1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Your Personal Micro Blog(s)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Jan 24, 2015.

1. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Personally I use Aseprite. Since it is designed with pixel art in mind and has lots of useful features for that sort of thing.

But honestly, whatever tool works best for you is the best tool. As long as you aren't using ms paint :p

On the personal blog side of things. I'm totally done with university on Tuesday (last exam), so have been applying for some jobs. My rent apparently lasts another 3 months in this city, so hopefully I can get something sorted before then.

I'm glad that I have looked around at jobs in this sector before, because no one is listing saleries anymore. Instead they mostly ask for your salery expectations in the cover letter. So at least I have a moderate understanding of what saleries they used to offer to base my applications around. Since it's often a little more difficult to find information about games programming specifically.

• Like Like x 2
  2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Don't worry, you will be adult only after 40 years of experience from life, that is at earliest. Of course you practice being an adult from 18 years on or so, but even you would think being an adult around 30, you still are just a grown up kid that is beginning journey to adultood.

Some persons start to learn what life and being adult is only after 50 years old, but it is rare to fine anyone who really understands how kid he is at 30 years old, but as years pass life teaches many lessons, more and sooner you learn from old people, better you will manage those first 20 years of learning adulthood, but darn it is difficult to understand all the information around that time.

If I would of known what I know today back when I was 20, boy my life would of been so much more...

• Like Like x 1
  3. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I hope the day never comes where I become 100% "an adult". I would rather keep some of the inner child alive, preferably with the enthusiasm bit intact.

However, I wouldn't universally listen to old people without questioning what they say, or perhaps more importantly their outlook on life. There is without doubt much wisdom to be gained, but some people wear their age badly, basing all of their "wisdom" upon broken logic and a life full of blaming "the system" when they chose the path they took.

To be clear, This will be true of all generations, not just the generation of people who currently happen to be old. Before someone interprets what I say as some generation _ vs generation _ feud, or whatever the current outrage zeitgeist is .

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

One of the key elements in learning is question "why?", when listening to older people, trying to figure out why they say what they say and how they say it reveals world of new thoughts and I so much wish I would of understood that at age of 20, but life goes around, every generation more or less stumbles on same potholes of road, it is actually bit of amusing how this path of learning tends to be more of stumbling and falling instead of climbing those steps, but such is the life.

Modding or life, pattern seems to be same, for example why on earth I did rent city apartment from southern side of the building?! That is terrible hot at summer evenings, always look north side as there evenings are cooler and hot temps are not disturbing the sleep. Oh well, learning is like this, you think you have it and then comes reminder that you forgot something :p

If anyone is going to learn anything from this, maybe that there is no need to stress too much, everyone will hit those potholes, just try to keep long term goals clear and work towards those, somehow life works then itself out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MilanKD

MilanKD
    Expand Collapse

Well, today my laptop died. First the screen was malfunctioning, but now (I think/am pretty sure that) the motherboard is gone too. I’m heading over to a friend to save my data from my SSD, which has all WIP stuff of my mod too.

So, pretty much, I now work 3 jobs to pay for a new system (because as a 16 year old you don’t get paid much, at least in the Netherlands).

Sorry for my inactivity for now, will be back and active in awhile from now.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Got results back for my dissertation, I have all results back bar one module now, long story short, I would have to fail that module, then fail a resit of it to not get a first class degree. So I am pretty stoked right now.

• Like Like x 4
  7. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

upload_2018-6-9_0-28-11.png

The beginnings of my 16-bit microcomputer. This is the first schematic I've ever made, so pardon the wiring f*ckery (or correct it, if you really want to help me out - help is wanted). This is, or rather, will become, the 7151 Microprocessor Interface Complex - at the moment, all that is happening is that /BERR (bus error), /HALT and /RESET are being independently pulled high by the 74LS04 hex inverter, my favorite integrated circuit (besides the 68010, duh).

My goal is to use some sort of 16-bit microcontroller as a DMA controller. This means up to 65536 DMA channels, which is insane for a microcomputer, but is on par with the mainframes - the IBM System/390 has X'FFFF', or 65536, programmable I/O channels.

#387 vmlinuz, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

I thought up a way to retrofit climate control to a car. But it's expensive and probably wouldn't work. I'd use servos to control the control wheels and do electrical work for the blower speed. Might not even use the distribution setting as that's another servo, and it's hard to turn. But yeah I'd also have a sun sensor, and have that reduce set point by up to 2c. I'd only use speed 1 and 2 of the blower cos in normal operation you don't need anymore than that. But otherwise, it's quite easy to code. I'd also have a relay for the aircon compressor and the temperature sensor will also measure humidity.

And for the objectives I'd want the system to try and maintain an inside dew point below the temperature of outside, as the exterior temperature could be the glass, and so keeping the dewpkint below that would cause no condensation.

But at the moment, it's quite easy to just control it yourself.

Cleaned out and replaced the PSU of my grandparents PC. It is now dead :( it was locking up before and now has given up the ghost entirely

#388 Michaelflat, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  9. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I guess this would probably go in Game Screenshots thread, but i spent a lot of time doing this.

I got to another planet in Kerbal Space Program. (it's a modded one btw)

Brought a crew module carrying 3 kerbals, a long distance satellite dish, and a pear of landing legs.
    Pictures:
    screenshot3.png
    screenshot4.png
    It took 1 year and 45 days to get there.

• Like Like x 3
  10. eeEtilt

eeEtilt
    Expand Collapse

I bought a Google Home Mini so I could yell at something to tell me the weather from my bed I could actually have a decent speaker to play music on. I love it. It's much less tinny and much louder than I anticipated.

(it's red btw)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

I've got an Amazon Alexa but I never use it myself cos I don't like speakers. I always wear earphones. Introversion maybe :p

12. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

upload_2018-6-17_0-26-11.png

Psychic Operator

13. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

Hmm glad to see another person plays KSP, I play it a lot, I've never gone to a different planet YET, But I've gone to the Mun and Minimas (I think that's how you spell it?) about 20 times on the mun and 5 times on Minimas. I also have a custom ISS Orbiting Kerbin, that's as big as the take off runway, it took forever to make a rocket powerful enough just to get it out of the atmosphere :/

Pics of huge iss:

pic of tesla in space:
    (on the second pic look at the bloody Mun in the background!
    KSP_x642018-06-1213-45-24-52.png KSP_x642018-06-1213-47-25-53.png

14. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Had to replace faulty HDD (8 years old 1TB Toshiba slowpoop model) with a new 2TB WD Black.
    Took time to clean PC, format SSD and reinstall Windows, replace thermal paste on both CPU and GPU, and re-cable everything on my workstation to be cleaner. Took the whole day more or less, but was worth it.
    DSC_0002.jpg DSC_0006.jpg
    20180618_130741.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

Spent all day painting Mount Rushmore. May or may not be BeamNG related.

16. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

Revising my studies, alongside with some Witcher 3 (just bought it, actually loved the game) and Automation (never touched it until recently due to the updates).

17. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

IMG_20180622_203949.jpg
    This more or less describes my day. 8 hours of train travel (1 more to go) , and 3 hours of walking. So far I am at 22km walked.
    Gone east coast to west coast, had a job interview, and then back again (nearly back at least, still some time to go).

Manchester was really impressive to go through. That city is big and tall and very impressive to look at from the train. The peak district was also beautiful to see from the trains.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Life is life. Helped put out a forrest fire, had a baby, working on irl car.

20180620_145354.jpg 20180519_113705.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  19. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Doesn't warrant it's own thread, so I figured here would work.

Went out Drag Racing last Sunday. I have never done anything like this before, but it was the first time they held an event like this in 10 years, so you better believe I was gonna participate!

• Like Like x 2
  20. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Killed off unfinished Toyota Century virtual tuning project, then made a Nissan President virtual tuning with a few Speedhunters cues (though that will vary on perspective).
    That's really it for today.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice