ever need. But you do you.

3. kayseyomalley14

kayseyomalley14
    Expand Collapse

uhhhhhh what was your first thought?

dual 1080s so i dont have to buy another later

idk how to raid is it easy? primarily need read speeds?

900D too expensive and too big

upgrading later one in a couple years

4. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

>Simple case is too expensive
    >Dual 1080's

• Like Like x 1
  5. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

First thought was: You're either a doctor, in the profession of content creation, just won the lottery, or insane.
    One 1080 is plenty enough for gaming. RAID is fairly easy to set up, as long as you have a motherboard that supports it.
    >900D too expensive
    >Is paying more for motherboard than I did my entire gaming rig

Question: What do you plan to play with this rig?

6. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

Mfw i watched @Funky7Monkey get that rig for 4 dollars(hes one of my irl friends). Unless its another machine i dont know about :p

7. kayseyomalley14

kayseyomalley14
    Expand Collapse

the motherboard has plenty of rear USB ports so thats it

im just a british college student (computing) who has ) money and its to prove to myself i can save money and stuff.

but 2 1080s look better than one

uh, it will be used for video creation and gaming, and streaming ,
    --- Post updated ---
    yes the case is too big , and i prefer the aesthetic of the phanteks evolve ATX :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice