1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Your Personal Micro Blog(s)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Jan 24, 2015.

1. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

upload_2018-6-27_23-52-44.png

Delusion Machine?

upload_2018-6-28_0-27-19.png

Update: test using Sonic 3's Death Egg as a background.

Anyway, that Starman sprite I made a while back? Forget about it. The Psychic Operators will be the grunts of the alien army in EarthBound: The Remake That's Slowly Turning Into an Original Concept.

#401 vmlinuz, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Went out MTB'ing again, had a lot of fun, decided to try videoing some small sections of it via mobile phone in a tree, useful for seeing what I actually did rather than how I feel I did.

Also bought infinifactory and ShenzhenI/O , I may be hooked on infinifactory.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Went to Yellowstone national park and saw everything! The hot springs are so cool looking! I really enjoyed it

• Like Like x 3
  4. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Redacted

#404 EruptionTyphlosion, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  5. MASKED REPTILIAN

MASKED REPTILIAN
    Expand Collapse

shuting down a party wich was supposed to end at 11 now its 1
    uranus is going to rise in about 56 minutes in 78° ENE so ill take some pictures of it when it reaches a altitude of 46° at 5:23 just before fajr
    and get some shut eye while I wait to get some pictures.

• Like Like x 1
  6. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Sprite upload_2018-7-1_23-19-11.png

#406 vmlinuz, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Gamergull

Gamergull
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

That's a really sweet firetruck.

I've been working a lot. Aside from that, I'm messing with my first map for BeamNG, and it's going well :D .

8. AwesomeRacer456

AwesomeRacer456
    Expand Collapse

So uh, been inactive quite some time, feeling like it's time to go daily on here and return.
    And new avatar to go with it.

Also attempting to update my own mod seeing if I can get it back working to the latest version of BeamNG.

• Like Like x 4
  9. alex hart

alex hart
    Expand Collapse

Took my car for an MOT today, failed at first due to the hand brake coming loose but they fixed it for me. Two advisories for both of the front anti-roll bar bushings being worn :(.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Congrats on passing!

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

According to flatmate, this counts as being clean...
    IMG_20180705_172432.jpg
    I currently feel like knocking myself out against a wall and calling it a day. I just can't even...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  12. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It is cultural difference, you must remind him that holy water is not the same as cleansing water and he needs to level up in order to use cleansing water, until then he just have to resort to scrubbing like a normal person or face purifying fire from level 30 dragon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

So...
    They attempted to cook on the stove as shown in the above photo, tripping out the entire flats electricity in the process. I swear this ovens safety cutoffs must have prevented >10 fires by now.

At which point I decided "eff it", I ain't resetting the electricity for them again, they can figure it out for themselves if they want to return from the dark ages, tired of fixing all the crap they screw up.

Decided to head out on the bike in the mean time, except when I grabbed the bike, the rear wheel was entirely flat, must have got a slow puncture. So I pumped it up again (will replace tube later) and headed out to look at some ducks in the park, as well as have some fun sending it around the city (steep cobbled streets and occasional drops).
    IMG_20180705_203720.jpg IMG_20180705_203928.jpg

Then went back to the flat, refilled my water, put some air in the rear tyre (didn't really need it, was holding up well) and then headed back out again to send it off the flood defences and enjoy the sunset.
    IMG_20180705_211510.jpg IMG_20180705_212657.jpg

Also saw what I can only assume was a blind rabbit, since it only reacted to sound. Didn't know where to run as my bike approached it on the path, so it ended up running along side me for a few meters before I stopped to get a photo of it.
    upload_2018-7-5_22-53-6.png

I may have also chased a cat. Because reasons...:rolleyes:

I can assure you, my sanity is not in question :p

• Like Like x 6
  14. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Just got "The Crew 2" AND the season pass from eBay today finally.
    It has it's ups and downs, but I can it's kind of better than the original. I also got some Horizon vibes personally, though I doubt you could use a plane or boat in the Horizon series.

15. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Oscilloscope's here! Waiting on a bunch of electronic components before I start building my project computer.

The 68010 is so elegantly designed that a basic processor board (static RAM only, no cache - actually faster than DRAM+cache in practice, depending on SRAM latency - and no virtual memory) requires only standard 74LS11, 74LS138 and 74LS148 ICs, all easily available, as glue logic. Compare this to the 8086/8088, which required bus demultiplexing and an external interrupt controller - all kinds of chips, some of which were Intel-specific and are becoming rarer each day, would be needed. If my project goes well, I may design PCBs and distribute it in kit form.

Assuming I can get them to work, I may base the peripherals off of Intel 82xx-series devices, such as the Intel 8272 floppy controller (also known as the NEC uPD765A, as found in the IBM PC).

And if anyone knows about the inner workings of any early Sega Genesis ASICs, please let me know. Just an idea - maybe I could add support for Blast Processing at some point!

That game I'm never going to make? I might actually be making it someday. I've just about nailed down the first chapter of the story, titled "School Scramble." It follows our hero, Oliver, through the last - and most chaotic - four days of the school year. The school is taken over by the Grouches, the local clown gang. Oliver teams up with best friend and baseball teammate Will to drive them out, but the clowns vow to return in three days to tear the school down. Oliver and Will must unite the various factions of the students - easier said than done - if they are to have any chance to resist the Grouches' final invasion.

#415 vmlinuz, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  16. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Too hot...
    Productivity = low
    32c (90f) indoor temps, with radiant heat from windows and computer stuff, with no way of cooling the room down is not ideal.
    IMG_20180708_181553.jpg
    (and this is without any games or intensive processing being done, just web browser etc)

#416 aljowen, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I have been wondering a bit of life here.

4 days ago I did visit local shop, which is under 100 meters from me, first there was couple that had parked their car sideways across front door and smoking, producing that disgusting smell of cigarette smoke and no way to avoid the stench. It was quite clear those were persons who don't shy getting drunk often.

I somehow manage to reach shop door, but then there was two persons, male and female, that clearly had those alcoholistic kind, male wants money from female and while I'm right next to them, male throws female on ground and starts to beat up her.

Two days ago I did visit a same shop and half way to shop there was 8 person gang on seats located there smoking, female yelling while being drunk and drinking more alcohol, cans and other debris spread all over, when I did return to shop fight had emerged. It goes without saying that many of bunch were smoking too.

Today I was in shop and group of four pretty drunk male and females act aggressively in a shop.

Always new faces, so it is not same group either.

There is not telling how much drugs are involved too, as it is known there is quite a bit of that these days, even among kids.

Somehow I start to feel downfall of humanity must be closing, when every time I visit a local shop there are these uncivilized barbarians whom only purpose seems to be unsocial behavior, while they are overly social among each other, gathering in groups and talking non stop from late afternoon to next morning, which seems to be part of natural behavior of that variety.

They don't seem to possess any kind of self control, they strongly react with emotions to any words they receive and quite often there are these outbursts of violence among them.

Problem that I see is that there are quite small amount of so called 'normal' people that I see during my short visits to shop and certainly no high intelligence or civilized manners can be found.

Several times a day I see and hear police coming to break up these fights and it is not rare that some bystander gets part of their violence.

So, I wonder life, where it is going to at this rate, has whole world gone mad or is it just local phenomena of madness that I see in life?

Sad, sad world and I feel drawn more and more to isolation from it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

I made dis...

IMG_2953.jpg

into dis...

IMG_2966.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  19. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I learned today that a large number of street lights in my city turn off at 10pm, with a blackout of all residential street lighting at midnight (excluding high traffic roads, which at midnight is less than 1 car per min on major roads).

Also continued with the kitchen clean up project, who needs house flipper when you can have real life eh...

20. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Went out on the bike yesterday, saw some hedgehogs. Was able to get within about 1m of them before they started ambling away from me. Couldn't get a decent photo of them though due to the dim lighting. Also had an owl take off from within 5 meters of me, which was pretty impressive, huge birds. What I was less impressed by was the 23 midge bites I woke up to this morning, gonna have to start wearing insect repellent again, my neck and legs are so itchy :/

Either way, new found appreciation for hedgehogs I guess. Lovely little things.
    Screenshot_20180714-004937.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice