1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Your Personal Micro Blog(s)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Jan 24, 2015.

1. GLion

GLion
    Expand Collapse

Chuck's logic never ceases to amaze me.
    There's no conspiracy to it. Simply it's a basic common sense, a virus appears, you protect yourself from it (by masks, social distancing, staying at home, etc..), now apply that to a country or the whole planet and the virus will die out so you don't have to wear them again.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Yesterday was 5 years since I passed my driving test weirdly I have been on this forum longer than I have had a drivers licence but since I started driving full time on the 20th July 2015, I consider that my 5 years on the streets....

As for other stuff well, yesterday I was due to get superfast fibre optic internet, but BT (yes make all your jokes!) didnt turn up and apparently its due to COVID stuff going around, but heres the weird thing, yesterday I saw a BT Openreach van parked up the road opposite and it went off I donno when I am getting it apparently it will be good for 150Mbit download and 80 Mbit upload, that would be ideal but since I get about 10% signal degradation due to having to go via a 100 ft run from my dads office where the internet comes in, through into the Cellar then through a wall into the pit through another wall into my mums office and then through another wall and up through 3 shelves and a roof into my mums other office and then through another wall into my room and through my cabinet and then around the door and then into my computer its about 100 feet or so, so due to how wiring works I get 90% of the speed my dad would so I would get around 135Mbit down and 72Mbit up

Dads office:
    150Mbit/s down equates to 18.75MB/s
    80Mbit/s up equates to 10MB/s

with 10% Signal loss to get 90% quality in my room
    135Mbit/s = 16.875MB/s
    72Mbit/s = 9MB/s

So not all that bad but who knows when I am getting it!

So yeah as for anything else not a heck of a lot going on, just being relaxed chilled out waiting for lockdown to end and stuff.....but you know with these things they never seem to end

• Like Like x 1
  3. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Exactly. I think it's smart to wear a mask. I'm from the US too and it's ridiculous that wearing a mask has become a political issue. It's not like it's gonna take away your freedom.
    Do you have any sources to back that claim up? Look, I really don't wanna be rude here, but the fact I keep hearing evidence that SuperAusten64 actually linked that masks help with stopping COVID or whatever just further justifies wearing a mask. As Kueso said. They're sanitary devices and yes, he said they're not miracle devices, but he made some decent/fair points about the mask thing.
    I could be wrong, but I think we need everyone to wear masks and social distance, along with finding a vaccine for the virus to stop.
    Okay, but I'm not sure people should be doing that during a pandemic anyways. Also, couldn't that heavy lifting thing causing oxygen deprivation happen without a mask? If having lifting does cause oxygen deprivation which I'm not saying it does, but if it does. Oxygen deprivation might happen with or without a mask. You could argue it's worse with a mask, but I think wearing a mask can help with stuff like COVID. After all, I don't think doctors wear masks for no reason.
    1. Yes, you might have to wear a mask if something like COVID comes around, but is there anything wrong with that? 2. Can you at least provide links to back up your points? Look, if I sound rude. I'm sorry, but people in America should just wear a mask. If more people wear a mask, you might be able to stop wearing one sooner. Plus, there's a 130,000+ deaths. We need to do something to fight this deadly virus.
    People were buying a bunch of toilet paper during COVID which wasn't smart, but the question "can you provide a link to back up you?" applies here. Also, there's nothing wrong with locking down and wearing masks.
    Look, Fox News calling COVID "the common cold" and other junk like that is ridiculous. There's no excuse for over 130,000 deaths.
    How? Just how could masks increase the time it takes for the virus to get left in the past? I don't get that logic at all.
    Wearing a mask isn't a media issue. It's a thing people wear when it comes to health-related stuff, such as this virus for example. Wearing masks is smart. I highly doubt it's a media hoax.
    That's not an excuse for 130,000+ deaths. I know life doesn't have to be risk free, but countries probably aren't gonna lock down because of a cold or sore throat. They're gonna lock down if there's something deadly like COVID. Yes, life has risks, but we can do something about deadly viruses like COVID.
    I just don't understand how masks could give people ways to be gross and disgusting in public. I could see diapers giving people ways to be gross and disgusting, but diapers are different from masks.
    You're saying masks stop you from breathing? If that's the case, then how? Like I said, I wear one to my grandma's house and I breathe fine.
    Wearing masks and having lockdowns is still better then 130,000 deaths.

Look, I will be fair here. I've been hearing a lot about this virus from CNN news, but Fauci seems like a smart guy in my opinion. Again, I could be wrong and I don't wanna be rude to Chuck, but I'm about a 100% sure masks can help slow the spread or even prevent further COVID spread.

Anyways, Chuck. Feel free to respond to this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

At this point I wouldn't bother giving Chuck the attention.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, let's end this.
    --- Post updated ---
    Oh btw. If I feel like I have to respond to Chuck. I'll put it in a spoiler.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

I want to eventually build a house heating system that uses a bunch of CPUs/GPUs under high load to produce the heat. The idea would be that the energy used to make the heat would also be doing useful computations for a project such as F@H. Two birds, one stone. The cost of such a system would likely be high though.

• Like Like x 3
  7. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Hello, have people been doing okay during this COVID thing?

8. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

To me it wasnt any diffrent because i had to work just as before because im "essential" somehow.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Just been catching up on a load of TV programs that I have been watching recently, I finished up Drive to Survive Season 2 before moving onto For All Mankind and I am happy I am watching that series again and also I have been watching W series as well right now and they are racing currently at Watkins Glen, next week, Suzuka, then Bathurst and then finally the Lunacy of the Nordschleife and then finish it off in the sanity of Silverstone, its an awesome series well worth a watch to me I always like to see more diversity in racing

• Like Like x 1
  10. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Nah just grab some piledrivers and call it a day

11. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

So I've been playing on some hosted BeamMP (it's a mod, there's no official multiplayer) servers for a community called "The Glitch".

I thought it might be interesting to see where we most drive on the server. See where the big hangout spots are and whatnot. So I wrote something that would log vehicle positions, then rendered the final result out with heightmap.js

This is what we ended up with after 2 hours of 3-4 players playing.
    upload_2020-7-18_1-36-6.png

Pretty cool to see. I've made some tweaks and hopefully will be able to render out a couple more in the coming nights.

• Like Like x 9
  12. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

I overclocked my cpu and tuned my harman kardon speakers so everything is better now

13. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

How did you tune them?

14. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

About to enroll in a university course again. I want my 3rd degree just for how silly that would sound in my resume... ;)

• Like Like x 5
  15. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

I bought a Mac Mini today for $40. The second hand store that sold it to me had no idea if it worked or not, but I bought it anyways because it looked like it was decent shape. Turns out that it does in fact work perfectly fine. Now I have myself a dirt cheap personal server lmao. It even has an SSD in it.

• Like Like x 2
  16. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

egg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Hey @Dummiesman l have a challenge for you ! Just kidding, I just made this :

controlling the blue square's x-axis by pressing the save button of a text file :

So.. if I wasn't kidding (which I'd prefer honestly) the challenge would be : Can you make BeamNG save files before it closes ? l o l

I, uhm, threw the p5.js library some place it needed to be and did a few other weird things to make this work, I'm not the best coder though..

Anyway, hope you like :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Tweaked the size of heatmap 'cells', and the collection rate.
    I'm happy with how it is now. Here's a coupole more heatmaps.

These are really interesting to analyze. You can see the most taken roads, but you can also see the more used intersections, and you can see where people would usually turn off each road
    upload_2020-7-20_10-42-46.png upload_2020-7-20_10-43-18.png

• Like Like x 6
  19. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Good grief I hate Microsoft so much.

Trying to play Forza Horizon 4. Buy Ultimate Edition for $100, realize it literally is not allowed to work anymore because of a DRM problem Microsoft is trying its hardest not to acknowledge or fix, ask MS for a refund and system restore my PC to wipe out any trace of the bugged DRM. Brute-copy files to external HDD from command prompt, reformat main SSD, and reinstall Windows from scratch after system restore bricks computer into an unrecoverable CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED boot loop with maybe 20 seconds of warning. Get up and running, verify refund, buy regular edition for $60 - add car pass and VIP status, and I'm back up to the price of the Ultimate Edition with far less content. Redownload the entire 76GB of pain again. At least the computer works again, and the game is running. Everything but multiplayer, that is.

Something about Teredo failing to qualify. This is apparently a longstanding problem, internet (and MS/Xbox support) is full of random solutions that only work for one or two people each, try them all and maybe one will work. Try several, realize that XBL needs a bunch of random ports manually opened in router. Reset the router and set up home network from scratch because both the written-down router password and default admin password were refusing to work for frick knows what reason. Forward the aforementioned ports using the methodology of a poorly-formatted online guide that I'm not sure was correct. Also try a bunch more solutions, probably come closer to bricking my internet connection with PowerShell than I'd like to think about. Still nothing, but at least my NAT type is now "Open" instead of "Teredo failed to qualify". Some progress has occurred, but something is still blocking my server connection.

Find out that the server can deny your connection if your local date/time aren't correct by its reckoning. Should be simple enough to fix, go to date/time settings and click on "Sync now".

Time synchronization failed. Repeatedly.

After some more DuckDuckGo'ing, it turns out that this also is...

...drumroll please...

...a longstanding issue with no clear solution.

My mental state right now:

#2579 NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
  20. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

windows 10 is the brainlet of the operating systems

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice