1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Your Personal Micro Blog(s)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Jan 24, 2015.

1. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Went drag racing again this weekend... got a better shot of more races... unfortunately the timer in the right lane was messed up so half the time the ET's I got were all messed up.

My last run against an Evo I lost... but it said I won and I did the whole run in .4 seconds somehow... yeah... no.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

off topic but why not leave it in drive instead of manually over-riding. Then surely if your on full throttle then it will shift as late as possible anyway. ( i think you missed the shift out of second on first run, i heard a rev limit)

3. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Because it's an old, clunky, Chevy transmission that likes to shift way to early. If I punch it in drive, it would have shifted into second at about 2000RPM and third at about 2200 again... so instead I just hold onto it a little longer myself since it doesn't want to do it and it wants to try and be a Cadillac.

And as far as the rev limit is concerned, its not so much I hit the revlimit as the thing just ran out of puff... the Crossfire engines were so choked down by the intake that when you get above about 4500RPM it actually creates a small vacuum in the engine as it just can't pull air into it fast enough. That means that they don't even need a rev limiter because physics kinda takes care of the job anyways... plus if it got above about 5200RPM it would just end up floating the valves anyways :D

#463 atv_123, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

ahh good ol' GM :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gamergull

Gamergull
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I spent more than an hour on Google Streetview looking at pretty roads, so I can get a better idea of how to make my own custom maps look sweet. The real East Coast USA looks awesome. I'll have to visit for real one day.

6. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I wish I was gonna be in town for when this happens, just to walk past it and see it from afar. Presumably a super classy event.
    IMG_20180801_133343.jpg

#466 aljowen, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

I'm doing some updates for my very own circlejerk subreddit, r/AyyyyyyMG. Yeah, as the name implies, it's a AMG-themed circlejerk subreddit.
    (I know the name is just a AyyMD reference lol)
    Capturewwwwwwwww.png Capture22221.png
    It's free to join. And if you joined this subreddit, you must pledge your soul to the mighty AMG gods!
    Link

8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Before sunrise, I did measure temperature of balcony concrete structure, 32C, no wonder it is instant sauna if I close doors and windows.

Thankfully it should soon get rainy and below 20C.

Desk fan has been running non stop more than a week as without airflow I would melt to shapeless blob of goo.

Tomorrow should get gtx1080 to borrow and certainly I hope cooler temperatures for testing that, M2 slots are under GPU and under CPU heat sink, so this heat tends to put SSD temp over 40 when Beam is running, can't remember what was point when Samsung started thermal throttling, but seeing up to 46C is about 10C higher than normal highest temp, as is preferable room temperature.

As a bonus, wasps start to get indoors, had argument with one of them over a sandwich, he decided to swiftly exit from apartment after I stated it is my sandwich and told him to find his own, for once wasp did listen. It would of been Mr Hoover time if he had not!

Right, I think it is just too darn hot in here, the wasp seemed not to mind the heat though :p

• Like Like x 2
  9. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Today has been spent packing all my stuff and getting ready to move out of my flat. Crawling under a bed to get everything out and cleaning it all is pretty hard work.

So how exactly does this vacuum bag save me space again xD [I am joking ofc]
    IMG_20180802_203446.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  10. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

I made this, lol

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

Still finding ways to promote my own AMG circlejerk subreddit.
    At the end, I only got an upvote from one of my posts.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

As it turns out, Half-Life 2's soundtrack is really fun to play on the guitar. I'm working on "Last Legs" right now - kind of an underappreciated track. Here's the original:

13. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

32° C? That’s about 90° F, which isn’t incredibly hot here in the states, especially down south or far up north. I live in the northern states and 90 isn’t exactly common, it isn’t unheard of either. Down in Texas it can get up to 120F. Plus, the temperature of the concrete is likely higher than the air temparature. 90 isn’t very comfortable to be out in, but I suppose if you don’t have air conditioning 90 really sucks.

14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Thankfully there has been bit cooler nights now, but sadly those smokers are preventing proper ventilation of the heat, but it is more manageable now already.

However it is still bit hot for the properly fast drives in BeamNG as my seat ends up rather wet still if I do few quick runs. I have always sweated a lot and much prefer below 20C for any movement.

These buildings are also indeed made to retain heat, so to get temps lower requires lot of cool air, people should really ventilate their apartments instead of smoking at balconies, but I guess they don't mind the heat. I didn't have even heating on during winter, still temperature did not drop below 20, others have around 25 in their apartments and are complaining how cold it is.

Some arctic blood here I guess :D

15. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

That sounds painful. It gets really hot where I live, but it is also very humid, so it always feels like it is about 20°-30° F more than the what the thermostat says. Occasionally we also get storms that knock out power for a day or two, but opening the windows doesn't do much because there isn't much wind most of the time. There have been a few times when power was lost for a week and a few people died from heat.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Posted to wrong thread, edited now, I so excellent :D :D
    --- Post updated ---
    All of sudden I don't feel it being so bad here at all, your climate sounds quite horrible :-/

Tomorrow is again hot day, but then it should get below 20C which is really nice.

It was enough low temps today that I could bake some bread :p

• Like Like x 1
  17. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

temperature isn't that much of a factor to how hot you feel. Humidity is the killer. And being an island, we get a decent amount.
    There's countries with more humidity, but they usually have air conditioning.
    Thankfully, our power network is more robust than other countries, and we rarely have bad storms.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Played some more Pokken Tournament (because I need to atleast stray away from continuously using the XBOX One (since that was my main gaming console for a while).

I also kicked Mewtwo's ass with Braixen (though I did upgrade her the most, so maybe that's why I was able to do so, plus the fact I was fighting against a CPU on Normal).

19. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

literally only just realised that if you open the little windows (see on the photo)
    you can still let some air in, but less noise comes in too! my house is right on a hill where cars do hillstarts and it's so loud! always diesels, and work vans where people rag them up there, doing hill starts at 4000RPM!

#479 Michaelflat, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

In recent days, still working on the MMClone project

Also did multiplayer testing
    upload_2018-8-13_23-44-58.png

Most of the work has been behind the scenes though. I'm quite surprised how far I've come with this project, it's actually not too far from being complete

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice