1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Your Personal Micro Blog(s)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Jan 24, 2015.

1. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Holy shit, it keeps on raining around....

Anyways, I'm planning to go back to Motorsport 7 today so I can actually start not doing computer 24/7 all day.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

Progress.png
    I finally made a actual pine tree for PINE hills, I wanted to finally create some custom vegetation and use it in one of my maps, I have finally gotten a good idea of how I want pine hills to look so I can finish it and start another project I'm excited for.
    *Spoilers* if you liked the cave map by Dunewulff you'll probably like my next project.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I hurt my back

4. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Oof. Hope you feel better.

• Like Like x 1
  5. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Just found out Ferrari is still going with the CUV plan, and decided to do a quick dirty photoshop job using the Stelvio as the base.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

That render is about as disgusting as the idea itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

The Ferrari CUV will likely be closer to a more usable FF/GTC4 grand tourer than an actual crossover.

Also, what's so disgusting about cars with a broader set of abilities than pointless weekend supercars?

I honestly don't get the Cayenne-phobia, it's not like Porsche, Maserati and the likes stopped making sportscars in order to pursue a SUVs-and-CUVs-only lineup. I'm honestly all for their expertise to filter down to more usable vehicles that might also get entertaining and engaging to drive like trucks will never be in the process...

8. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Well today started off shit.
    I woke up at 5 am.
    I got dressed
    I made breakfast
    I dropped my breakfast on my lap
    I had to change my clothes.

Thats all so far.

• Like Like x 2
  9. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Intel is really pissing on my cereals right now.

They did have fully working iGPU drivers for 8th gen and windows 8, but they removed those, they removed windows 8 from the inf files, you can put lines back in there and it will work, but they purposely removed working functionality.

So end user have to hack drivers to install, after doing that everything works fine, there is zero reason for them to remove support, except certain software giant forcing everyone to slow and problematic Windows 10.

Intel actually has gone so far that they have removed drivers from their site that used to work on Windows 8 and 8th gen, they have older drivers, newer drivers, but versions that did work fine have disappeared.

That certain software giant is another which is peeing even more on my cereals, they are making UI constantly harder and harder to use or at least slower, icon colors disappear, now buttons are going to be even without texts in outlook, so one with poor eyesight that used to rely solely on colors, then resorted reading texts, is going to hit those identical buttons randomly and trying to see what happens...

I have spent hours and hours to hack everything to install, which would of worked with certain driver version without an issue, wasting hours of life again because this win10 crap, I really hope BeamNG will be working on Linux or something in a future as this crap just is too much.

With win8 I have better security, functionality, speed, etc. so this ridiculous forcing of windows 10 is really getting on my nerve.

So yet again a day without much progress thanks to this driver mess.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

I’m not a fan of these “luxury crossovers”
    Practical? Sure, if it got 8 more miles to the gallon and wasn’t nice enough that you couldn’t put anything in it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

The main road in our neighbourhood is absolutely destroyed right now. First they removed all trees that were 5 meters from the road, now they got to the road itself. One lane is closed, the second one has had all pavement removed down to bare earth. You can imagine how it looked like after 2 days of continous rain and loaded dump trucks driving back and forth. In case you won't, it was covered in 10 cm deep holes filled with muddy water. Some unfortunate Evoque tried to avoid them, drove into the closed first lane and fell into an even bigger hole. Now they have flattened the road out and covered it with gravel, though it's still crap.
    Don't know if coincidence or not, but low tire pressure light came on in our A5. Pumped them back into shape yesterday and saved pressure in the MMI, let's see what happens next. Tires don't seem to have any visual damage, good thing we opted for the smallest 17" rims. Also found out there's no dipstick in this car, screw German engineering.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

That's true. Cars in general are too nice to put anything in them, when a white van can carry a lot more, without ruining the carpeting in the boot... :p

Some just enjoy the ride in a vehicle that's a good compromise of space, comfort and driving dynamics... Luxury CUVs are today what luxury wagons were 20 years ago, vehicles aimed at customers in the market for a luxury vehicle who could use the added practicality.

13. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Well... It DOES work on Linux but you have to use the program called Wine to run it. The other problem is that for now it doesn't want to run with Steam's built-in compatibility layer called Proton, so you will have to make your way into the BeamNG folder & run the .exe from there manually using just Wine. I can not say how good/bad is the performance, since I haven't tried it myself, but I got a friend who uses Linux only, so he was the tester. According to him, the game ran well enough :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  14. daveywaveyHD

daveywaveyHD
    Expand Collapse

I'm sure you already know this, but just incase you don't, TOSlink is only 2.1 audio unless it's encoded (DTS for example is 5.1 encoded through optical), making use of the RCA inputs (front, rear, centre/sub) would provide true surround sound without the need for digital encoding aswell as being pure analogue (which some people argue is better because it removes additional digital processing - i've never noticed a difference). Ofc the multichannel option from only two channel input is still pretty great in movies, but true surround sound is more involved. :)
    I've used both TOSlink, HDMI (for 7.1) and RCA and can say that TOSlink just becomes a pain in the ass - it's old technology that was never implemented well unfortunately.

15. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

It makes more sense if you remember that my ideas regarding car design are pretty much stuck in the 1990s and early 2000s. To me, the idea of a supercar manufacturer degrading itself by making SUVs just feels wrong somehow.

I got over the Cayenne (possibly because I was much younger when it came out and so didn't feel compelled to hate it, especially as I wasn't really aware of the differences between the Cayenne and an American SUV i.e. ladder frame vs. unibody, 4WD vs. AWD, etc.), but somehow Ferrari doing the same thing just feels like selling out to the lowest common denominator. Crossovers combine station wagon and SUV in such a way that they mutilate but do not fully destroy each other. I can sort of see the logic behind them, but in the end, you could have had a station wagon with much better driving dynamics (and fuel economy too), or a real SUV with genuine ruggedness and off-road capability. Since no one is going to go crashing around the woods in a Ferrari (unless they're going to surprise us all with their own take on the old Lamborghini LM002), I would have preferred the first of those two options.

Of course, we all know that in the eyes of casuals, wagons are seen as terminally uncool, for some reason, so instead we get this.

16. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

The Purosangue will probably be more of an indirect replacement to the FF than an actual CUV.

17. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Last night I got my water well fixed! First time I have had running water in my house in 3 weeks!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

I literally just got sprayed with blue pen ink.....
    Some kids pen broke and he flung it across the room. lmao

19. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It seems I'm having today horrible chest pains, not certain if the evening walk was best choice.

Oh and drunken granny upstairs is playing some very slow squealing kind of music so loud that I have to play death metal over my tolerance level, absolutely wonderful day, just what would be next...

• Like Like x 1
  20. jetcoasterfan

jetcoasterfan
    Expand Collapse

Here is my latest pic of my backyard playground.

Attached Files:

• myplayplace2018.jpg
    • Like Like x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice