1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Your opinion: More modern cars or more classic cars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Илья Каримов, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

no

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

yes'nt

Nah honestly we don't need more modern or more old all we need is what beamng team does: facelift

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

All right, who is gonna photoshop a 2020 front end onto a model T?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

The game needs some of both classic and modern, but I think they really need to take a break from 80s and early 90s and start considering more 50s, 40s, 30s and maybe even some mid 2000s cars. I think the only mid 2000s cars are the Roamer facelift and if you want to be technical the Sunburst since it's an 09 car. 50s only has the Burnside and I think the Piccolina is late 50s, could be wrong. And the 30s and 40s have absolutely nothing in-game except mods.

Something they should also consider is competition. Right now the Moonhawk and Barstow are probably the most comparable cars and even still not by that much imo. It'd be cool to see something in the same class as the (example) K-Series while still being a fresh new car.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Screenshot of an old scribble I made out of boredom when 0.20 was released. Color coded by brand, with luxury marques the same color as the main brand
    ModelYears.png

Since I have nothing better to do with my life, here's a selection of graphs summarizing this
    ModelYears2.png

And a verbal summary of that as well:
    note: We have 29 cars if you include the FCV as 2, Charro seperate from the D-Series, and the Wendover
    • The 1950's sees the '53/'54 Special and the start of the Piccolina in '57.
    • 1960's sees the Bluebuck and Miramar as well as the first model year of the Barstow. Piccolina going strong.
    • We only have 2 cars that start in the 70's (The Moonhawk and T-Series). The Barstow and Piccolina show their face in this decade as well
    • The 1980's is where things get crazy with 12 vehicles
    • The 1990's is in the same position with 12 vehicles (maybe 13 if the Wendover reaches this far).
    • The 2000's barely includes the final model years of the Pessima, H-Series, Hopper and the first model years of the Sunburst. Only the facelift Roamer is properly in this era.
    • 2010-2020 has 6 vehicles: The 2 Hirochi's, 2 ETK's, and the FCV platform.
    Special note on model years without a car or with only one car:

Obviously we have nothing before '53. We have nothing in '55/'56, 2007, and 2008.

We only have the Piccolina in '57-'61 and '72. Only the Moonhawk in '74-'76. Only the T-Series in '79/'80. The entirety of 2002-2012 has either nothing or only the Roamer or only the Sunburst. And 2019 only has the SBR platform.

1988, 1990-1992 have 9 cars in each model year in that range

With the exception of the Miramar, every single Ibishu is '82-'01. Every Hirochi is '09-'19. 2/3 of Bruckell/Soliad is in the 1980's, 2/3 of ETK is in the 2010's, and every other company only has 1 vehicle. Which means Gavril has the best model year spread even though they have nothing from '55-'61, '64-'68, '72-'76, '07-Present.

#125 ManfredE3, Nov 10, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

Yeah the gaps become really obvious on that chart.

They should really take a break with the 80s and 90s because that cluster looks pretty ridiculous

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Either need something that fits between the 70s and 80s (maybe a British GT car), something from the mid 1950s, or something modern and utility focused.

Even vehicles which have technology that isn't available in game yet like Hydropneumatic suspension.

#127 ktheminecraftfan, Nov 10, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  8. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

thats why i keep thinking of a new age barstow muscle car thats in the 2006-2008 ish years just so the gap between the old and the new is filled, and it also can be facelifted to 2020 if need be.

and i am not even a muscle car guy at all.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I think the vehicle artists should come up with some concept art for new vehicles and allow us to pick what they should work on first.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

its a nice idea, but then you have some dipshits that would just want both and throw a fit about when one of them doesnt go first.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

ETK 7500/Jargl Velst (1930's volvo truck)

Cherrier Valmoisier (1934 Citroen 11/Traction Avant))

12. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

no you egghead, if i give a rough example doesnt mean you have to turn this into the sodding vehicle suggestion thread.

• Agree Agree x 11
  13. Windowsed xp

Windowsed xp
    Expand Collapse

id want to see more classic cars, especially classic racers like 1950s f1 cars, indycars, etc. but also some road cars from 40's and 50's. maybe incl a classic woody wagon?

• Like Like x 1
  14. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Another benefit of having a mid 2000's muscle car is it would be our first retro design. That is too big of a fad to leave out of the game

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

They could also bring back the Burnside for a 2000s reboot, that period had a good amount of retro sport/luxury cars:

Even the last Deville (before it was the DTS) was a bit retro:

16. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

ok so not that im trying to get involved in this whole "old car/new car" debate but i feel that i must add to this discussion; Some things are best left untouched, retro modern cars are very high on that list. Quirky, weird, odd or plain stupid cars are interesting, fake modern wannabe classic; eco warrior shitboxes are not, now dont say that i dislike modern cars (because i already know that but anyway) but things like the Vivace, Sbr and Sunburst are what they are and do what they do best: Being a modern ecoplastibox. But retro cars is like bipolar to the max, more so than the old Chrysler corporation, what are they supposed to look like? What market are they supposed to fill? (apart from the niche market of weird old men) And what is even the reason of existing?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

Fair point. I guess a retro Burnside would be underwhelming in the long run. But I'd like to see something with the Burnside though, either a 60s version or a 2010s version that isn't a retro design (assuming Burnside lasts that long in the BeamNG canon)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

Gogo me mid level luxury !

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

agre

20. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

As the owner of a retro mid-2000's car I feel like my honor has been challenged.

We are talking about a big part of the 2000's automotive market here. Like them or not, they were a big part of the American market at one point. There was a good chunk of the 2000's where retro designs were standard for muscle and luxury cars. It's a big trend and for that reason alone I feel we need one. They weren't exactly a small market either. My own S197 Mustang, the LC Challenger, even the PT Cruiser all sold well and the Plymouth Prowlers are still going for their original MSRP. Besides, who doesn't want the Prangler in Beam?..

Not to mentio the new Z car too

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice